Nord Stream 2 pipe line.

El Luchador

Every time you can't refute an argument, you attempt to discredit the source but succeed in discrediting yourself.

He is a Pulitzer Prize winner. I'll bet you didn't discredit him when he exposed Adu Graib prison scandal. He is a well connected experienced investigative reporter.  He certainly isn't a crazed right wing conspiracy theorist.

Every time you can't refute an argument, you attempt to discredit the source but succeed in discrediting yourself.

He is a Pulitzer Prize winner. I'll bet you didn't discredit him when he exposed Adu Graib prison scandal. He is a well connected experienced investigative reporter.  He certainly isn't a crazed right wing conspiracy theorist.

Please provide another time I’ve attempted to “refute the argument”.

The other disagreements you and I have had boil down to actual, professional experience vs your opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Le duke just doesn't like anyone named Seymour.   Or he is an anti-semite.    Or he is just clueless and you just edumacated him. 
mspart

I had no clue that Hersh was Jewish.

His conspiracy theories on OBL are a bit much for me. Putting it lightly.

3 hours ago, El Luchador said:

https://nypost.com/2023/02/08/seymour-hersh-claims-us-navy-behind-nord-stream-2-pipeline-explosion/

Between the pipe line and the fire set in Ohio  I think we can all agree that Biden is the world's biggest environmental terrorist. 

i guarantee you that you support the exact deregulation - which took place under Obama then Trump - that caused the train disaster. that is a very clear consequence of right wing economic policy.

27 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

i guarantee you that you support the exact deregulation - which took place under Obama then Trump - that caused the train disaster. that is a very clear consequence of right wing economic policy.

Incompetence is what caused it. The quality of employees in a unaccountable union environment is what did thus.

40 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Also, Nordstream 2 was full of...wait for it...air, at the time of the explosion. 

I'm not sure how compressed air being evacuated from a compromised pipe is an environmental disaster, but, you do you, killer.

It was full of methane. Numerous reports say this.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Please provide another time I’ve attempted to “refute the argument”.

The other disagreements you and I have had boil down to actual, professional experience vs your opinions.

Well apparently my opinion was more valid than you give credit for because they shot down 2 more object without waiting for them the cross the country. 

36 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Also what Trump Era deregulation said to burn everything after the wreck?  

38 minutes ago, LJB said:

i do love it when someone "guarantees" what someone else thinks/supports/whatever...

nuance clearly does not exist but for a few select places of enlightenment...

meanwhile, tribalism runs rampant...

he's pretty clear about what he believes and then immediately parroted the claim that the people who caused the tragedy are using: "evil unions."

nevermind these exact unions had their strike broken by the government a couple months ago and one of the major concerns of their strike was safety regulations.

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

There is a disconnect with some people.  Some folks simply won't acknowledge the critical role government regulation plays in everyone's life each and every day.

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

There is a disconnect with some people.  Some folks simply won't acknowledge the critical role government regulation plays in everyone's life each and every day.

I agree there needs to be some regulation.   But once the regulation is set, that is when the regulators start thinking they need to regulate more stuff.   So they go from an 8 gage wire needs a .1 inch thick insulation to an 8 gage wire needs 1 inch thick insulation because that is safer, and then they go to an 8 gage wire needs a 2 inch thick insulation that is purple to easily distinguish it from the 6 or the 10 gage wires and everyone knows 2 inch thick insulation is much much safer than 1 inch thick insulation.   Then they think the 8 gage wire should be fluted on the ends which does nothing for safety and makes it harder to terminate but is easier to manufacture.   And on and on and on and on. 

The original spec was safe and did what it needed to do.   The rest is not necessary.   Obviously this is a ludicrous example but you can see that there is a level at which the regulation makes sense and then where it starts to not make sense.   Best to leave things where they make sense. 

mspart

10 minutes ago, mspart said:

I agree there needs to be some regulation.   But once the regulation is set, that is when the regulators start thinking they need to regulate more stuff.   So they go from an 8 gage wire needs a .1 inch thick insulation to an 8 gage wire needs 1 inch thick insulation because that is safer, and then they go to an 8 gage wire needs a 2 inch thick insulation that is purple to easily distinguish it from the 6 or the 10 gage wires and everyone knows 2 inch thick insulation is much much safer than 1 inch thick insulation.   Then they think the 8 gage wire should be fluted on the ends which does nothing for safety and makes it harder to terminate but is easier to manufacture.   And on and on and on and on. 

The original spec was safe and did what it needed to do.   The rest is not necessary.   Obviously this is a ludicrous example but you can see that there is a level at which the regulation makes sense and then where it starts to not make sense.   Best to leave things where they make sense. 

mspart

You only briefly touched on the role of lobbying in what is "safe" and what isn't. In some cases, safety is bought and paid for.

35 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

Sounds like the Acme 8 Gauge Wire Company hired an effective lobbyist.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

OMG I know all about government regulations,  holy cow.  I totally live my life around them. Although I'm not aware of the regulation around starting a  toxic chemical fire. Maybe you could educate me on that?

12 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

OMG I know all about government regulations,  holy cow.  I totally live my life around them. Although I'm not aware of the regulation around starting a  toxic chemical fire. Maybe you could educate me on that?

What would you have done with it?

Also, I didn't mention you.  If that shoe doesn't fit don't bother wearing it.