Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

No. You don’t get to make that choice. 
They probably:
1. Are not  ethnically Russian

2. Never lived in Russia

3. Never even lived in the Soviet Union  

Uzbeks and Kazakhs. 
It appears he wrestled one Russian  

I mean, a lot of ignorance going on. You thought Japanese were Russians 15 minutes ago  

1) 1 did not think Japan was Russia, I think that’s clear and will just leave that there. Go back through with some comprehension skills. 

2) In my mind, how I decide to evaluate the sport of international wrestling, yes, I do get to make that choice.  In the context of wrestling, they’re all Russians.  And I’m not going to argue with you about it. 

Good day. 

4 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

1) 1 did not think Japan was Russia, I think that’s clear and will just leave that there. Go back through with some comprehension skills. 

2) In my mind, how I decide to evaluate the sport of international wrestling, yes, I do get to make that choice.  In the context of wrestling, they’re all Russians.  And I’m not going to argue with you about it. 

Good day. 

Weird. You literally said he wrestled four Russians. He wrestled one. 
Perhaps in your view of the world 1=4. Not mine. 

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

11 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I said I’m not arguing my context of ‘Russians’ with you.  And wished you a good day.  I still wish you a good day. If you would like to interpret that as a “resigning”, 🤷🏻‍♂️ you are free to. But…

Comprehension skills. 

Comprehension skills: when you call non-Russians “Russian” and die on that hill.

Makes sense to me!

2 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

There's a lot to be excited about for the future of Team USA at the Olympic Weights.  Our crop of guys coming up (hs & college) are good.  We've consistently medaled at the U tournaments. 

74kg will be the easiest to reset.  Nolf is a solid replacement for the near future if needed and we have Keegan O'Toole coming on to the scene shortly.   Mesenbrink medaled twice at U20's.  Silver then Gold.  And we can't forget Meyer Shapiro.  His results speak for themselves. 

65kg  Near future Jesse Mendez and Alirez will elevate this weight class.  Maybe Yianni D reappears but the weight issue might be a real thing.    

57kg  If Vito can continue to make the cut or if Spencer Lee decides to continue we are set at this weight. 

86kg Brooks needs to stay at this weight.  He's built for it and I'm not a fan of the Brooks to 97 rumors.  Trent could be a solid replacement and Starocci is another alternative but I think he goes the Bo Nickal route

97kg Snyder has a tournament or two left in him.  I wish someone could get into Zahid's ear and convince him to make the commitment to move up.  Might take a year but his frame screams 97kg and he'd be a real threat. 

125kg  Parris has room to grow and Kerk will be a nice addition to the weight class after he fully transitions.  Problem with Kerk is getting him motivated and keeping him healthy

And then there are the crop of young guns in high school and underclassmen in college.  Let's be clear.  USA has never had this much depth at freestyle.

1) Vito is never going 57kg again, I think he can be a very solid choice at 65kg in 4 years as well as guys like Alirez and even Bo Bassett depending on his growth 

2) I loved Nolf in college but I think we need to do better for our olympic rep in '28.  I look forward to seeing what Messenbrink and KOT bring 

3) I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks move up to 97kg and Snyder start to build to 125kg, he has 4 years to properly put on the weight and transition.  I don't see him winning many more world/olympic medals at 97kg with all these young guns at that weight internationally.  He also has a heavyweight style IMO

• Bob 2

42 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

No. You don’t get to make that choice. 
They probably:
1. Are not  ethnically Russian

2. Never lived in Russia

3. Never even lived in the Soviet Union  

Uzbeks and Kazakhs. 
It appears he wrestled one Russian  

I mean, a lot of ignorance going on. You thought Japanese were Russians 15 minutes ago  

The gold medalist Ramazanov from Bulgaria that beat Brooks represented Russia until 2019 (seems you acknowledged that one).

The guy Brooks beat in the bronze medal match from Uzbekistan represented Russia until 2015 - https://uww.org/athletes-results/javrail-shapiev-20647-profile

The guy Brooks beat in the first round from Kazakhstan may actually be from there best I can tell.

So Brooks wrestled 2 Russians.

