Do NOT Oppose Israel's Agenda Or THIS Will Happen

That might send a message.   The squad specifically and progressives more generally are congenitally incapable of reading the tea leaves.   They will keep on going until extinction hopefully, politically speaking.   This movement needs to end.  It has wreaked ruin on our cities. 

mspart

35 minutes ago, mspart said:

That might send a message.   The squad specifically and progressives more generally are congenitally incapable of reading the tea leaves.   They will keep on going until extinction hopefully, politically speaking.   This movement needs to end.  It has wreaked ruin on our cities. 

mspart

Let me guess, you don’t actually live in “our” cities. If you actually did, you’d know they’re as safe now as they’ve ever been. 

Just a bunch of scared, old suburbanites telling ghost stories because they watch too much cable news. 

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Let me guess, you don’t actually live in “our” cities. If you actually did, you’d know they’re as safe now as they’ve ever been. 

Just a bunch of scared, old suburbanites telling ghost stories because they watch too much cable news. 

Now do homelessness 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

As safe as they’ve ever been is a flat out lie.  

• Fire 1

I am of the opinion that money from outside a jurisdiction should not be able to be used for an election within that jurisdiction.

Whether we are talking about local dog catcher or president.  The money for an election should come only from within that jurisdiction.

I don't know how to square this idea with the first amendment but if the supreme court can figure out how no American has standing when White House tells Twitter what can and can't be posted there then I am sure some supreme court (in)justice can figure out how to make the first amendment work in our favor to keep the foreign influencing PACs and Soros PACs out of our elections.

• Bob 1

16 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/seattle/seattle-record-number-of-homicides/281-94c48238-7841-4346-a223-25bd649d38ea.3

Seattle

Seattle records most homicides in at least 44 years in 2023

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/verify/portland-homicides-seattle-san-francisco-2024/283-1dc032c9-a970-4ce8-bced-60a3a5c37f9b

Yes, Portland's homicide count exceeds Seattle and San Francisco combined for the first three months of 2024

Yep, I am some kind of scared old suburbanite.   But being scared, I see what is happening.   And I can discern that the situation is worse than it was years ago. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/544442/americans-crime-problem-serious.aspx

More Americans See U.S. Crime Problem as Serious

More than three-quarters of Americans, 77%, believe there is more crime in the U.S. than a year ago, and a majority, 55%, say the same about crime in their local area.

Yep, I am some kind of scared old suburbanite.   But being scared, I see what is happening.   And so do all the other scared suburbanites and urbanites in the above poll.   There seems to be a conclusion among most Americans that the situation is worse than it was years ago.  Sorry for your loss UB, but there is a reason why so many feel so unsafe.   And that is because crime is only decreasing in comparison to highs in 2020-2022.   But people felt much safer before that time period.   I'll leave it to you to deduce the causes of that. 

mspart

• Bob 1

On 6/26/2024 at 9:59 AM, red viking said:

Jamaal Bowman from NY became well known for his opposition of U.S. support for Israel, particularly after their brutal and inhumane treatment of Palestinians since last fall. Last night he got destroyed in the Democratic primary by George Latimer. AIPAC, one of the most powerful lobby groups in the U.S., spent huge amounts of money. Total amount spent by AIPAC is unknown because they funnel a lot through dark money groups but total spent on this election was > $14M. This is more than has EVER been spent on a House race in the history of the U.S. 

Lesson learned is that if you oppose AIPAC's agenda, they WILL do everything in their power to take you down, and take you down hard. Their sole purpose is to funnel U.S. taxpayer money toward a particular foreign country and ethnic group, and away from purposes that would benefit U.S. citizens. 

Bowman was clearly in trouble months and months ago, same with Cori Bush. Ilhan Omar squeaked by her primary opponent in 2022 and he had basically no institutional support. She is in a battle right now against the same guy.

You seem unopen to the possibility that voters in these districts want real solutions when it comes to improving their lives, and the squad members are focused on culture war nonesense. As an example, Omar got real pushback from her constituents around defunding the police. She had to backtrack because it became a liability to her. Voters in districts like hers are sick of that nonesense.

You can criticize the outsized influence of PAC money, which I would agree on. AIPAC plays by the rules of the same dirty game every other PAC does, they are just effective.

To single out AIPAC as the boogey man, and say you are not aloud to criticize Israel or else smells of Jewish conspiracy to control. Pathetic.

1 hour ago, BuckyBadger said:

Bowman was clearly in trouble months and months ago, same with Cori Bush. Ilhan Omar squeaked by her primary opponent in 2022 and he had basically no institutional support. She is in a battle right now against the same guy.

You seem unopen to the possibility that voters in these districts want real solutions when it comes to improving their lives, and the squad members are focused on culture war nonesense. As an example, Omar got real pushback from her constituents around defunding the police. She had to backtrack because it became a liability to her. Voters in districts like hers are sick of that nonesense.

You can criticize the outsized influence of PAC money, which I would agree on. AIPAC plays by the rules of the same dirty game every other PAC does, they are just effective.

To single out AIPAC as the boogey man, and say you are not aloud to criticize Israel or else smells of Jewish conspiracy to control. Pathetic.

This is such a straw man. Nobody is singling out AIPAC as a boogeyman. It's one bad lobby among many bad lobbies. The only difference is that AIPAC and its defenders use cynical accusations of anti-semitism to deflect from the reality of what it is - an organization that's spent billions lobbying on behalf of a foreign nation.

And I don't know if you noticed, but our support for Israel is a huge political issue right now. So don't play dumb when their lobbying mechanism gets a lot of attention.

Very simple question: Would you feel the same way about an identical lobby PAC spending billions on behalf of the Chinese government? Or even the French or Germans?

Why do you think it's normal to allow a foreign country to have such a profound influence on our elections?

This is such a straw man. Nobody is singling out AIPAC as a boogeyman.”

Complete nonesense. Did you not read the title of this thread?

Contrary to your claim, AIPAC represents American voters who are pro-Israel. They are not an agent of the Israeli government.

Pro-Israel Americans have a right to stump for their cause without accusations of dual loyalty, nefarious Jewish control etc.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, BuckyBadger said:

Contrary to your claim, AIPAC represents American voters who are pro-Israel. They are not an agent of the Israeli government.

Pro-Israel Americans have a right to stump for their cause without accusations of dual loyalty, nefarious Jewish control etc.

I was about to post

the original poster singled out AIPAC

• Fire 1

On 6/27/2024 at 3:11 PM, BuckyBadger said:

"They are not an agent of the Israeli government."

Incredibly misleading. AIPAC works in close coordination with the Israeli government. That's not a conspiracy or secret. It's a fact. Check out the history here: https://www.wrmea.org/north-america/aipac-election-role-raises-question-of-foreign-agent-registration.html

"A strong advocate for registration is M.J. Rosenberg, who worked at AIPAC from 1974 to 1976 and from 1982 to 1986 and worked on Capitol Hill for 15 years. In an article published in The Forward in 2018, Rosenberg wrote: “It’s time for AIPAC to register as a foreign agent...it is a registered lobby on Capitol Hill and it’s AIPAC whose clout on matters relating to Israel exceeds the clout of the NRA on matters related to guns.” 

Rosenberg points out that AIPAC, which is heavily involved in the U.S. political system, funds candidates who are perceived to be pro-Israel and defunds incumbents who do not subscribe to Israel’s agenda. AIPAC gets away with it, Rosenberg says, “because its  founder, I. L. Kenen, came up with a legal loophole by which AIPAC is defined not as a lobby for a foreign state but [as] Americans who support that state…I worked at AIPAC directly for Kenen back in the 1970s…he told me that he came up with the AIPAC formula…so that AIPAC would be legally permitted to engage in politics and not have to reveal its activities.”

"Pro-Israel Americans have a right to stump for their cause without accusations of dual loyalty, nefarious Jewish control etc."

Would you be okay with an identical organization on behalf of Chinese-Americans?

• Clown 1

18 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

"They are not an agent of the Israeli government."

Incredibly misleading. AIPAC works in close coordination with the Israeli government. That's not a conspiracy or secret. It's a fact. Check out the history here: https://www.wrmea.org/north-america/aipac-election-role-raises-question-of-foreign-agent-registration.html

"A strong advocate for registration is M.J. Rosenberg, who worked at AIPAC from 1974 to 1976 and from 1982 to 1986 and worked on Capitol Hill for 15 years. In an article published in The Forward in 2018, Rosenberg wrote: “It’s time for AIPAC to register as a foreign agent...it is a registered lobby on Capitol Hill and it’s AIPAC whose clout on matters relating to Israel exceeds the clout of the NRA on matters related to guns.” 

Rosenberg points out that AIPAC, which is heavily involved in the U.S. political system, funds candidates who are perceived to be pro-Israel and defunds incumbents who do not subscribe to Israel’s agenda. AIPAC gets away with it, Rosenberg says, “because its  founder, I. L. Kenen, came up with a legal loophole by which AIPAC is defined not as a lobby for a foreign state but [as] Americans who support that state…I worked at AIPAC directly for Kenen back in the 1970s…he told me that he came up with the AIPAC formula…so that AIPAC would be legally permitted to engage in politics and not have to reveal its activities.”

"Pro-Israel Americans have a right to stump for their cause without accusations of dual loyalty, nefarious Jewish control etc."

Would you be okay with an identical organization on behalf of Chinese-Americans?

So not an agent. like he said. Got it. 

• Bob 1

image.png.ac174fc561869f0751bb925241482e55.png

Very profound and very true in any context.  Facts are not racist.  Facts are not sexist.  Facts are not transphobic.

So why is it that any fact that does not make a black person appear godlike, or any fact that does not make all women appear flawless, or the fact that a man is not a woman cause the person who states it to face certain social ostracism and the very strong possibility of loss of ability to make a living up to and including total loss of freedom in some jurisdictions? 

Even in the case of Jewish people:  Stating Jews in America have much more influence than the raw numbers of their population percentage would predict - a measurable fact - has caused more than one public figure to lose his job.  However, it seems that stating Jews have won many more Nobel Prizes than the raw numbers of their population percentage would predict never results in a job loss.  

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1

On 6/26/2024 at 9:35 PM, JimmyBT said:

As safe as they’ve ever been is a flat out lie.  

Yes. 

Safer than ever in any of our lifetimes is the truth. 

I'm not going to post the data.

You won't believe it anyway. 

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

Any of our lifetimes????  You sure about that?

Maybe not. 

Since 1972 or so. 

I was born in 1975 so certainly during mine, and I'm almost to the point where arguing with people with shit for brains is too much. 

I guess I figured everyone else was acting their age....

🤣🤣🤣

Just now, three_arrows said:

Maybe not. 

Since 1972 or so. 

I was born in 1975 so certainly during mine, and I'm almost to the point where arguing with people with shit for brains is too much. 

I guess I figured everyone else was acting their age....

🤣🤣🤣

Enjoy your crow sandwich. And I’m not much older than you skip. 👅👅👅👅👅

Just now, JimmyBT said:

Enjoy your crow sandwich. And I’m not much older than you skip. 👅👅👅👅👅

Funny thing 

Someone with shit for brains pretty much claims the movie The Purge is a documentary about the town they live in. 

I tell them they are ****** in the head. 

They think I'm wrong, somehow.