Collegiate Duals: First Place

Wrestleknownothing

1 minute ago, Gus said:

The underhook is his set up to score. He is not scoring from just going out and throwing an underhook lol. Underhooks set up hrow big singles, inside steps, push-push-pull snaps, etc. 

You're not telling me anything new here.  In fact,  my nephew used it pretty effectively when he was rasslin at SDSU. 😉

I had just never heard of anyone mentioning an underhook as some sort of signature move., which is the impression that his writing left me with. 

Got it now? Good...

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

does this guy even watch wrestling?!

Done it a couple of times. 

Now,  please tell me how Hidley scored six with the underhook alone and I'll be wowed.

Got it now?  Good...

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Boy,  the stupidity of the villagers never dies on rasslin forums,  eh, folks?

Insert favorite dumb guy voice now...

..."Idiot doesn't know what an underhook is!"

... "idiot doesn't know what it's used for!"

-"idiot's never seen anyone score six pernts by underhooking a guy to his back!"

Read,  folks,  read. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

2 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Done it a couple of times. 

Now,  please tell me how Hidley scored six with the underhook alone and I'll be wowed.

Got it now?  Good...

could say that about literally every wrestling move.

how can a low single john smith's signature move when he has to switch off to a double? how can a half nelson be gene mills' signature move when he has to combine it with a spiral ride or far wrist?

just stupid

could say that about literally every wrestling move.

how can a low single john smith's signature move when he has to switch off to a double? how can a half nelson be gene mills' signature move when he has to combine it with a spiral ride or far wrist?

just stupid

You can take people down with those moves though. 

How often do you see it with an underhook alone?

Read!

Got that quote yet? Of course you don't...

Edited by Ban Basketball

you cannot take people down by just grabbing a leg. you have to transition to another move to score.

Good,  God, you actually took the time to post that? For what? I don't care. 

However,  I'd like that quote that you quoted me on.

you made a really stupid comment. nobody else has any problem understand how Hidlay's underhook - the position where nearly 100% of his offense comes from - is his signature move. you know who understands more than anybody? parker keckeisen. he has to shut it down.

READ!

Quote?

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

"What's so noted about his underhook, or anyone's for that matter?"

I took it as his sole means of winning matches.  That's all; just never hear reference to "awesome underhooks" every day.

You apparently do,  which means you know more than me,  and I couldn't care any less that you do.

I'll give you this: you waste more time on NOTHING than most I know,  my friend!

Edited by Ban Basketball

53 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Maybe,  but maybe,  JUST MAYBE,  I liked to rassle from the outside and didn't like ties.

Never heard of that,  eh?

You keep doing these “eh” and “boy” . You really need to put yourself around different people.

And the reason I say maybe your underhook sucked wasn’t just because you might’ve been a dancer. But also because your understanding of the position is.. limited 

Just now, Formally140 said:

You keep doing these “eh” and “boy” . You really need to put yourself around different people.

And the reason I say maybe your underhook sucked wasn’t just because you might’ve been a dancer. But also because your understanding of the position is.. limited 

Gotcha.  You're smart,  I'm an idiot when it comes to rasslin.

Good for you,  my boy,  it'll take you as far as you need to go in life being able to say in a job interview ( insert favorite dumb guy voice now)," well,  I know what an underhook is and a guy from Ioway doesn't."

YEAH!

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

Gotcha.  You're smart,  I'm an idiot when it comes to rasslin.

Good for you,  my boy,  it'll take you as far as you need to go in life being able to say in a job interview ( insert favorite dumb guy voice now)," well,  I know what an underhook is and a guy from Ioway doesn't."

YEAH!

Now you’re trying to make it like I’m being a snob, and tried to make an implied blue collar vs elite” thing”. when I simply pointed out the obvious. Being from Iowa has nothing to do with it. Especially considering what a hotbed of wrestling Iowa is..

Again, the calling grown men boy thing really says more about the people around you that allow the behavior and dont call you out on it.. than it does about you at this point

Just now, Formally140 said:

Now you’re trying to make it like I’m being a snob, and tried to make an implied blue collar vs elite” thing”. when I simply pointed out the obvious. Being from Iowa has nothing to do with it. Especially considering what a hotbed of wrestling Iowa is..

Again, the calling grown men boy thing really says more about the people around you that allow the behavior and dont call you out on it.. than it does about you at this point

Awesome! You're brilliant,  I'm an idiot. 

I DON'T F'ING CARE, GOT IT?

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

Awesome! You're brilliant,  I'm an idiot. 

I DON'T F'ING CARE, GOT IT?

You are the one using all caps and calling me boy and the one who tried to make it a “blue collar Iowa guy vs the snobby elite”. Now you’re acting like you don’t care because I called you out on it.

I never called you an idiot. 

10 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

You are the one using all caps and calling me boy and the one who tried to make it a “blue collar Iowa guy vs the snobby elite”. Now you’re acting like you don’t care because I called you out on it.

I never called you an idiot. 

Awesome! You're a BRILLIANT rasslin mind.  Me? Not so much. 

Giddy on,  please. 

Life on this board would be a lot better for everyone if the trolls were just completely ignored. I know it's hard, I struggle with it as well.

The obtuse individual in this thread has no interest in contributing to any meaningful discussion. They get off on getting under people's skin. It's rather sad. They should be pitied, left alone, and allowed to pass on peacefully.

Just now, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Life on this board would be a lot better for everyone if the trolls were just completely ignored. I know it's hard, I struggle with it as well.

The obtuse individual in this thread has no interest in contributing to any meaningful discussion. They get off on getting under people's skin. It's rather sad. They should be pitied, left alone, and allowed to pass on peacefully.

That’s why I’m calmly just asking him what’s he’s doing it. It frustrates them 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

I never said nor implied that. Why are you attempting to play a victim? 

Well,  you did say that my underhook probably sucked,  and that I was a "dancer." I boxed more than I rassled, so got used to being outside,  due to my long arms,  than inside. 

But, yes, I'm a fool,  you're brilliant. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I'm trying to get it to stop, sir, so pernt yis fingers elsewhere. 

I also wasn't the initial one calling anyone the fool.

I'll advise that you read too.

Edited by Ban Basketball

21 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I'm trying to get it to stop, sir, so pernt yis fingers elsewhere. 

I also wasn't the initial one calling anyone the fool.

I'll advise that you read too.

No one called you a fool. Neither did anyone call you a dancer. Yeah, someone did say your underhooks may have sucked but that was after you admitted you never used an underhook in your life so how is that an insult? It's simply a deduction based on your own statement.

You were, on the other hand, the first to resort to name calling, using "boy" in an obviously demeaning way. On that note, are you aware of the historical and cultural backdrop to that term and why it may, ah, not be kosher to throw around so lightly these days?

Edit: ah, I have been mistaken. Somebody did call you a dancer. But there shouldn't be any shame in that. Dancing is fun!

Edited by Mr. PeanutButter
  • Fire 1