I understand the premise of voting for him regardless, but does anyone think Biden's brain works?

Does Biden have sufficient mental capacity to be president?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Does Biden have sufficient mental capacity to be president?

• Yes, his brain works fine.
    • No, he is diminished too badly

14 minutes ago, red viking said:

NEWS FLASH: Job shutdown occurred under Fat Donny; not Biden. 

So you’re saying that all those jobs Biden is taking credit for adding we’re just opening back up the jobs that were shut down by fat Donny?  

• Bob 1

The reality is that neither of these guys are going to be doing much of the nitty-gritty work we associate with being president. Biden is too far gone and taking naps. Trump is watching TV and golfing. You're voting for the people they bring with them.

I think a major reason Biden is still in it is because none of the people around him have any reason to be honest with him. Jill loves being first lady (and to be charitable, telling  your husband his brain is dying is hard and sad). His staff don't want him to drop because *they're* the real president right now. Same thing happened with Feinstein's staff. Playing Weekend at Bernie's with their boss.

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

The reality is that neither of these guys are going to be doing much of the nitty-gritty work we associate with being president. Biden is too far gone and taking naps. Trump is watching TV and golfing. You're voting for the people they bring with them.

This is what I hope more and more people will look at as we get closer to November, because you are absolutely right the vote is going more to the cabinet and other advisors than the individual.  Trump admin is going to be full of people who don’t dare give him advice that doesn’t square with his thinking, and the first Biden admin was appointed more on inclusion than talent for the position, neither good game plans for filling the most important positions in the country.  I almost feel like these appointments should be proposed pre election just like the VP…they are that important. 

• Bob 1

34 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I think a major reason Biden is still in it is because none of the people around him have any reason to be honest with him. Jill loves being first lady (and to be charitable, telling  your husband his brain is dying is hard and sad). His staff don't want him to drop because *they're* the real president right now. Same thing happened with Feinstein's staff. Playing Weekend at Bernie's with their boss.

Hard and sad?  Who gives a shit?  It’s cruel and stupid to put him through the embarrassment 

3 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

It’s funny how people that don’t vote sure have all kinds of advice for those that do 

Who said I don’t vote? Or are you equating “not voting for Trump or Biden” with “does not vote at all”? (Another example of your obsession with ‘owning’ me) 

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Judgmental non-committal. 

My two biggest fans.  Do you two get together and game plan before you jump in?  Which one serves the pizza? 

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

Facts are not an obsession. Being a Whiney little biatch is what it is. Don’t worry. You’re good at it. 

Here’s some more of that advice: when the two of you get together for your next pre-game planning session, make a point to come up with some new material when you get sat back down and there’s nothing left for you to go to….whats old is old.  It used to be about a days worth of your blubber mouth before you got boring, not it’s just a couple of sentences…

Until your next bad decision…✌️

1 hour ago, red viking said:

NEWS FLASH: Job shutdown occurred under Fat Donny; not Biden. 

It's like your bragging about being too dumb to understand the premise...

• Haha 1
  • Poopy 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

10 hours ago, RockLobster said:

Yes, I do.

(Thanks for the legitimate question - it was the 1st one, and hopefully our discussion will continue to improve.)

taking credit for the jobs which were created as the result of opening an economy which you were fighting to keep closed as long as possible is idiotic. By your logic you'd have to give trump credit if he closed the economy completely for no reason and opened it again.

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Here’s some more of that advice: when the two of you get together for your next pre-game planning session, make a point to come up with some new material when you get sat back down and there’s nothing left for you to go to….whats old is old.  It used to be about a days worth of your blubber mouth before you got boring, not it’s just a couple of sentences…

Until your next bad decision…✌️

I’m sure if you cry to the mods they’ll help you. Oh wait. Bahahahahahahhahaha  now get back on your fence and sit there like the good “little boy” you claim to be  

Edited by JimmyBT

16 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

That’s interesting…… I didn’t worry about being inaccurate because I assumed everyone knew what was accurate.  Thats a new, intriguing technique, maybe now is a good time to tell us about what it means to be a good poster. 

Don't miss the part where I said "That was my mistake"

It wasn't a technique, it was a mistake. We all make them from time to time. This time, I made it.

If you want me to say more, then - yes - owning your mistakes is important if you are interested in being a good poster.

16 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL...wow...you do realize I was not the one discussing the county being locked down forever, right?!?!  Or is it just your schtick of knowing, once again, you are wrong and when called out on it you deflect by arguing someone else's point with me?  Admit you were wrong and move on...you continually embarrass yourself.

Yes - YOU were the one discussing that exact post. Why are you trying to hide it?

I'll include it here for your reference.

