Olympic Wrestling... Day 2

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

Five minutes of what that just happened, Arkeseyan needs the late explosion to win it, and Makhmmudov gets a 7-0 lead wiped away and loses 3-1.  Holy shit morning batman.

Mak shouldn't have had that lead, they clearly blew the whistle. I was telling my wife if they don't change the score old boy got hosed hard. 
They fixed it. 

Rau will remain in, but Bey no dice

1 minute ago, Spladle08 said:

Mak shouldn't have had that lead, they clearly blew the whistle. I was telling my wife if they don't change the score old boy got hosed hard. 
They fixed it. 

Rau will remain in, but Bey no dice

I didn't see it was concentrating on Ark at that time cuz of what was going on over there.   I see Makh up 7-0 then look back an 1-0...........wait what???!!!       Damn.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I didn't see it was concentrating on Ark at that time cuz of what was going on over there.   I see Makh up 7-0 then look back an 1-0...........wait what???!!!       Damn.

He was on top and working towards turns the ref blew the whistle so the other dude stops..... then starts getting turned like a rag-doll and theyre throwing up points while he's like WTF? 

Edited by Spladle08

4 minutes ago, d3grappler said:

Did anyone see what happened in the stadnik Mongolia semi at 50kg? I looked at the score and it was like 7-2, then the Mongolia scored late and suddenly it was 3-4? 

That score was wrong and it was never 7-2. Was 3-0 AZE and there was a sequence that looked like it could’ve been scored 4 red and 2 blue, but blue did not expose, so they ended up getting it right and only gave 2 to the Mongolian. Then the Mongolian got another takedown to win it. 

7 minutes ago, d3grappler said:

Did anyone see what happened in the stadnik Mongolia semi at 50kg? I looked at the score and it was like 7-2, then the Mongolia scored late and suddenly it was 3-4? 

It looked Stadnik had been awarded 4 for a counter off a Mongolian shot - Stadnik had stepped over the back of her opponent, which turned her some but not past 90. 

Stadnik was frustrated AF after the match. 

8 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Mongolian is 2-0 against Hildebrand… gonna be a tough semis

russelscout?!! Haven’t seen ya in a while. You and I used to do battle in the past. Hope you’re doing well Mr Iowa!

12 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Mongolian is 2-0 against Hildebrand… gonna be a tough semis

Hildebrandt teched her at a ranking series event last July, but yeah, 0-2 at Worlds in 22 & 23. 

Dolgorjav has a bunch of losses to Feng from China, who Sarah just beat in the 1/4s. 

It's a tough style matchup for Hildebrandt. Last year I remember thinking, "Damn...Spaghetti has no answer for Meatball today"

• Bob 2

The girl from China that Hildebrandt just beat has teched the mongolian 3 times this year so hopefully transitive property is better than past results head-to-head in this instance.

12 minutes ago, Rassling said:

russelscout?!! Haven’t seen ya in a while. You and I used to do battle in the past. Hope you’re doing well Mr Iowa!

Thanks, same to you! Yeah, my life has seen some pretty drastic changes, and kept me off the boards since themat.com days. Still lurking from time to time… but you know I gotta be checked in for the Olympics and see Lee get his gold. 🙂

• Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

Joe Rau was 1-1 with the World Champion from Iran at the break. Then, it was downhill from there except for the shout out to his alma mater, Elmhurst University (Coached by ILLINI Legend Steve Marianetti). 

I expect repechage, then four years down the road, he'll get a medal when the then-latest technology finds the steroids hidden from current testing capabilities. Okay, I'm grumpy. 

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Thanks, same to you! Yeah, my life has seen some pretty drastic changes, and kept me off the boards since themat.com days. Still lurking from time to time… but you know I gotta be checked in for the Olympics and see Lee get his gold. 🙂

Welcome back and let's hope you are celebrating. 

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

17 minutes ago, denger said:

Hildebrandt teched her at a ranking series event last July, but yeah, 0-2 at Worlds in 22 & 23. 

Dolgorjav has a bunch of losses to Feng from China, who Sarah just beat in the 1/4s. 

It's a tough style matchup for Hildebrandt. Last year I remember thinking, "Damn...Spaghetti has no answer for Meatball today"

I don’t remember their matches in the past, although I probably saw them. Gotta imagine Sarah has trouble getting to any offense? Seems like she has trouble getting to the legs on the best at the weight.

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I don’t remember their matches in the past, although I probably saw them. Gotta imagine Sarah has trouble getting to any offense? Seems like she has trouble getting to the legs on the best at the weight.

Just watched her match with China. Very gritty. 7-4 winner without a single leglace from her. Three takedowns, reattacks only, I think. She got them long arms! Less grumpy now. 

Sarah also smiled during the break. I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen that happen before. I like it! 

18 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Thought you might enjoy this excellent interview with Spencer Lee.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/yd2sPRWNR436yf4U/?mibextid=31ks6x

10 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Can’t open 😞  I don’t have Facebook.

It’s from USA wrestling - there’s a few up there including a great one with Aaron  Brooks. I always enjoy reading about the history of some of our best. Flo does that the best.