This Friday, Jesse Mendez will defeat Roman Bravo Young

flyingcement

6 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

My point was that when people try to analyze wrestling the way they analyze bjj or boxing most get offended 

That's really sad and it does seem we have the most rabid and idiotic fans which is crazy considering the sport is tied to higher education. Let's make the change. 

I really think Jesse's best chance is being stronger than RBY and winning on one takedown like I said. What's RBYs favorite shot? An outside single?

6 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

My point was that when people try to analyze wrestling the way they analyze bjj or boxing most get offended 

It's because the second you put a mascot on a singlet tribalism commences.  Check out the international forum on here. Far more logic and far more discussion of strategy, technique, etc etc

• Fire 3

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

I'd like to see some teams actually decide they want to compete vs PSU instead of curling up into a ball and shaking with fear. Michigan has gotten demolished the past 2 seasons. Ohio State always seems to tank and even blew it the year they were legit favorites. Besides Iowa it's pretty weak resistance. 

• Fire 1

I'd like to see some teams actually decide they want to compete vs PSU instead of curling up into a ball and shaking with fear. Michigan has gotten demolished the past 2 seasons. Ohio State always seems to tank and even blew it the year they were legit favorites. Besides Iowa it's pretty weak resistance. 

That’s the thing, though. When some wrestlers avoid wrestling, they execute a game plan to give their team the best chance to win.

As an example, Nelson Brands executed the best possible game plan against Starocci, for his abilities. He kept it close, put himself in a position to potentially steal a win late, and avoided bonus. Didn’t work out, but if he actively engages with Starocci, he gets killed, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BLT said:

What in the world are you talking about?  tOSU wrestled their butts off in that 2018 dual.  It just so happened that Kollin Moore ran into Anthony Cassar who was flying under the radar at the time.  The same guy who is the only wrestler to hand Gable Steveson his only two losses in college

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Not too bad.  Funny thing is that I used to half like Penn State before they were perennial powerhouse.  I just am not wired to be a fan of a top team.  

Been a fan my entire life.  Can still remember my first dual in the 90's at Rec Hall.  Just enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts. 

• Fire 1

Just now, PortaJohn said:

Been a fan my entire life.  Can still remember my first dual in the 90's at Rec Hall.  Just enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts. 

Awesome if I was a more die hard fan I would still cheer them on but I was only half fan.  I came from eastern PA so was more inclined to root for Lehigh, Penn and Drexel

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

Awesome if I was a more die hard fan I would still cheer them on but I was only half fan.  I came from eastern PA so was more inclined to root for Lehigh, Penn and Drexel

Grew up in eastern PA as well.  Have alums from my high school that wrestled for Lehigh, a best bud who wrestled at Drexel, & have been to a lot of duals at the Palestra.  Jon Trenge was my hero growing up and District 11 is the greatest wrestling mecca in the US.  

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Grew up in eastern PA as well.  Have alums from my high school that wrestled for Lehigh, a best bud who wrestled at Drexel, & have been to a lot of duals at the Palestra.  Jon Trenge was my hero growing up and District 11 is the greatest wrestling mecca in the US.  

That's awesome.  Jon was on my team in sixth grade as our 95 lber.  I was the 44 lber (in 2nd grade) and we went undefeated during the season.  After Trenge and those guys moved onto junior high we went from first to middle of the pack.  D11 was a great way for me to get introduced to the sport