Session VI, Saturday PM Finals discussion

CHROMEBIRD

Just now, VakAttack said:

Yes, but this was a weak weight, and both those guys special wrestlers.  I don't think Haines, while good, is that kind of special. 

He's pretty special.  He's only 18 years old unlike other prodigies that are graduating high school at 19 years old.

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

5 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

He's pretty special.  He's only 18 years old unlike other prodigies that are graduating high school at 19 years old.

I'm talking about from a skills perspective.  Nolf scrambled in next level ways.  Nickal had his leverage and upper body stuff.  Zain was a literal grizzly bear on top.  Haines is very good, but his skillset, so far, isn't that kind of special, where I think Carr and KOT both do have that kind of next level skills.

Edited by VakAttack

I'm talking about from a skills perspective.  Nolf scrambled in next level ways.  Nickal had his leverage and upper body stuff.  Zain was a literal grizzly bear on top.  Haines is very good, butnhis skillet, so far, isn't that kind of special, where I think Carr and KOT both do have that kind of next level skills.

Yes. Haines isn’t flashy. 

I'm talking about from a skills perspective.  Nolf scrambled in next level ways.  Nickal had his leverage and upper body stuff.  Zain was a literal grizzly bear on top.  Haines is very good, butnhis skillet, so far, isn't that kind of special, where I think Carr and KOT both do have that kind of next level skills.

Those guys were 2 years older when they came onto the scene at NCAA's.  

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

AOC is 25 year old 6th year senior defending champ. Haines is 18 year old true freshman. 

The man strength and experience was the difference. AOC big brothered him. 

AOC is an older, stronger, more experienced, savvier version of Haines?

Edited by peanut

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yes, but this was a weak weight, and both those guys special wrestlers.  I don't think Haines, while good, is that kind of special. 

Utter bollocks, as my Brit friends say! Haines is just good?? He's not special?? After what you've seen in B1G and NCCAs?