Bold Predictions Anyone?

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

While I agree the draw was the main reason, there was also the one move he used that wasn't scouted yet.  Everyone know it's coming now and avoid that position, so unless Coon has developed more offense it's going to be harder for him nowadays. 

He went from getting dominated by Schultzy for a couple years to beating him at OTT this year, so I do think that he has evolved a bit.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

14 hours ago, MPhillips said:

🇺🇸

IMG_5617.jpeg

4 hours ago, Rassling said:

fun thread to read through!

Fo shizzle.

D3

• Brain 1
  • Jagger 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I don't feel that anything is that surprising in Greco world, other than Lopez losing and an American winning gold. Russia's absence does make medaling easier.

In MFS, all of them but Zain are solid Gold contenders but not favorites (besides Dake). But it's not like there is some Karelin like figure blocking a weight (I guess Taz could be that and we don't know it yet, but that's tbd). I guess the chance of all of them doing well as they could is bold?

• Fire 1

On 7/27/2024 at 9:45 PM, GrandOlm said:

I don't feel that anything is that surprising in Greco world, other than Lopez losing and an American winning gold. Russia's absence does make medaling easier.

In MFS, all of them but Zain are solid Gold contenders but not favorites (besides Dake). But it's not like there is some Karelin like figure blocking a weight (I guess Taz could be that and we don't know it yet, but that's tbd). I guess the chance of all of them doing well as they could is bold?

Frightfully bold.

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 12:26 PM, Jim L said:

As opposed to NHS67's prediction of US wrestlers in 4 medal matches, I will go with the US GR team wins 4 matches total. Based on recent world performances, maybe not a bold prediction

OOF...looks like my negative take on US Greco was hopelessly optimistic.

Hmmm... US still has zero points in the Greco-Roman team rankings @ Paris.

Zero...

Points.

Zip.Zip

Nada

Zilch

The ol' goose-egg

scratch

D3

3 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

Hmmm... US still has zero points in the Greco-Roman team rankings @ Paris.

Zero...

Points.

Zip.Zip

Nada

Zilch

The ol' goose-egg

scratch

D3

I mean, sure that sounds bad but that is more points than Michigan State scored at the 2017 NCAAs.   

• Haha 1