Who is the next Hall of Famer?

On 6/5/2024 at 2:56 PM, Truzzcat said:

If jake paul is gatekeeping ben from the hall of fame that will be a very sad day.

Turns out he is not, or should not be. I found two examples of people inducted less that five years after a comeback of sorts.

Henry Cejudo wrestled Tony Ramos in 2015 and was inducted in 2018. Andre Metzger attempted to make the World team in 2014 (at 54 years old?) and was inducted in 2017.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Turns out he is not, or should not be. I found two examples of people inducted less that five years after a comeback of sorts.

Henry Cejudo wrestled Tony Ramos in 2015 and was inducted in 2018. Andre Metzger attempted to make the World team in 2014 (at 54 years old?) and was inducted in 2017.

One-off entries/events are what they are. Metzger was much more active in 2012 in the run-up to the 2012 Trials than he was his one day wrestling at the Open in 2014. 

• Brain 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

31 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

One-off entries/events are what they are. Metzger was much more active in 2012 in the run-up to the 2012 Trials than he was his one day wrestling at the Open in 2014. 

How involved are you with the HOF? Do you vote on nominees? Do you help select nominees?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 7/1/2024 at 6:54 PM, headshuck said:

Jayson was one of the last great pinners though. He’d go the pin like a dog on a bone.

jayson ness and ian miller are two of the most entertaining kids to watch in the last decade. 

13 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

jayson ness and ian miller are two of the most entertaining kids to watch in the last decade. 

Ness' last NCAA season was 2010.  In the last ten years, I don't recall his international career full of entertaining highlights, but I could be wrong.  I think injury derailed his Olympic hopes.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

3 hours ago, jchapman said:

Ness' last NCAA season was 2010.  In the last ten years, I don't recall his international career full of entertaining highlights, but I could be wrong.  I think injury derailed his Olympic hopes.

Looks like his last competition may have been 2019 in Cuba.  Would be past 5 years now.  Still probably a little behind some of the other names mentioned in both international and NCAA success.  Definitely Askren and Herbert.

JaysonNess.png

• Bob 1

6 hours ago, jchapman said:

3 hours ago, fishbane said:

Looks like his last competition may have been 2019 in Cuba.  Would be past 5 years now.  Still probably a little behind some of the other names mentioned in both international and NCAA success.  Definitely Askren and Herbert.

JaysonNess.png

the last (only?) freestyle match I can remember watching for Ness was at the 2016 Olympic trials when he was up on Pico 9-0 and lost 10-9. crazy match.