2nd assassination attempt on President Donald Trump. Suspect is now in custody. Maybe Kamala will win by default when they finally are succesful

Paul158

28 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

We should as Americans be mad as hell. Trying to eliminate your political foe in order to win is unconscionable. The FBI and the Secret Service are still dragging their feet on the first assassination. Why is the opposing party doing this? 

Ironic, no?

https://www.axios.com/2022/05/02/trump-call-violence-presidency

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-supporters-call-riots-violent-retribution-after-verdict-2024-05-31/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-ramps-violent-rhetoric-rcna118438

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trump-under-fire-again-for-violent-language-and-dehumanizing-anti-immigrant-rhetoric

40 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

We should as Americans be mad as hell. Trying to eliminate your political foe in order to win is unconscionable. The FBI and the Secret Service are still dragging their feet on the first assassination. Why is the opposing party doing this? 

And your evidence for this is what? Or are you just being reckless?

• Brain 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

17 minutes ago, Caveira said:

No secret service near the golf course?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTFFATSfY/

• A Secret Service agent spotted a rifle barrel sticking out of fence and “engaged” with the suspect, Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said at a news conference late Sunday afternoon. The suspect fled in a car and was taken into custody after being stopped on the highway.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And your evidence for this is what? Or are you just being reckless?

I'm just a little pissed off right now. You have an opposing parties supporter's trying to assassinate the republican nominee. Just to be clear I have never heard of a supporter trying to murder their own nominee. Have you? Please tell me what I am missing here. Both sides have nut jobs. But only one side is trying to assassinate their opponent. Please tell me what I am missing.

• Bob 1

34 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:
  • A Secret Service agent spotted a rifle barrel sticking out of fence and “engaged” with the suspect, Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said at a news conference late Sunday afternoon. The suspect fled in a car and was taken into custody after being stopped on the highway.

They only caught him because a witness (regular citizen with a phone) saw the car and took pictures of the car and the license plate. They got very lucky that a regular citizen just happen to be there. Otherwise they would have had no idea what the car looked like.

59 minutes ago, Caveira said:

No secret service near the golf course?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTFFATSfY/

There were no secret agents outside the fence. They were on the golf course. The agent that saw the barrel was one hole ahead of the president doing surveillance. He got lucky that shooter was stupid. If the shooter pulls the gun back 12 inches they never see him and the president is dead.

21 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I'm just a little pissed off right now. You have an opposing parties supporter's trying to assassinate the republican nominee. Just to be clear I have never heard of a supporter trying to murder their own nominee. Have you? Please tell me what I am missing here. Both sides have nut jobs. But only one side is trying to assassinate their opponent. Please tell me what I am missing.

Ok, so you are being reckless. There are an infinte number of motives, but you have pre-determined one.

I, too, find it outrageous that someone, and now multiple people, want to assassinate Trump, but I will reserve judgement on motivation until anything is known.

2 hours ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

The problem is that for every example you have shown there are 1000 examples of hateful rhetoric the liberal media spews 24 hours a day for the last 9 years. Most normal people aren't affected by that. But both sides have nut jobs and the one side has people that what to kill their opponent. I could be wrong but that is just not acceptable.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Ok, so you are being reckless. There are an infinte number of motives, but you have pre-determined one.

I, too, find it outrageous that someone, and now multiple people, want to assassinate Trump, but I will reserve judgement on motivation until anything is known.

Had the shooter killed trump would it be ok to be reckless then? When they shot the congressman on the ball field that morning, I already knew something was going to happen. I had been monitoring all the nasty rhetoric that was being bantered about. The temperature was at a boiling point. The night before it happened, I had a strong feeling somebody was going to snap and they did. This behavior is unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Had the shooter killed trump would it be ok to be reckless then? When they shot the congressman on the ball field that morning, I already knew something was going to happen. I had been monitoring all the nasty rhetoric that was being bantered about. The temperature was at a boiling point. The night before it happened, I had a strong feeling somebody was going to snap and they did. This behavior is unacceptable.

No

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say his motive, goal or objective was to shoot and kill President Trump. I will also say that the reason, motive, goal or objective was to prevent him from winning the election and being President again. I will also say you are a smart person.  What other possible motive, goal or objective could there be? 

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say his motive, goal or objective was to shoot and kill President Trump. I will also say that the reason, motive, goal or objective was to prevent him from winning the election and being President again. I will also say you are a smart person.  What other possible motive, goal or objective could there be? 

I have no insight to the diseased mind. And make no mistake, anyone who decides to aim a gun at a person has a diseased mind.

• Bob 1

16 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Reckless presumptions on your part.  Jumping to conclusions.  Here's a plausible unreckless take for our brethren spreadsheet experts:   This guy was probably setting up his deer blind for the upcoming famous West Palm Beach Rut that happens the 3rd week of every September on that exact hole of the golf course.  The secret service recklessly concluded something similar to what you concluded and violated this man's hunting rights.  Sheesh, dude.  

Your recklessness and jumping to conclusions is slowing down the FBI and SS from finding out what happened in Pennsylvania.  They certainly don't need non-experts like you getting all chesty and jumping to BASELESS conclusions with NO EVIDENCE of assassination attempts.  No court in any state has concluded that any assassination attempt has taken place nor ever convicted any felons so just back off.  There is only 1 felon associated with this alleged attempt and his mere existence threatens democracy.  Therefore please let the people trying to prevent citizens from voting for him conclude their work in the name of democracy.

• Jagger 2

2 hours ago, Paul158 said:

There are MANY nut jobs out there.  Here are some of the incidents involving Obama, including shots fired near the white house. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_incidents_involving_Barack_Obama

Then there was this plot in Michigan, which was a conspiracy to kidnap the Governor. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretchen_Whitmer_kidnapping_plot

Then there was the shooting of congresswoman Gabby Giffords, which was successfully carried out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting

The problem is how easy it is for crazy people to get guns. The first shooter should never have had access to a firearm, and this shooter, who has a criminal record, should never have gotten access either. Thankfully, it appears this attempt was not very close to succeeding (the secret service found him before Trump had gotten close, and he got no shots off).

So it sounds like the secret service did a great job here neutralizing the threat. Responsibility for securing the entire facility falls on the course itself, and it seems as if they did a poor job to allow him to be close by. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Brain 1

8 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Big Real question.  Do you get charged with a lesser offense if you didn’t fire?  I imagine you do?     

Harris will post his bail.  She was a big fan of BLM rioteers and getting them back on the street as soon as possible.  Let's see what this famed law and order prosecutor from the notably tough on crime San Francisco area can do to help this unfortunate wretch who was just trying to feed his family.

• Pirate 1

5 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Harris will post his bail.  She was a big fan of BLM rioteers and getting them back on the street as soon as possible.  Let's see what this famed law and order prosecutor from the notably tough on crime San Francisco area can do to help this unfortunate wretch who was just trying to feed his family.

He’s like in his 60s no ?