On 7/8/2024 at 7:57 AM, Bigbrog said:

Here is a prime example of what everyone is talking about...including Husker...hammer didn't insult you in his post...he was stating what he believes (which is all true) and you do nothing but insult him.  So quite with the multiple personality posting claiming you don't do what you do all the time...aka., see above.

Scroll back up and confirm if you need to. You were 100% discussing it.

Which is why I responded to your comments.

If there's a "schtick" here - it's your choice to not be truthful. Maybe on purpose, maybe you just forgot.

I know you can be a better poster. Best to ditch the schtick.

• Clown 1

15 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Opening jobs back up that he shut down isn’t adding jobs.  🤦‍♂️ 

Technically speaking, you're wrong. Opening jobs back up are exactly as it sounds - more jobs.

Debating who shall take the blame for the lost jobs to begin with is an entirely different matter.

The first can be counted, the second can be debated for decades.

I'm sure you understand that, right?

15 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

NEWS FLASH: Trump left it up the states and their governors.  

Not trying to make a big deal of this - but this what is called "punting" in politics.

Not taking action, not taking leadership, avoiding anything that could hurt you politically and instead passing it on to someone else (aka "Passing the buck.")

President Harry S. Truman is well known for his famous "the buck stops here" sign on his desk in the Oval Office. He wasn't one to hide from leadership or responsibility. As President he was respected by the people, and quite well respected even after his tenure.

On January 10, 2019, 19 days into a federal government shutdown, a reporter asked President Donald Trump if "the buck stops with you over this shutdown." Trump responded with "The buck stops with everybody."

In 2021, U.S. President Joe Biden said in his statement regarding his affirmation of the Afghanistan withdrawal, "The buck stops with me."

Again, not trying to make a big deal of it - but history is chock full of useful information.

14 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

taking credit for the jobs which were created as the result of opening an economy which you were fighting to keep closed as long as possible is idiotic. By your logic you'd have to give trump credit if he closed the economy completely for no reason and opened it again.

Let's review this more closely with a more seasoned perspective:

• Yes - jobs which were created by Biden, yes it's true. And he should get that very credit.
  • Yes - it was a result of opening the economy. Which, again, Biden did exactly that.
  • You claim "you were fighting to keep closed as long as possible"...
    • I don't know who you are referring to as "you" - but no, don't look at me. 
    • I agree the fight against Covid was at odds with economic growth,
      but that's pandemics for you. They are evil sons of bitches.
    • It was not about "as long as possible" - it was "as long as it improves the situation"

That last part about:

• By your logic you'd have to give trump credit if he closed the economy completely for no reason and opened it again.
    • No - that is completely illogical. That comment is 100% logically incoherent.
    • That being said, it may make sense to you. Which is just fine by me. You be you.

15 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Some reality here and some silliness:

• The 1st reality is that Presidents don't do any "nitty-gritty" and haven't in quite a long time. Yep.
  • The 2nd reality is that what you think "we associate with being president" is going to vary wildly.
    • Based on personal experience, I believe most people know that they are only distantly involved with nitty-gritty.
    • Based on what I see from both main stream and social media, it appears many don't know or understand that.
  • "You're voting for the people they bring with them"... meh, not necessarily true, but not necessarily false. We should all be extremely careful to not oversimplify this one. It's truly complicated. Don't jump to conclusions here.

The rest of your post is silliness.

5 hours ago, RockLobster said:

Technically speaking, you're wrong. Opening jobs back up are exactly as it sounds - more jobs.

Debating who shall take the blame for the lost jobs to begin with is an entirely different matter.

The first can be counted, the second can be debated for decades.

I'm sure you understand that, right?

I understand that Biden says he “created” more jobs than any one term President. He didn’t create them. They were already there and opened back up. I’m sure you can understand that right??????

• Bob 2

5 hours ago, RockLobster said:

Not trying to make a big deal of this - but this what is called "punting" in politics.

Not taking action, not taking leadership, avoiding anything that could hurt you politically and instead passing it on to someone else (aka "Passing the buck.")

President Harry S. Truman is well known for his famous "the buck stops here" sign on his desk in the Oval Office. He wasn't one to hide from leadership or responsibility. As President he was respected by the people, and quite well respected even after his tenure.

On January 10, 2019, 19 days into a federal government shutdown, a reporter asked President Donald Trump if "the buck stops with you over this shutdown." Trump responded with "The buck stops with everybody."

In 2021, U.S. President Joe Biden said in his statement regarding his affirmation of the Afghanistan withdrawal, "The buck stops with me."

Again, not trying to make a big deal of it - but history is chock full of useful information.

It’s the reason why we have states.  They don’t all have the same values or beliefs and are different.  The states that didn’t lock down were smart and right. Yep, history is chock full of useful information. 

• Bob 1