I call you out at 97 then go 84?

Caveira

Cstar lol….    Doesn’t have the ballz to challenge AJ….    The proper term is a punk right ?   You’re a punk if you call someone out and then duck that callout no?     

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article292635794.html?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1Y84-1RJ1eqzabagqTaMdHwJM6BuMtjPRaG5MMMpsojwtc7PLQvJH9qR8_aem_jaS3sSMRGk_vkjc7xcBruA

some article content as it’s behind a pay ish wall 

Penn State wrestler Carter Starocci said he’s moving up one weight class to 184 pounds this season — and he’ll be sharing part of that journey to bulk up in a five-part series of online shorts that kicked off Monday. In a partnership with Happy Valley Adventure Bureau, a nonprofit tourism bureau, Starocci is visiting five Centre County restaurants that can cater to his diet while at the same time offering a space for him to discuss food, wrestling and life. And, of course, he’s sure to hit on a few topics that wrestling fans have wondered about all offseason.

During a break in filming on a recent evening, in a behind-the-scenes look at Gigi’s Southern Table in Ferguson Township, Starocci even told the CDT he’s feeling “a lot better” after wearing a bulky leg brace at March’s NCAA Wrestling Championships. The exact nature of Starocci’s injury was never disclosed, even after he became just the sixth wrestler to ever win four NCAA titles. “I forgot that was even a thing, to be honest,” Starocci said, alluding to the injury. “I’m brand new and a lot better, so I think things are almost like a blessing — because they lead you down a path and, with that path, you get so much better in certain areas you weren’t hitting on. So, for me, it’s been a new leap in a better direction. I’m excited.

Read more at: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article292635794.html#storylink=cpy

Read more at: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article292635794.html#storylink=cpy

Edited by Caveira

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Meh, I wouldn’t give Ferrari much chance against Starocci and going 197 would’ve felt like him ducking Keckeisen IMO.  Would much rather see him vs Keckeisen (assuming Ferrari even finishes the season and makes it to the finals).

made my day. hadn't thought about that.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

12 hours ago, Caveira said:

Cstar lol….    Doesn’t have the ballz to challenge AJ….    The proper term is a punk right ?   You’re a punk if you call someone out and then duck that callout no?     

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article292635794.html?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1Y84-1RJ1eqzabagqTaMdHwJM6BuMtjPRaG5MMMpsojwtc7PLQvJH9qR8_aem_jaS3sSMRGk_vkjc7xcBruA

Penn State wrestler Carter Starocci said he’s moving up one weight class to 184 pounds this season — and he’ll be sharing part of that journey to bulk up in a five-part series of online shorts that kicked off Monday. In a partnership with Happy Valley Adventure Bureau, a nonprofit tourism bureau, Starocci is visiting five Centre County restaurants that can cater to his diet while at the same time offering a space for him to discuss food, wrestling and life. And, of course, he’s sure to hit on a few topics that wrestling fans have wondered about all offseason.

During a break in filming on a recent evening, in a behind-the-scenes look at Gigi’s Southern Table in Ferguson Township, Starocci even told the CDT he’s feeling “a lot better” after wearing a bulky leg brace at March’s NCAA Wrestling Championships. The exact nature of Starocci’s injury was never disclosed, even after he became just the sixth wrestler to ever win four NCAA titles. “I forgot that was even a thing, to be honest,” Starocci said, alluding to the injury. “I’m brand new and a lot better, so I think things are almost like a blessing — because they lead you down a path and, with that path, you get so much better in certain areas you weren’t hitting on. So, for me, it’s been a new leap in a better direction. I’m excited.

Not only did he say he was going 197, he also expressed a willingness to wrestle 285 if called upon.

12 hours ago, Caveira said:

Where did Starocci call AJ out at 197? 

• Bob 1

50 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Strangely called him out at 190, which isn't a weight class and which he knows Ferrari is too big for.

36 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Great wrestler, but also what he would refer to as a "blow bag" if it were anyone else making that challenge.

A catchweight like 190 would be the only fair way to settle it. Why should it all be on Carter to go all the way up to 197 a weight he is too small to wrestle?

3 minutes ago, manatree said:

A catchweight like 190 would be the only fair way to settle it. Why should it all be on Carter to go all the way up to 197 a weight he is too small to wrestle?

Because carter said he was going 197, and could even go 285 if needed? That is why! Now he's "too small."  He looked around the same size as Trent Hidlay when they wrestled...

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Bob 1

3 minutes ago, manatree said:

There were rumors at one point that Carter was going up to 197. Ferrari made some dumb post on Insta saying Carter shouldn't. Then Carter responded with the dildo pic and challenging him at 190.

Bottom line is if they want to wrestle, Carter can always go up a weight class, but I doubt Ferrari can go down.

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'll take Keckeisen over Starocci.  

As much as I would love it, starocci's legs are so hard to get to. And Keckheisen's attacks, which are mostly what I would call passive misdirection, meaning they are very hard to react to because they are disguising which side of the body is being attacked and whether the attack are head inside or outside (outside step being the trendiest one currently) seem to start at PSU and trickle down.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

As much as I would love it, starocci's legs are so hard to get to. And Keckheisen's attacks, which are mostly what I would call passive misdirection, meaning they are very hard to react to because they are disguising which side of the body is being attacked and whether the attack are head inside or outside (outside step being the trendiest one currently) seem to start at PSU and trickle down.

I don't know? Sidakov looked pretty good with that outside step... I would even say Kemmerer hit it on Mark Hall to ice the match.  Hall had great defense and seemed to be dumbfounded briefly, as if he hadn't seen it a lot.  Guaranteed, he was also being Carvered for the second time in his career, so that may have affected his defense.  A rare second Carvering...

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

There were rumors at one point that Carter was going up to 197. Ferrari made some dumb post on Insta saying Carter shouldn't. Then Carter responded with the dildo pic and challenging him at 190.

Bottom line is if they want to wrestle, Carter can always go up a weight class, but I doubt Ferrari can go down.

Carter is already going up one weight class, why should Ferrari expect him to go up two? 190 is a fair catchweight for both blowhards.

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

Yeah. So the entire premise of the thread is flawed; Starocci didn't "call anyone out" at 197.

I mean... he called him out and conveniently waited until the final Stanza of a multi-page post on social media to mention that the weight needed to be 190lbs.

I call that cowardice.

• Bob 4
  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, manatree said:

Carter is already going up one weight class, why should Ferrari expect him to go up two? 190 is a fair catchweight for both blowhards.

Ferrari doesn't expect him to go up two weight classes - it's the rest of us who'd like to see the match.

I also wouldn't call it a fair catch weight if one person's too heavy for it. When's the last time Ferrari was under 190 lbs.? 2018?

1 minute ago, Fletcher said:

Ferrari doesn't expect him to go up two weight classes - it's the rest of us who'd like to see the match.

I also wouldn't call it a fair catch weight if one person's too heavy for it. When's the last time Ferrari was under 190 lbs.? 2018?

Probably 4th grade.

Also, let us be crystal clear... Starocci would not be going up ANY weight from the last weight he competed at.  86 KG is ~189.6lbs.  I guess I am wrong.  He would be going up ~0.4lbs from the last weight he competed at.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Because carter said he was going 197, and could even go 285 if needed? That is why! Now he's "too small."  He looked around the same size as Trent Hidlay when they wrestled...

I don't ever remember him saying he was going 197.  He said he could when talking about his dad calling him up telling him to do it but he wasn't sure if his dad was joking. Cael was the one that said, "Carter 197 pound NCAA champ".  He did say it was possible.

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted