Iowa wrestling machine explained

Maxwell Smart

6 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

the secret isn't even a secret. The slumlord and his cronies bribe the denizens of Iowa (or threaten with evictions, when applicable) to support the team

They don't threaten to flatten the tires on the trailer houses because those who move in do it right away and claim it makes it a permanent house.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

2 hours ago, Maxwell Smart said:

Excellent article on Flo explaining the reasons and history behind the dedication of the fans. Eye opening and well written. Have a different appreciation for the fans on the forum. Need to go to Carver-Hawkeye for a match. 

Going to a big match at CHA (Iowa St, Ok St, PSU) is highly recommended. I have gone twice and it was an electric atmosphere. When they thought Kemerer got the last second takedown of Starocci for the win, it was the loudest man made noise I have ever heard. It made me dizzy.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Going to a big match at CHA (Iowa St, Ok St, PSU) is highly recommended. I have gone twice and it was an electric atmosphere. When they thought Kemerer got the last second takedown of Starocci for the win, it was the loudest man made noise I have ever heard. It made me dizzy.

Both PA studs, hard to believe one is a 4x NCAA champ (maybe 5x) and the other walked away with 0 NCAA titles.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Both PA studs, hard to believe one is a 4x NCAA champ (maybe 5x) and the other walked away with 0 NCAA titles.

Why is that hard to believe?  Don't all PA studs fall along and between those outcomes (none or some NCAA titles)?

Edited by boconnell