Edited by 1032004

Just now, 1032004 said:

The gold medalist Ramazanov from Bulgaria that beat Brooks represented Russia until 2019 (seems you acknowledged that one).

The guy Brooks beat in the bronze medal match from Uzbekistan represented Russia until 2015 - https://uww.org/athletes-results/javrail-shapiev-20647-profile

The guys Brooks beat in the first round from Kazakhstan may actually be from there best I can tell.

So Brooks wrestled 2 Russians.

Ok I’m fine with that. I thought the Uzbek wrestled Asian championships as a cadet. I have no problem calling him a Russian if he is from Russia. 

I do have a problem calling lifelong Uzbeks and Kazakhs or Georgians or Kyrgyzstanis “Russians.”

• Bob 1

30 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

1) Vito is never going 57kg again, I think he can be a very solid choice at 65kg in 4 years as well as guys like Alirez and even Bo Bassett depending on his growth 

2) I loved Nolf in college but I think we need to do better for our olympic rep in '28.  I look forward to seeing what Messenbrink and KOT bring 

3) I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks move up to 97kg and Snyder start to build to 125kg, he has 4 years to properly put on the weight and transition.  I don't see him winning many more world/olympic medals at 97kg with all these young guns at that weight internationally.  He also has a heavyweight style IMO

Points 1-3 agreed.

On 8/10/2024 at 8:58 PM, wrestle87 said:

It sounds like Spencer is done(read the Flo interview he gave), his heart isn’t in the sport anymore, really can’t blame him, maybe Cael and crew can help him rediscover joy in the process.

Snyder looked tired, kinda all set and ready to move on.  Dake…will be 37 by next cycle, and we have 99% just seen the end of Zain Retherford’s career.

We are going to be starting more from scratch than we think after this cycle.  We haven’t heard it yet, but this was quite possibly the end of the boom decade+ that JB started in London. 

Who is in position to fill those spots?

If people think it's bad now....just wait. At least this crop has the talent. 

Don't even think good coaching can help the next crop. No Taylor's dakes Burroughs cox Snyder's walking through that door

The dropoff is real. 

Don't even see any Metcalf walking through that door. 

Messenbrink isn't even close to being it. That's like saying Micah Jordan would win a medal. 

• Clown 4

6 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

If people think it's bad now....just wait. At least this crop has the talent. 

Don't even think good coaching can help the next crop. No Taylor's dakes Burroughs cox Snyder's walking through that door

The dropoff is real. 

Don't even see any Metcalf walking through that door. 

Messenbrink isn't even close to being it. That's like saying Micah Jordan would win a medal. 

What about Nolf?  lol

17 minutes ago, The Kid said:

What about Nolf?  lol

Nolf is one of the last of the Mohicans ...like nolf alot. Dake I think will wrestle 28 if I had to bet

But after nolf. Those replacements look a lot worse. 

Yianni was supposed to be the next great one. Didn't happen.

You have to go to a guy like a David carr. Just not on the level of a nolf. 

All the great cadets we thought we had just not elite enough. 

Truly just witnessed a golden age of USA wrestling. Back to being a bottom dweller

• Clown 1

31 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Nolf is one of the last of the Mohicans ...like nolf alot. Dake I think will wrestle 28 if I had to bet

But after nolf. Those replacements look a lot worse. 

Yianni was supposed to be the next great one. Didn't happen.

You have to go to a guy like a David carr. Just not on the level of a nolf. 

All the great cadets we thought we had just not elite enough. 

Truly just witnessed a golden age of USA wrestling. Back to being a bottom dweller

Carr has more upside in freestyle than Nolf imo.  I think Blaze, Forrest, and Mirasola can be elite.   They have to focus on freestyle first though.  

Edited by The Kid

3 hours ago, The Kid said:

Carr has more upside in freestyle than Nolf imo.  I think Blaze, Forrest, and Mirasola can be elite.   They have to focus on freestyle first though.  

Carr doesn't dominate quite to the extent nolf and others before him did in college imo. 

Even zain. Steiber. Unprecedented run of 4 time champs recently and 3 timers. And look at them in the senior level. 

Our guys just don't jump levels at the senior level. Meanwhile just read kiyooka was like 8th at u23. We flatline or get worse. Other countries get better.