Olympic Wrestling ... Day 6

oldschool

Just now, The Kid said:

I saw Snyder flying through the air to an 11/0 loss. 

I guess he was afraid to wrestle hard for 6 minutes.  When he pushed the pace, he scored or was close to scoring. Wrestling like Varner isn't going to get it done regardless of your religious beliefs. 

Yeah.  He got blanked on counters.  So your plan is to what?  Let's hear it.  Wrestle harder?  Be more aggressive?  What shots should he set up?    

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

7 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Burroughs was praising Snyder for not going all out in period 1, then after Kyle got two TDs near the end he was question Kyle first period tactics.

Now Kennedy gets up 8-2 and he says she should let the fur fly. Blades attempts a TD and Burroughs claims "Well done" but Kurgistan counters and turns her within 5 seconds to make 8-6.

Not his best color commentary. 

I mean if there was more time in the clock maybe he should have tried something. But Burroughs seemed to have forgot taz scored late 

• Bob 1

5 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Burroughs was praising Snyder for not going all out in period 1, then after Kyle got two TDs near the end he was question Kyle first period tactics.

Now Kennedy gets up 8-2 and he says she should let the fur fly. Blades attempts a TD and Burroughs claims "Well done" but Kurgistan counters and turns her within 5 seconds to make 8-6.

I thought the same thing. I liked Snyder's strategy:  be cautious, since being overly-aggressive last time burned him, and use his conditioning to pour it in at the end.  Unfortunately he got turned and the 6-1 gap was a bit much to overcome, and Snyder's conditioning wasn't quite as on point as it usually is.  But I still think it's the right strategy as Taz pretty much collapsed at the end.  A fitter Snyder would've taken him.

• Bob 2

9 minutes ago, peanut said:

USA conditioning not looking super awesome. I wonder what the deal is.

It is embarrassing. Kennedy Blades was stopping to adjust her knee pads and hair. Using those old tricks to catch a breather. The whole team looks in poor condition which is one of the problems.

• Bob 1

10 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

I also heard both these.  First one was hypocritical.  Second one was crap advice that was shown to be crap advice.

• Bob 1

USA men not bringing home a single gold (in an Olympics without Russia officially represented) really hurts. Feels like a major 1 step forward, 2 steps back for our country as we just completed that second step backwards. I know wrestling is hard and other countries have great athletes, but no excuse for USA here in my opinion. 

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

We really.do gas every match .... Hahah
Go USA

Dakes mouth was WIDE open at the end of his match. Perhaps it was the terrible non meat food and lack of air conditioning in hotel rooms competitors were complaining about during the event that hindered their performance. Sarcastically speaking of course. Anyone see the pic of the Gold winning Italian swimming stud sleeping outside under a bench? Did you read what he had to say? Just kidding but in general this Olympics sucked! And that’s coming from someone who grew up during an era when the Olympics meant something to a devout  PROUD AMERICAN CITIZEN. A BIG FU to those who ruined it for everyone else decades later.

• Jagger 1