Wester: Elor's Coach

Do we think Elor’s coach would agree with the famous quote “ When you get in trouble, when you’re in trouble is when you don’t know you’re in trouble, and so when you get in trouble and if you know you’re in trouble then you always end up on top”

• Bob 1

24 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

Look if I can't get mad about gender, race, or religion, what's the point of the Olympics?? lol

You're right.

(KABOOM!)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

4 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

If she was born and raised in America, I don’t understand how that wouldn’t make her American? Unless, you are Native American, all of us are made up from 100% blood of other nations. 

They are just immigrants from an earlier time.

How many generations in a new land does it take before one is considered "Native"?

Part of our Clan is Spanish Land Grant lineage - direct from original settlers in the late 1490's. Does that make some of us "Native"?

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

9 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

I actually feel if both your parents were not born in same country as you then you should represent their origin of country. If your parents do not share the same country then you should choose.

We have many many born and bred American athletes with at least 50% blood who choose to represent another country. Example the Sweden pole vaulter from Louisiana. 

Helen maroulis is also 50 percent Greek......if I'm being honest ...a championship by Brent Metcalf Kyle dake Taylor Burroughs Snyder are more true blooded American and an Olympic gold is more meaningful. She is an a converted American who is still 100 percent Israeli blood. 100 percent blood means you should represent that country. 

Now If she married an American and they have a son...he should represent American since she was born here. 

I don't know whether there has ever been a time when I disagreed more with a post than this.  If your parents are from another country, you think an individual should represent that company rather than the United States, where they were likely born, raised, trained....etc.  And if the parents were from two different countries, that person should pick one of those two countries over the United States where they were likely, born, raised and trained?  Real patriotic approach.  Chances are the parents left their countries of origin for good reason.  Absolutely crazy. 

And by the way, many athletes born and raised in the United States that chose to represent another company, it was because they couldn't make out team!

Back to the original topic: it just occurred to me that this coach is the owner of “wrestling prep,” which is a strange pseudo scientific wrestling training program. Basically a gymnastics and tumbling course. I’m all for tumbling. It’s great warmup and great body awareness, etc. Not a problem with that, whatsoever. However, the belief she pushes is these exercises turn you into a champ. 

A while back, a local program brought her in to do a few early season practices. The team had amazing warmup routines with hand springs and back flips. However, they didn’t know a penetration step or how to get in referees position. Meanwhile, they strongly believed they were better wrestlers, despite not having the results to back it up. Almost cultish. 

My take is that this woman is a major self-promoter. That’s fine, but take everything coming from her with a grain of salt. Elor prob went to a couple days of her clinics years ago , and Ms. Wester now takes credit for being her coach. Also… not sabermetrics at all. Just tumbling. 

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

36 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Back to the original topic: it just occurred to me that this coach is the owner of “wrestling prep,” which is a strange pseudo scientific wrestling training program. Basically a gymnastics and tumbling course. I’m all for tumbling. It’s great warmup and great body awareness, etc. Not a problem with that, whatsoever. However, the belief she pushes is these exercises turn you into a champ. 

A while back, a local program brought her in to do a few early season practices. The team had amazing warmup routines with hand springs and back flips. However, they didn’t know a penetration step or how to get in referees position. Meanwhile, they strongly believed they were better wrestlers, despite not having the results to back it up. Almost cultish. 

My take is that this woman is a major self-promoter. That’s fine, but take everything coming from her with a grain of salt. Elor prob went to a couple days of her clinics years ago , and Ms. Wester now takes credit for being her coach. Also… not sabermetrics at all. Just tumbling. 

without going into details I've gotten similar vibes.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."