The GOATest GOAT of All GOATs.

Wrestleknownothing

49 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

At the time I wrote that sentence Spencer Lee was a presumptive 4xer who had not yet seen the bright lights of Tulsa courtesy of Matt Ramos. At the same time, Ed Banach had been a 3xer for 21 years.

??? 21 ?

On 2/22/2023 at 8:54 PM, SocraTease said:

If Wrestleknownothing keeps this up, he may become a candidate for GOAT Of Wrestling Statistics.

Maybe FLO or Intermat or USA Wrestling should hire this fellow.

Great work.....I vote for you, but only if you eliminate the term "pinfall"......can't it just be pins or falls????  Just image Sandy Stevens, Ed Alverti, Jason Bryant and more saying "winner by pinfall".  And I can't imagine Ed Alverti saying "potential pinfall down on mat number 3!"  🤦🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

3 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

Great work.....I vote for you, but only if you eliminate the term "pinfall"......can't it just be pins or falls????  Just image Sandy Stevens, Ed Alverti, Jason Bryant and more saying "winner by pinfall".  And I can't imagine Ed Alverti saying "potential pinfall down on mat number 3!"  🤦🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

The Dream.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

16 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

At the time I wrote that sentence Spencer Lee was a presumptive 4xer who had not yet seen the bright lights of Tulsa courtesy of Matt Ramos. At the same time, Ed Banach had been a 3xer for 21 years.

Go back and watch Shultz vs Banach. A "sure thing" for 4  time champ - even though he had not yet won three.Mark stuffed that one.

Go back further and watch Danny Gable in his final match. A "sure thing" for 3 time undefeated champ...

You aren't the champ until you win the final match.

-------------------

You win by pin or fall. "pinfall" is the girly man description and an abomination.

Edited by AgaveMaria

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

3 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

Go back and watch Shultz vs Banach. A "sure thing" for 4  time champ - even though he had not yet won three.Mark stuffed that one.

Go back further and watch Danny Gable in his final match. A "sure thing" for 3 time undefeated champ...

You aren't the champ until you win the final match.

-------------------

You win by pin or fall. "pinfall" is the girly man description and an abomination.

You want to re-litigate the first sentence of a 14 month old post while ignoring the second sentence? Now that is some girly girl stuff.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

46 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You want to re-litigate the first sentence of a 14 month old post while ignoring the second sentence? Now that is some girly girl stuff.

let's stop the misogyny and don't feed the trolls

On a more substantive point, Dick DiBatista deserves mention.  Never lost a match in high school, college, or freestyle (137-0).   2x champ because frosh could not compete and WWII cancelled NCAA's.  Also played college football.  Long-time referee and one of the most gracious ambassadors for the sport.   

https://www.eiwawrestling.org/HOF/Hall_of_Fame/dibatista-dick?view=bio

Edited by Elevator

A story about Dick DiBatista.   One of his NCAA titles came against a wrestler who was a heavy favorite and years older (I believe had come back from WWII). Might have been an AAU champ back when that was a big credential.  He took the loss badly and came into the locker room looking for a fight.  Dick was in the shower and a peace-loving man.  No fight occurred.   Not sure if there was a rematch - but Dick was undefeated.  

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That is for PortaJohn @Idaho & @ionel LLP to decide whether to bring a case before the courts

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

22 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I picture this club having high-backed leather chairs, cigars and a ridiculous number of brandy snifters all of which are unused and pushed off to the side so these guys can drill in the middle of the room.

This is how I picture all of us at home posting...

spacer.png

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