Looks like we have a new winner for dirtiest wrestler

1 hour ago, Ponzi said:

Just to review, I honestly could not tell from the video want the NC kid did. Also, was he DQed on the first offense of the match or the second (or third) offense? Can someone please explain?

He had an overhook and tried to bend the elbow up and against the joint.   He did it twice in the Chattanooga clip, you can see the Chattanooga wrestler shaking his arm out after the first time when the ref couldn't really see it and then he does it again and the match is stopped and the Chattanooga wrestler is awarded a penalty point.  But Fernandes actually won this match 6-2.

It doesn't appear any prior penalty points were awarded in the SDSU clip.  But right in the beginning he appears to try to twist his fingers, then also of course the multitude of slaps to the head, the most egregious of which I thought was right after the restart after the ref was talking to them.  Technically, I'm not sure if he was DQ'ed right away for the elbow thing.   It appears as if he was penalized for an illegal move which resulted in an injury to Cook who did not continue, thus ultimately resulting in the DQ.

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 2

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

He had an overhook and tried to bend the elbow up and against the joint.   He did it twice in the Chattanooga clip, you can see the Chattanooga wrestler shaking his arm out after the first time when the ref couldn't really see it and then he does it again and the match is stopped and the Chattanooga wrestler is awarded a penalty point.  But Fernandes actually won this match 6-2.

It doesn't appear any prior penalty points were awarded in the SDSU clip.  But right in the beginning he appears to try to twist his fingers, then also of course the multitude of slaps to the head, the most egregious of which I thought was right after the restart after the ref was talking to them.  Technically, I'm not sure if he was DQ'ed right away for the elbow thing.   It appears as if he was penalized for an illegal move which resulted in an injury to Cook who did not continue, thus ultimately resulting in the DQ.

He did this:

9 hours ago, LJB said:

i am not sure you understand what berate actually means...

This is your other tactic where you try to nitpick or change the subject. I've seen your hot takes and they are bad. You called Spencer a future has been then jumped all over someone in this thread for calling someone out for bad sportsmanship. Go back to the freestyle forum you don't even like folkstyle.

• Fire 3

Just now, forkemaz said:

This is your other tactic where you try to nitpick or change the subject. I've seen your hot takes and they are bad. You called Spencer a future has been then jumped all over someone in this thread for calling someone out for bad sportsmanship. Go back to the freestyle forum you don't even like folkstyle.

you have no clue what berate means...

but...

thanks for playing...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Formally140 said:

To be fair… that sort of event helps the “brand” you push out. Which I’m sure is you. Mostly 

like i said, no one thought anything of it...

it wasn't just me...

but, yes... greco guys clearly have have a different perspective...

5 minutes ago, 82bordeaux said:

Debatable.

he is another "iredeemable" wrestler by these standards who somehow was redeemed and able to continue to compete...

even to this day...

i would say that is an upgrade...

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Your alter-ego JackrabbitFan239 seems to have called it a night.

Maybe you need to fire that username up to start posting again... not sure if that would make you more or less pathetic, but fire it up. We'll see.

LJB doesn't need anyone to stand up for him, but I highly doubt that he would go so far as to create a fake account to troll.

1.  He has absolutely no qualms about making controversial arguments and putting his name on them.  He is also one of the few posters on the sites that is not anonymous.  He is not shy about his opinions and probably doesn't care very much what anonymous posters think of him.

2.  He is unlikely to know the mascots of smaller programs that wrestle collegiately.  He may not even know some of the mascots of perennial top 5 schools.  He is more concerned with Roman Vlasov and Islam Duguchev than "the Big Red" or the "jackrabbits"

• Fire 2

7 hours ago, LJB said:

my 19 year old at the US open senior finals last year got fish hooked by an olympian...

totally on purpose and done to prove a point because my kid is who he is...

i did not notice it live because of my angle mat side... 

showing him hours later his comment...

"that's awesome... can i do that?"

none of us thought to manufacture any outrage...

none of us thought to make some impassioned post on a silly bbs...

none of us even contemplated that ildar was dirty or a punk or irredeemable...

we all saw it as eastern european lessons of respect to a young cocky kid...

a fish hook...

imagine what some of you all would have thought about that...

but, please...

do carry on...

Well for one, trying to break someone's elbow is worse than a fish hook...

Also, haven't other wrestlers complained about Burroughs' hand fighting for example?

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well for one, trying to break someone's elbow is worse than a fish hook...

Also, haven't other wrestlers complained about Burroughs' hand fighting for example?

what is a fishhook trying to do?

why has it been illegal in all forms of combat sports since sports?

the point is not about the move being illegal or not...

the point is not about "dirty" wrestling...

the point is not about sportsmanship...

the point is some anonymous dude on the internet called a kid "irredeemable" and felt really good about himself...

10 minutes ago, LJB said:

what is a fishhook trying to do?

why has it been illegal in all forms of combat sports since sports?

the point is not about the move being illegal or not...

the point is not about "dirty" wrestling...

the point is not about sportsmanship...

the point is some anonymous dude on the internet called a kid "irredeemable" and felt really good about himself...

Yes a fishhook is dirty and illegal.  But this topic is about the "dirtiest," and a fishhook isn't the dirtiest thing that can be done in wrestling.   This Fernandes guy is up there though, although I agree calling him "irredeemable" is unnecessary