Olympic Wrestling ... Day 6

1 hour ago, BAC said:

Did anyone else notice a pretty big disconnect between Kyle and his coaches?

Cody seemed as confused what Kyle was talking about as the refs.

cody looked like he was trying to telepathically tell dake to shut up 

• Bob 1

So... with only the repechage and medal bouts left for men's 65Kg/97Kg and women's 76Kg., when will they start tomorrow's last round?

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, D3 for LU said:

So... with only the repechage and medal bouts left for men's 65Kg/97Kg and women's 76Kg., when will they start tomorrow's last round?

D3

5am

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

cody looked like he was trying to telepathically tell dake to shut up 

I was thinking that Dake was having a John McEnroe moment. 😏

(I could be wrong... )

D3

• Bob 3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, D3 for LU said:

Really... 5am AGAIN?!?🙄

D3

Unfortunately.  Below is the schedule for the US and Seabass starting @5am est.  If Seabass advances he'd slot in to the 7th match and if Zain he'd slot into the 8th match for Bronze

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

14 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Unfortunately.  Below is the schedule for the US and Seabass starting @5am est.  If Seabass advances he'd slot in to the 7th match and if Zain he'd slot into the 8th match for Bronze

Well alright... looks like I'll have to turn on my clock radio alarm.

AGAIN!

8zv3v9.jpg

(Ralph, the midget circus bear from Liberty Meadows, speaks for yours truly... )

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Bob 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I’d just like to reiterate, in Dake’s bronze match that french d-bag just threw random points at cabalov, he broke every rule of review, that was some attempted cary kolat level robbery horsesh*t

Yes. And Dake took him out of the match too.

10 hours ago, Crotalus said:
10 hours ago, Gus said:
Andrew needs to get to a legit RTC and start putting in the work to be our rep. His style transitions really well to freestyle.

Agreed. I'm over the Zain/Yianni/N. Lee era. Hopefully, Alirez can do what they couldn't and actually improve as a freestyle wrestler.

Don't forget Mendez. He was so close to beating Zain for the spot. 

5 hours ago, Lleynor said:

He made a career off a blast double. I definitely would not call him a superior technician. 

Tell us you don't watch wrestling without telling us you don't watch wrestling.

Burroughs hit far more singles in the last 5 years than doubles.  He's extended his career through a massive technique evolution.  

Edited by boconnell

4 hours ago, cowcards said:

This. The coaches were challenging the step out point because the point originally never went on the board until later after the sequence. I’m not sure if 2 of the refs even put up a point for it. I believe they even started wrestling again before it was on the board. Then the coaches challenge, but action had restarted and Dake was taken down soon after the challenge. Coaches were upset that the point went on the board, but also said that the challenge wasn’t acknowledged and subsequently Dake gave up another 2. So Dake is yelling about the TD as a challenge and the coaches are yelling about the step out and sequence after that. 

This. The whole Dake thing was about bad time. The chairman at the table was literally trying to get the official to stop the match. He was even picking up stuff, waving it at the official, and at one point it looked like he was going to throw a stuffed animal onto the mat. Meanwhile Dake is wrestling and gives up the TD while waiting for the match to stop. It was chaotic. 

9 hours ago, Perry said:

Taylor didn't have any valid reason to behave the way he did. Being angry is one thing, the comments were absolute Busch league stuff though.

what did he say I don't remember