Attempted assassination of President Trump. Shot and hit him on the side of the head.

16 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

the bubba wallace 'hate' crime got more msm coverage than the attempted assassination of a president

THats true and all it was was a pull-down rope to pull the door down. Hundreds and hundreds of hours by the FBI and law enforcement to investigate a pull-down rope.

Releasing truthful details of the incidents would tarnish the reputation, maybe incriminate, powerful people and gov’t entities.  It might even lead to the citizens demanding a change in their government.  It would be embarrassing and taxing to the ruling class. 

• Fire 2
  • Poopy 1

14 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

either. 

It is a little nutty that details of the shooting are still only trickling out. It's taking too long.

But... as for "lead to the citizens demanding a change in their government" - well that's crazy talk. That dude just isn't right in the head.

Every time we disagree with the gears of government, it doesn't dictate some kind of rebellion. Maybe start with electing folks who aren't anti-government to begin with. The anti-government are easy to spot - they are the ones who keep claiming the country is a disaster and is doomed and can't succeed with them. (They used to call them snake oil salesmen, they have the "only" solution - which is them.)

The USA will always have a government, we need one to succeed and prosper.

And the USA will always have snake oil salesmen who claim the government is horribly bad and they could do better.

Same thing since the 1800's. The only difference is how many people have been recently suckered into it.

8 hours ago, RockLobster said:

It is a little nutty that details of the shooting are still only trickling out. It's taking too long.

But... as for "lead to the citizens demanding a change in their government" - well that's crazy talk. That dude just isn't right in the head.

Every time we disagree with the gears of government, it doesn't dictate some kind of rebellion. Maybe start with electing folks who aren't anti-government to begin with. The anti-government are easy to spot - they are the ones who keep claiming the country is a disaster and is doomed and can't succeed with them. (They used to call them snake oil salesmen, they have the "only" solution - which is them.)

And the USA will always have snake oil salesmen who claim the government is horribly bad and they could do better.

Same thing since the 1800's. The only difference is how many people have been recently suckered into it.

You act like he is some random guy off the street. He was in the White House for 4 years already. Were we funneling massive amounts of money to Ukraine and Israel during that time? Was cumulative inflation sky high?

• Pirate 1

10 hours ago, RockLobster said:

wait... libs used to be anti govt

so i agree. we should never have elected them

12 hours ago, wrestlingguy said:

You act like he is some random guy off the street. He was in the White House for 4 years already. Were we funneling massive amounts of money to Ukraine and Israel during that time? Was cumulative inflation sky high?

In terms of political experience, he basically is "some random guy off the street." 

In terms of watching TV and using Xwitter to send mean, hateful tweets - he did that at a remarkable rate for 4 yrs.

Funneling massive amounts of money? Back then it was directly to him and his family who also had no political experience and had no legitimate reason to be in the positions they were in. And don't forget to his hotels, etc. That guy made the US taxpayers his own personal ATM machine.

That guy is an orange clown show.

How would he handle the Ukraine and Israel conflicts? That's a good question. One he has no real answers for.

• Clown 1

10 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

wait... libs used to be anti govt

so i agree. we should never have elected them

Catch up. It isn't about libs vs cons anymore.

It's about no-BS quality people to elect who will serve the people instead of themselves.

• Clown 1

9 hours ago, RockLobster said:

In terms of political experience, he basically is "some random guy off the street." 

In terms of watching TV and using Xwitter to send mean, hateful tweets - he did that at a remarkable rate for 4 yrs.

Funneling massive amounts of money? Back then it was directly to him and his family who also had no political experience and had no legitimate reason to be in the positions they were in. And don't forget to his hotels, etc. That guy made the US taxpayers his own personal ATM machine.

That guy is an orange clown show.

How would he handle the Ukraine and Israel conflicts? That's a good question. One he has no real answers for.

So you prefer a career politician like Biden who has been there for 40+ years and made millions off of being bought for political influence? Got it. 

I don't know if you know this or not but Russia and Ukraine had already signed a peace deal but the Biden administration pressured them into ripping it up. 

Trump will take care of it when he gets into office. He doesn't like to launder billions of tax dollars to foreign countries to keep them quiet about his dirty dealings during his time as VP.

• Bob 1

9 hours ago, RockLobster said:

Catch up. It isn't about libs vs cons anymore.

It's about no-BS quality people to elect who will serve the people instead of themselves.

Quality people? Did you watch the CNN interview? They are both in way over their head and kept getting caught in their own lies. If last night was any indication she will be backing out of the debates.

• Fire 1

On 8/29/2024 at 1:37 AM, RockLobster said:

Maybe start with electing folks who aren't anti-government to begin with.

please say more.  the country was founded on limited gov…

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, jross said:

please say more.  the country was founded on limited gov…

Limited and anti or two completely different things.  I am a huge fan of limited government. You know another thing the country was found upon, civil debate without all the hacking and portraying what a horrible country we are.

But we have to have government unless we want to live in a lawless society. 

11 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Ask the people of Aurora, CO what living in a lawless society looks like currently. It looks like Venezuelan gangs taking over apartments. How did they get here you ask? The current administration's horrible border policy. 

I don't know anyone that would volunteer for more of the garbage they are providing. I am not a gun guy by any means but the situation out there would certainly make me an AR-15 owner, especially since their governor seems to think it's fine and won't send in the national guard. Reminds me of Tim Walz dealing with the Minneapolis riots.

It's terrible what is happening in Aurora, and other places.   The history of our country is absolutely filled with horrible events.  I mean does it get any worse than the civil war?  

So my question is, through all of that history of horrible events, would we be able to get through those and still be the greatest country in the world without government? 

39 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Limited and anti or two completely different things.  I am a huge fan of limited government. You know another thing the country was found upon, civil debate without all the hacking and portraying what a horrible country we are.

i agree, why do dems hate the country so much

dems: we have to reimagine the constitution... i mean really

12 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

It's terrible what is happening in Aurora, and other places.   The history of our country is absolutely filled with horrible events.  I mean does it get any worse than the civil war?  

So my question is, through all of that history of horrible events, would we be able to get through those and still be the greatest country in the world without government? 

The answer is no. However, I am tired of the government creating these problems. Close the border and stop letting all of these criminals in. What is the end goal? They can't vote right?

• Fire 1

50 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i agree, why do dems hate the country so much

dems: we have to reimagine the constitution... i mean really

But you apparently don’t have a problem with the idea of suspending the constitution, and everytime in front of a camera screaming to the world what a horrible country this is? 

This, along with the thread with people who are so upset with candidates that lie, are excellent example of the hypocrisy that runs so deep within MAGA. 

I’ll give democrats credit for one thing: they saw that their leader was incredibly unfit for office, and they did right thing.  I truly truly wish MAGA would follow the lead, instead of nut swinging, so conservatives could start winning elections again and start getting some more conservative policy back on the board. 

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

The limited government people are anti-big government people.  Big government people are anti limited government... 

Who wants a lawless society?  I'm unaware besides the the media visibility to "defund the police."

4 hours ago, wrestlingguy said:

The answer is no. However, I am tired of the government creating these problems. Close the border and stop letting all of these criminals in. What is the end goal? They can't vote right?

This is some interesting reading 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harris-said-shed-sign-the-bipartisan-border-bill-that-trump-stopped-heres-whats-in-it-183310125.html

• Fire 1