Donald Trump found guilty of all 34 counts in his first criminal trial

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Ok the checks appear to match up with one or two vouchers or invoices.  Can anyone take one specific counts combination of check and invoice/voucher and explain what was false or falsified?  Thanks in advance.  

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Accounting errors?  Those can be a misdemeanor, with a two year statute of limitations.  Our resident lawyer doesn’t even understand the novel law that he was convicted of.  Can’t name it and can’t explain it.  

It’s astonishing to see the actions of the people who can’t see the Republic coming to an end.  

• Bob 1

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Someone that comes to an anonymous wrestling non topics message board to ask that question is not seeking that information, they are here to cry. They know full well that information is readily available, and exactly where to go. 

Human behavior is a fascinating thing.  

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Someone that comes to an anonymous wrestling non topics message board to ask that question is not seeking that information, they are here to cry. They know full well that information is readily available, and exactly where to go. 

No zippy, I’m trying to make people think.  If you can’t say what he was convicted of, what does that tell you?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Accounting errors?  Those can be a misdemeanor, with a two year statute of limitations.  Our resident lawyer doesn’t even understand the novel law that he was convicted of.  Can’t name it and can’t explain it.  

It’s astonishing to see the actions of the people who can’t see the Republic coming to an end.  

There are many crimes that can be either misdemeanors or felonies depending on prosecutorial charging decisions.  I know exactly what charges he faced, what are you talking about?

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

There are many crimes that can be either misdemeanors or felonies depending on prosecutorial charging decisions.  I know exactly what charges he faced, what are you talking about?

Then why can’t you say what he was convicted of?

16 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

So is your concern with sphincters and Vaseline 

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

Then why can’t you say what he was convicted of?

....I did.  I told you exactly what he was convicted of.  34 counts of first degree falsification of business records.  He was convicted of falsifying business records to conceal multiple other crimes, namely falsifying other business records, breaking the Federal Election Campaign Act or submitting false information on a tax return.

12 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

....I did.  I told you exactly what he was convicted of.  34 counts of first degree falsification of business records.  He was convicted of falsifying business records to conceal multiple other crimes, namely falsifying other business records, breaking the Federal Election Campaign Act or submitting false information on a tax return.

But can any provide info or link to specific count of how falsified? 

• Ionel 1

17 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The IRS and FEC looked at it and found nothing actionable, though they did fine the Clinton campaign over $100k.  So you’re left with the circle Jonathon Turley described - falsifying records to conceal falsifying records.  What records?  What does it matter?  Why can’t you explain what crime he committed?

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The IRS and FEC looked at it and found nothing actionable, though they did fine the Clinton campaign over $100k.  So you’re left with the circle Jonathon Turley described - falsifying records to conceal falsifying records.  What records?  What does it matter?  Why can’t you explain what crime he committed?

I think I found it:

Orange man bad

Check falsified

Orange man bad

Voucher falsified

Orange man bad

Check falsified

Orange man bad

Invoice falsified

TDS

Orange man bad

Check falsified

Orange man bad

Voucher falsified

• Bob 3

He wrote off hush money as a campaign expense. That’s not legal.

I’m not sure how you don’t know this by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

He wrote off hush money as a campaign expense. That’s not legal.

I’m not sure how you don’t know this by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he didn’t.  The FEC looked into it and didn’t find any problem. 

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

I think I found it:

Orange man bad

Check falsified

Orange man bad

Voucher falsified

Orange man bad

Check falsified

Orange man bad

Invoice falsified

TDS

Orange man bad

Check falsified

Orange man bad

Voucher falsified

That looks like the one I found.  After all this, I did learn that New York is even worse and more backward than I realized. 

15 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Is that what you're hung up on?  That he wasn't charged elsewhere? That's not a requirement of the statute.  Each agency is independent and make their own charging decisions.  This happens every day to defendants throughout the country.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Is that what you're hung up on?  That he wasn't charged elsewhere? That's not a requirement of the statute.  Each agency is independent and make their own charging decisions.  This happens every day to defendants throughout the country.

That they looked into it and said nothing was wrong.  That they, and the DoG have jurisdiction, and Bragg doesn’t.  And the judge held these facts from the jury.  He allowed false testimony and gave improper instructions.  Like Trump said, Mother Theresa would have been convicted in that court.  

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

That they looked into it and said nothing was wrong.  That they, and the DoG have jurisdiction, and Bragg doesn’t.  And the judge held these facts from the jury.  He allowed false testimony and gave improper instructions.  Like Trump said, Mother Theresa would have been convicted in that court.  

I'm sorry this hurts your feelings. Feel free to support substantial.criminal justice reform, I'll stand with you. As it is, this exact type of thing happens to your fellow citizens all the time and has been deemed legal. I just had a judge sentence a guy to 6 years in prison for a violation of probation where the violation was a new misdemeanor charge...where the State dropped the new charge that triggered the violation.

26 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

yeah if she committed those crimes, she likely would have been convicted. 

off topic, but mother theresa sucks