3.1-billion-dollar budget. 8000 employees. Some of the best trained men and women in world. How do they allow an untrained 20 year old kid a 130 yard shot at a President?

How does one of the best trained security services (in the world), with the best technology get out witted by an inexperienced 20 year old kid.  He gets a clear shot from 130 yards. I guess today the head of the Secret Service ( Cheatle ) will finally tell us. Finally. What a Catastrophic failure. 

I’ve developed this theory that this was not an event planned by anyone other than Crooks.  However….local law enforcement first caught wind of crooks and reported his activities, which went up the chain. It finally got to a high enough point up the chain where someone said, hmmmmm, this is an opportunity, and big boss Mayorkos probability wouldn’t be too upset.  Let’s just see what happens….

The roof had a slope so nobody was there even though it had direct eye sight to the the stage and even though the SS  snipers were on a roof with more slope.   And they knew about Crooks and nobody did anything.   SS saw him on the roof and didn't take action.  Police the same.   No action was taken until he took a shot.   Incompetence all around.  Or not incompetence at all.   I hate to think the latter. 

mspart

24 minutes ago, mspart said:

The roof had a slope so nobody was there even though it had direct eye sight to the the stage and even though the SS  snipers were on a roof with more slope.   And they knew about Crooks and nobody did anything.   SS saw him on the roof and didn't take action.  Police the same.   No action was taken until he took a shot.   Incompetence all around.  Or not incompetence at all.   I hate to think the latter. 

mspart

Maybe they all thought he would slide off the roof.  Me thinks you are being a bit harsh.  😉

30 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

Rep. said slope was 1/12.  SS counter-snipers were on a 3/12.  

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Are you really going to quibble over 2/12th?

Just to point out her BS.  For anyone who doesn’t understand what this means, twelve feet away from the roof peak the roof surface is only a foot below the peak.  

Edited by Offthemat

25 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Just to point out her BS.  

20 minutes ago, ionel said:

Nancy Mace did a good job in this area.  

19 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Eloquently 

There was also some "cow dung" thrown out there.  Its not often you see equality of fecal matter flying from both sexes of bovine. 

• Bob 1

Is that budget really a lot though? They had more agents protecting Trump than a typical candidate because of the Iran threat. If Trump holds 100 rallies and they are in wide open areas with multiple sniper teams and pre planning, protecting him alone is insanely expensive. 

The current president requires even more resources. 

They also have to protect the ex presidents, families of presidents, and now RFK. There’s a big logistics question about how many outdoor rallies these candidates should have and how much of that security should be covered by the campaign. 

5 hours ago, Paul158 said:

It’s a zero-fail job. Thats what you sign up for.

Because of the secret service, the sniper was eliminated seconds after he fired. They also rushed the stage and protected Trump. It is almost impossible to guarantee security, especially in a wide open space. Many would be assassins are arrested or stopped well before that point. 

I dont know if true but suggested by at least one that Biden was so impressed with the director's performance today he invited her out to the beech for a week vacation and ice-cream.  Don't get your hopes up, remember Joe doesn't fire anyone.