RBY GOFUNDME

...and now wrestles for Team Mexico.  He made his choice.  Let the Mexicans or the NLWC cough up the pesos for family to go to Paris.

Or, you know, Americans who want to help him
and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

...and now wrestles for Team Mexico.  He made his choice.  Let the Mexicans or the NLWC cough up the pesos for family to go to Paris.

Garbage take is a garbage take as well.

• Bob 3
  • Poopy 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Garbage take is a garbage take as well.

He left.  Just like the rest who left get shade ….  It’s hardly a garbage take.   It’s only not cool now that psu joined the Michigan defection train.  

• Bob 1
  • Poopy 1

14 minutes ago, Caveira said:

He left.  Just like the rest who left get shade ….  It’s hardly a garbage take.   It’s only not cool now that psu joined the Michigan defection train.  

Garbage take is a garbage take.

• Bob 2
  • Poopy 1

4 minutes ago, Lleynor said:

Not anymore. 

Bye Felicia

Was this supposed to be epic in some way?

Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Was this supposed to be epic in some way?

Asking for a friend.

No. It's a reality. 

I'm a PSU alum, and I hope Lee techs RBY in 15sec.

This isn't college, it's bigger. It's about the Red, White, and Blue; and those repping the flag. 

• Bob 1

31 minutes ago, Lleynor said:

No. It's a reality. 

This isn't college, it's bigger. It's about the Red, White, and Blue; and those repping the flag. 

Oh you're the speshul kind if stoopid who don't reed or right good.

Carry on.

• Brain 1
  • Poopy 2

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Honestly I had assumed he would cross-post to Twatter and he did not.  I didn't verify on Instergram.

I am old.  I don't Instergram.

Also, it is odd that nobody has posted the actual gofundme here yet.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-get-my-family-to-paris?qid=5c55c3ee08207e6654b79a6de36e6bea

I just donated because...eh, I found the posts in here obnoxious. 

• Fire 4

57 minutes ago, Lleynor said:

No. It's a reality. 

You do understand nobody is asking you to root for RBY over Lee, right?

Hell, nobody is asking you to do anything. You don't have to donate. That's kinda the driving force idea behind the word donation. Were it compulsory, it would not be a donation.

He's an American. He wanted to also be an Olympian. He knew he had a better chance to do so in Mexico. Why does that make people angry? And don't say it doesn't, it very clearly does. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Hell, nobody is asking you to do anything. You don't have to donate. That's kinda the driving force idea behind the word donation. Were it compulsory, it would not be a donation.

He's an American. He wanted to also be an Olympian. He knew he had a better chance to do so in Mexico. Why does that make people angry? And don't say it doesn't, it very clearly does. 

It doesn't make me angry, at all. But the reality is he's asking fellow Americans to pay for his family to come and support him as a Mexican competitor.

And yes, I know no one is asking me to pull for him. I was simply making my stance on how strongly I stand behind our 6, not other formers. 

• Bob 1
  • Clown 1

35 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Oh you're the speshul kind if stoopid who don't reed or right good.

Carry on.

That PSU degree got me into Med School a decade ago, so I did learn to read a little there. 😉

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lleynor said:

No. It's a reality. 

If your reasoning behind this is because RBY is using the loophole that allows him to compete because he has a grandparent from Mexico and wasn't going to make team USA, I definitely see the logic there.  If you have a general problem with a PSU athletes representing their country and refuse to support them because they aren't American, that is a huge issue. 

42 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

As you just said, it's because he is an American and using a loophole in the rules to compete.  Just like many Russians or Michiganders do.  It makes the Olympics a worse event, just like how the portal has made college athletics worse. 

Edited by billyhoyle

It doesn't make me angry, at all. But the reality is he's asking fellow Americans to pay for his family to come and support him as a Mexican competitor.

And yes, I know no one is asking me to pull for him. I was simply making my stance on how strongly I stand behind our 6, not other formers. 

