Olympic Wrestling...Day 3

... just don't forget to wash your hands before you reply!

(The cheese dust will jam your keyboard!)

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Just now, scourge165 said:

BS call...he was the one creating the action...I thought. 

Oh I agree w/ you... just reportin'

D3

• Bob 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

I...don't get why Rau got the passivity there or put down...but that's 1 and 4....

I think he was charging in like a bull but wasn't opening up, kind of like when our freestyle guys do heavy stance/motion fakes only, and then get put down and we are confused. 

3-5 going to come down to the wire it seems 

• Bob 1

8 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

This is looking uglier than anticipated 0-5

Joe Rau fought like a dog, but he couldn't get past that first-period throw when he was put down. I don't understand why he was put down, as he was the guy moving the other one around, the 2-on-1s and the Greco ducks. He fought back and got within two, but his fav technique is the headpinch, and that's hard to get on a guy 4 inches taller than you. 

• Bob 1

Hmmm... so Parrish is going up against Fujinami of Japan, eh?

Good Luck...

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Brain 1

Just now, oldschool said:

good effort by rau in the last minute before that desperation attempt, but god dayumm do I hate greco. the offensive options are just so limited.

SO limited. And I think thats also harms us to a degree. Folkstyle = action action action mindset = wrestling. Greco is elite plodding with the appearance of superiority by holding center. (then par-terre action)

• Bob 1

Just now, oldschool said:

good effort by rau in the last minute before that desperation attempt, but god dayumm do I hate greco. the offensive options are just so limited.

Yeah, I'm not a fan, but I respect these guys.

I am...totally at a loss as for why he was put down(I understand Spladle's explanation, it just doesn't match what I saw)...and even more confused why Rau got 2 there. He didn't expose or anything. He came around with a...head pinch, kind or front head and he looked like he was trying to throw him, but he just brought him up and then came down to his rear. 

An explanation would be appreciated. There were still clinches when I was wrestling Greco!

• Bob 2

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

I am...totally at a loss as for why he was put down(I understand Spladle's explanation, it just doesn't match what I saw)...and even more confused why Rau got 2 there. He didn't expose or anything. He came around with a...head pinch, kind or front head and he looked like he was trying to throw him, but he just brought him up and then came down to his rear. 

An explanation would be appreciated. There were still clinches when I was wrestling Greco!

Gimp to the rescue, in 3... 2... 1...

D3

• Bob 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, scourge165 said:

Leg foul. I think his front head and arm was as much to see if he could catch him off guard and throw him but more to try to force the trapped arm into contacting his leg when it crosses down like it does.

• Bob 2
  • Brain 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Joe Rau fought like a dog, but he couldn't get past that first-period throw when he was put down. I don't understand why he was put down, as he was the guy moving the other one around, the 2-on-1s and the Greco ducks. He fought back and got within two, but his fav technique is the headpinch, and that's hard to get on a guy 4 inches taller than you. 

Either A.) he was a lot of action with no follow-through (Which is what I'm thinking they saw, other dude always bounced off and got one foot back in center) 
or
B.) They put Joe down first intending on giving him the second period dominant position (assuming he doesn't get tossed in the first)....... also something I feel like they do sometimes. 

You're right though, 5 was just too big a hole. If they wrestled again right now, probably a different match 

• Bob 1