Fortunately for me, South Florida has some beautiful kayak waterways. What are your favorite entanglements with nature? 

And what happened to the ability to add pictures? Every picture is too large file size all the sudden….

• Bob 1

I kayaked to Secret Falls on Kauai.   The  trip was upstream of the Waimea river but with the wind it was easy paddling.   The way back was a little tougher.    We parked the kayaks and hiked the rest of the way to secret falls.   Nice falls and swimming was good.   I had another kayak trip on oahu from Kailua to a little island off shore.   It didn't look very far away.   It was brutal getting out there.   Must have been high tide coming in.   The paddle back was a lot easier.   I was happy for that trip to be over.  

I've done some canoeing.   Lake Ross in the north Cascades is awesome.   Water is warm and there are limitless places to go.  

mspart

• Bob 1

I missed canoeing in the Boundary Waters in MN.   I lived there for 7 years and had an open invitation just about all 7 years.   All they had to say was that the mosquitoes were relentless to make me not want to go.   I guess fishing is excellent but that wasn't enough for me.   I hate mosquitos in my face more than slugs.   I would hate slugs in my face more than mosquitos if slugs could do that, such is my hate for slugs. 

mspart

• Bob 2

11 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Fortunately for me, South Florida has some beautiful kayak waterways. What are your favorite entanglements with nature? 

And what happened to the ability to add pictures? Every picture is too large file size all the sudden….

Upload to https://imgbb.com/ for free and then copy over the image url.

I have been white water rafting and my raft toppled over head over heals and I was caught beneath.    There is more to that story really.   On another trip I almost got thrown out (barely hung to the raft) and the photographer on the shore happened to catch that very moment.   I remember it quite well.   I love white water rafting.    Kayaking on a river I have never done.   Looks fun sort of.   When I was much younger I would have been in shape enough to attempt.   Not even close now.  

But being on a white water river is a lot of fun. 

mspart

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Paddled the Pine Island/Cayo Costa area on the 4th, direct spot Hurricane Ian came ashore. Crazy seeing vessels still buried in the mangroves almost two years later…

IMG_2169.thumb.jpeg.7775f4f5af45a373995f80961e522568.jpegIMG_2622.thumb.jpeg.76adb0f7ec4467ec8baea436908170c1.jpeg

Nice!  Looks like they fixed the posting picture issue on the forum? I was curious about that lol

Edited by Ohio Elite

55 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Paddled the Pine Island/Cayo Costa area on the 4th, direct spot Hurricane Ian came ashore. Crazy seeing vessels still buried in the mangroves almost two years later…IMG_2622.thumb.jpeg.76adb0f7ec4467ec8baea436908170c1.jpeg

Did you see this one?

tumblr_pnk3zlnAOm1swxsyto1_1280.jpg

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

We can only hope and strive to one day enjoy our lives as much as you. You provide quite the inspiration. 

Excuse me?????   Oh you’re welcome. 😉 

On 5/20/2024 at 10:47 AM, mspart said:

I missed canoeing in the Boundary Waters in MN.   I lived there for 7 years and had an open invitation just about all 7 years.   All they had to say was that the mosquitoes were relentless to make me not want to go.   I guess fishing is excellent but that wasn't enough for me.   I hate mosquitos in my face more than slugs.   I would hate slugs in my face more than mosquitos if slugs could do that, such is my hate for slugs. 

mspart

It’s amazing even with the skeeters.  I have no idea what a slug is but it sounds way worse. 

Posted (edited)

Obsessed boy cant help but jump in when he sees me having a conversation.

Besides Charmin isn’t as soft as its reputation. It’s all marketing. 

And again, if you just relax and take a couple breaths before replying. You won’t have to quote me multiple times to get all your emotions out.  Or maybe that’s just your thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by WrestlingRasta
Added advice