Cool. I was unsure where you stood🙄

59 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

As you just said, it's because he is an American and using a loophole in the rules to compete.  Just like many Russians or Michiganders do.  It makes the Olympics a worse event, just like how the portal has made college athletics worse. 

Does it? I don't know that I agree, but sure, lets say it does.

It doesn't seem like it actually has to do with "making the Olympics worse," and more about something very different according to at least some. 

I'm not super interested in arguing about the rules or if they should be changed for this particular thread. The rules are the rules. I don't blame athletes for transferring and I certainly don't blame athletes for competing for another Country when the best couple of the best athletes in the world are in your Country and Weight.

• Fire 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

Does it? I don't know that I agree, but sure, lets say it does.

It doesn't seem like it actually has to do with "making the Olympics worse," and more about something very different according to at least some. 

I'm not super interested in arguing about the rules or if they should be changed for this particular thread. The rules are the rules. I don't blame athletes for transferring and I certainly don't blame athletes for competing for another Country when the best couple of the best athletes in the world are in your Country and Weight.

I don't want to speak for the motivations of others.  I agree, that if the only reason a PSU fan doesn't want to support him is that he is representing Mexico and not U.S., it is pretty despicable given what he did to help the program. A perfect example is Franklin Gomez-I hope all MSU and PSU fans (and NCAA wrestling fans in general) supported him to some extent. 

However, there is a legitimate reason to dislike the way the rule is constructed because it allows athletes to quickly switch nationalities with minimal connection to the country. In my view, the Olympics are meant to represent the best of each country in competition. If an athlete can't make the team for their actual country and then starts to look for an old familial connection to make another team, it takes away from the credibility of this being a competition between countries. 

Edited by billyhoyle

8 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

I don't want to speak for the motivations of others.  I agree, that if the only reason a PSU fan doesn't want to support him is that he is representing Mexico and not U.S., it is pretty despicable given what he did to help the program. A perfect example is Franklin Gomez-I hope all MSU and PSU fans (and NCAA wrestling fans in general) supported him to some extent. 

However, there is a legitimate reason to dislike the way the rule is constructed because it allows athletes to quickly switch nationalities with minimal connection to the country. In my view, the Olympics are meant to represent the best of each country in competition. If an athlete can't make the team for their actual country and then starts to look for an old familial connection to make another team, it takes away from the credibility of this being a competition between countries. 

Ok...but you're the only one who's brought up the loophole. That hasn't been anyone else's issue. 

That's a whole other discussion. This was about a GofundMe for RBY's parents and people taking offense because he was Wrestling for Mexico. Not because it compromised the integrity of the Olympics. 

It seems like it's pretty easy to go through the thread and see what's driving their...opinions.

8 hours ago, Lleynor said:

You clearly and obviously have no clue as to the origins of the dual nationality laws and their reasoning(s) as to why they were put in to effect.

I am sure you're Shawnee or Deleware, though, right?  Proper North American?

I assume not.  You're probably one of those Turdbiscuits that were yelling "CAREER IS OVER" to JB.

Furthermore, it is easy to see, search, and find that myself (along with many others such as Scourge) also root and advocate for our US representatives first - then the gents with US ties.

Were Lee and RBY to meet in Paris, I am rooting for Lee 10/10 times, regardless of how much of an ignoramus you care to be.  I will then root for RBY over everyone else (aside for maybe Cruz, who I will root for both equally).

The same for 86 KG.  I am rooting for Brooks over everyone, including Amine - despite both of us being alumni of the University of Michigan.  I might then root for Amine over Ramos, though - sue me.

Hell, after Dhesi and Smith at 125 KG, I will probably root for Abdelmottaleb over the other gents simply because Hemida has been attempting to wrestle for them for the last ~decade.

Quit being a bitter xenophobe.  This is a suggestion, not a requirement.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

You clearly and obviously have no clue as to the origins of the dual nationality laws and their reasoning(s) as to why they were put in to effect.

I am sure you're Shawnee or Deleware, though, right?  Proper North American?

