hey flo, please stop (fill in the blank)

Hammerlock3

I sort of want this to be constructive, and someone has to since flo cant handle comments on their website and pyles gets scared and blocks all the mean twitter people...

Please stop...

1) asking people if they like hostile enviroments and tough opponents, we know the answer.

2) Labeling things "insider"...you're not an insider.

3) Showing us nick suriano for no reason. Once he's weighed in at a competition I care, but until then no one cares about where he is boucning to next....I'd be one thing is these pieces had any information in them but it tend to be stuff I get on twitter (even with the Flo bros and most other wrestling media people muted).

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I sort of want this to be constructive, and someone has to since flo cant handle comments on their website and pyles gets scared and blocks all the mean twitter people...

Please stop...

1) asking people if they like hostile enviroments and tough opponents, we know the answer.

2) Labeling things "insider"...you're not an insider.

3) Showing us nick suriano for no reason. Once he's weighed in at a competition I care, but until then no one cares about where he is boucning to next....I'd be one thing is these pieces had any information in them but it tend to be stuff I get on twitter (even with the Flo bros and most other wrestling media people muted).

4) Mispronouncing wrestlers names. It's pure cringe.

5) Serving ads in the video stream that we have already paid for.

6) Trying to manage your own tech stack. Farm it out to someone who knows how to do it.

7) Trying to do events without having a single dry run before you go live.

8.) Attempting to fill space in a video stream with mindless babbling. If nothing is happening, don't feel compelled to speak.

9) Failing to test your software on various browser/OS combinations.

10) Letting Pyles announce matches. He. Is. Terrible. No, really. So bad.

• Fire 3

5 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

4) Mispronouncing wrestlers names. It's pure cringe.

5) Serving ads in the video stream that we have already paid for.

6) Trying to manage your own tech stack. Farm it out to someone who knows how to do it.

7) Trying to do events without having a single dry run before you go live.

8.) Attempting to fill space in a video stream with mindless babbling. If nothing is happening, don't feel compelled to speak.

9) Failing to test your software on various browser/OS combinations.

10) Letting Pyles announce matches. He. Is. Terrible. No, really. So bad.

Are you saying you have mixed feelings on Flo? Or just Pyle?

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

5 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

We heard your cries for more Flo conversation and answered them.

You're welcome.

😉

i am sure this will be the one thread that actually accomplishes something other than the circle of self-abuse that every other flo bashing thread ends with...

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, LJB said:

i am sure this will be the one thread that actually accomplishes something other than the circle of self-abuse that every other flo bashing thread ends with...

Well... not just self abuse.

It's good you stopped by though.

Edited by Mike Parrish

3 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Well... not just self abuse.

It's good you stopped by though.

oh, it is 100% "self-abuse"...

rigorous even...

i am somewhat surprised you guys still have it in you at your advanced age...

• Haha 1

Personally, I like some new tunes when if isn't on the air.....that music they use drives me nuts....should be a simple fix to be able to legally use some good tunes.  And I'm only putting this on here, because the question was asked.  I for one, appreciate Flo, and I hope they continue to grow and work to tweek their broadcasting.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

Personally, I like some new tunes when if isn't on the air.....that music they use drives me nuts....should be a simple fix to be able to legally use some good tunes.  And I'm only putting this on here, because the question was asked.  I for one, appreciate Flo, and I hope they continue to grow and work to tweek their broadcasting.

I enjoy the flo radio shows, also Bader has some good guests once and a while. 

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i was going for the classy thing but OMG is this the case. Dude thinks its radio most of the time.

Not a fan of consistent play by play calls.  We are watching the video so we can see the action.  Anyone paying for it clearly knows the basic moves.  Announcer should really be there for background info, occasional in match technique insight, and some commentary when something causes a big match swing.   Let the rest of the match play out with the crowd noise.  

8 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Not a fan of consistent play by play calls.  We are watching the video so we can see the action.  Anyone paying for it clearly knows the basic moves.  Announcer should really be there for background info, occasional in match technique insight, and some commentary when something causes a big match swing.   Let the rest of the match play out with the crowd noise.  

I've often wondered if the best way to offer wrestling would be to just show the dual with the match and team scores in the corner with the wrestlers names.  Only sound would be the crowd, ref, etc.  As close as possible to you simply being there.  It's not like the typical amateur wrestling fan wants the hoopla of the WWE.  I dont need or want all the "backstory", to be told the wrestlers favorite "finishing move", etc.  Heck, I'm not even a fan of the current NCAA finals broadcast with the smoke machines, immediate post-match interview, and such drama.  Give me 1963 with color and high def.

• Fire 1

Charging so much

Holding a monopoly on watching high school state tournaments.  I remember watching the PIAA State Wrestling Tournament on WQED Channel 13 (Public Television) in Pittsburgh since the late 1960s.  Up until what 3-4 years ago, there is no local access to watch the state tournament unless you want to buy a subscription to Flo. We can watch all other high school sports' season finales: soccer, cross country, football, basketball on television  etc. etc. but not wrestling.  One Flow employee said this was good for the sport.  Horse Poop!!

Edited by KLCarnegieTech_1969
  • Fire 2

5 hours ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

Charging so much

Holding a monopoly on watching high school state tournaments.  I remember watching the PIAA State Wrestling Tournament on WQED Channel 13 (Public Television) in Pittsburgh since the late 1960s.  Up until what 3-4 years ago, there is no local access to watch the state tournament unless you want to buy a subscription to Flo. We can watch all other high school sports' season finales: soccer, cross country, football, basketball on television  etc. etc. but not wrestling.  One Flow employee said this was good for the sport.  Horse Poop!!

No I wouldn't blame the PIAA... I blame Flo.