I assume not.  You're probably one of those Turdbiscuits that were yelling "CAREER IS OVER" to JB.

Furthermore, it is easy to see, search, and find that myself (along with many others such as Scourge) also root and advocate for our US representatives first - then the gents with US ties.

Were Lee and RBY to meet in Paris, I am rooting for Lee 10/10 times, regardless of how much of an ignoramus you care to be.  I will then root for RBY over everyone else (aside for maybe Cruz, who I will root for both equally).

The same for 86 KG.  I am rooting for Brooks over everyone, including Amine - despite both of us being alumni of the University of Michigan.  I might then root for Amine over Ramos, though - sue me.

Hell, after Dhesi and Smith at 125 KG, I will probably root for Abdelmottaleb over the other gents simply because Hemida has been attempting to wrestle for them for the last ~decade.

Quit being a bitter xenophobe.  This is a suggestion, not a requirement.

Those people were trash saying that to JB. As I've said previously, there's a big difference between him wearing his Nebraska singlet and his USA singlet. 

At OTTs, I was only wanting to see good wrestling. I was excited for whoever came out on top; not just the NLWC that you assume I'd only root for. 

As for RBY, I hope he wins Silver! As long as Lee is Gold. This doesn't make me a Xenophobe. It makes me one who supports my country. He technically is from my country, but took advantage of the system. 

Why do you choose to use names simply because I disagree with you? Not rooting for someone doesn't equate to dislike or prejudice. 

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Lleynor said:

Those people were trash saying that to JB. As I've said previously, there's a big difference between him wearing his Nebraska singlet and his USA singlet. 

At OTTs, I was only wanting to see good wrestling. I was excited for whoever came out on top; not just the NLWC that you assume I'd only root for. 

As for RBY, I hope he wins Silver! As long as Lee is Gold. This doesn't make me a Xenophobe. It makes me one who supports my country. He technically is from my country, but took advantage of the system. 

Why do you choose to use names simply because I disagree with you? Not rooting for someone doesn't equate to dislike or prejudice. 

The entire tone of your responses was different up until this one.

If this is truly how you feel, then I am with you.  As I said in my responses, I would also root for RWB first. 

That said, deciding to withhold and, more importantly, advocating for people to not offer potential support to a person who is a dual citizen (in this case it means both Mexico and the United States) is shitty and petty - best case.  He is still a citizen of the United States as well as Mexico.

Your initial response to me was "Not anymore.  Bye Felicia" so the name calling started with you.

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The entire tone of your responses was different up until this one.

If this is truly how you feel, then I am with you.  As I said in my responses, I would also root for RWB first. 

That said, deciding to withhold and, more importantly, advocating for people to not offer potential support to a person who is a dual citizen (in this case it means both Mexico and the United States) is shitty and petty - best case.  He is still a citizen of the United States as well as Mexico.

Your initial response to me was "Not anymore.  Bye Felicia" so the name calling started with you.

Dang, this would have definitely been a better conversation in person, without assumptions. 

My "Felicia " was definitely in regard to him no longer repping the RWB, not him not being a citizen. My apologies. Should've clarified. 

I have no problem with others supporting him financially; I was just clarifying why I would not. 

Looking back, I see how my messages could have been interpreted incorrectly. That one is on me brother. Appreciate you pointing that out. 

• Bob 3

I don't care about the country stuff. But I have a general distaste for gofundmes. I don't know RBY's family's financial situation, but wasn't he bragging about a big NIL deal a few years ago? Is he out of money, or is this just a good opportunity to take advantage of people's generous nature?

• Bob 2

Dang, this would have definitely been a better conversation in person, without assumptions. 

My "Felicia " was definitely in regard to him no longer repping the RWB, not him not being a citizen. My apologies. Should've clarified. 

I have no problem with others supporting him financially; I was just clarifying why I would not. 

Looking back, I see how my messages could have been interpreted incorrectly. That one is on me brother. Appreciate you pointing that out. 

My apologies for my part in assumptions as well.

Proverbial hatchet burial?