Any Brooks news?

13 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I wonder if all the PSU fans jumping to his defense had the same thing to say about Daton Fix?

i feel like the PSU shills don't really know what to say. Still trying to repair their idea of the PSU wrestling room as 40 guys in a bouncy castle.

• Haha 3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

On FRL earlier, Pyles said the governing body overseeing the decision is WADA. Chael said that if WADA is overseeing it there is no way in hell he's wrestling. Not sure how well informed he actually is on the drug testing, but considering he took PEDs and had to navigate this landscape, he might not be bullshitting. Even so, it sounds like both Aaron and USA Wrestling are pretty confident he'll be good to go. 

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i feel like the PSU shills don't really know what to say. Still trying to repair their idea of the PSU wrestling room as 40 guys in a bouncy castle.

Ha, probably for another thread but in a way, Taylor and Gilman leaving (and maybe Dake soon) could be good for NLWC to seemingly clear the way for Lilledahl, Nolf and Brooks.

Where's the news? Starting to get worried over here. I am also a little surprised people aren't more concerned about this... If you read WADA's rules for TUEs, and how AB described the situation in Basch's interview, it sounds like he would be unlikely to win an appeal. They have very clear rules and he simply didn't follow them.... Claiming ignorance is not a good excuse. 

1 minute ago, pokemonster said:

Where's the news? Starting to get worried over here. I am also a little surprised people aren't more concerned about this... If you read WADA's rules for TUEs, and how AB described the situation in Basch's interview, it sounds like he would be unlikely to win an appeal. They have very clear rules and he simply didn't follow them.... Claiming ignorance is not a good excuse. 

according to brooks in the interview he was cleared before the trials, what makes you think he's in peril?

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

47 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Cleared for OTT, by US.  The same groups that Chael claim "swept Kurt Angle's hGH positive under the rug."

Heard that mentioned on FRL. Anyone have any info?

1 hour ago, pokemonster said:

Now now.  That insult is only allowable for gambling allegations.   If it’s psu fan colored sun glasses your way off base lol 

• Brain 1

I feel like essentially claiming he got this prescription because he was struggling to study overseas on a podcast was probably not the best decision either.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Cleared for OTT, by US.  The same groups that Chael claim "swept Kurt Angle's hGH positive under the rug."

Yes, this. Also, no way in hell Brooks or any other athlete would say "yeah, I'm in the middle of the appeal and I don't think it's looking good."

Plus I ventured into the rules section of the anti-doping policy and he's got a few things going against him based on the possible ways to get a retroactive TUE applied, which sounds like he needs because he said he showed up and simply informed them that he was on it (indicates he's aware its a banned substance - removes ignorance claim):

1. Emergency or urgent treatment exception - Vyvanse for school is not an emergency by any means.
  2. Insufficient time or exceptional circumstances preventing athlete from obtaining TUE - Brooks had been competing under UWW / USADA / WADA rules since at least his U17 days. Plenty of time and opportunity to get one. Don't start using the drug until you have one, dude. 
  3. Due to national agencies not requiring TUEs - I believe NCAA and USA wrestling require these. 
  4. Athlete is not considered an "international athlete" prior to testing - Brooks had been competing in U17s, U20s, U23 qualifying events for years, establishing him as an international athlete (I think), unless the break between U20s and U23s took him off the list. 
  5. Substance is only prohibited out in-competition - not the case for Vyvanse. 

I'd be interested to hear what people more in-the-know have to say. 

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

Now now.  That insult is only allowable for gambling allegations.   If it’s psu fan colored sun glasses your way off base lol 

Tilting at some wind mills here. Usually it is best to wait until a PSU fan actually makes the claim you want to pretend they have already made. No one has said ignorance is a defense.

And as a PSU fan I was pretty staunch in my position that the wrestling suspensions were as dumb and hypocritical as it gets.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 5/13/2024 at 3:28 PM, pokemonster said:

Even so, it sounds like both Aaron and USA Wrestling are pretty confident he'll be good to go. 

I didn't think USA Wrestling made any public comments on the topic except to say that they don't comment.  Aaron seemed confident in his Basch interview, but I'm not sure that means much.

On 5/13/2024 at 3:09 PM, 1032004 said:

I wonder if all the PSU fans jumping to his defense had the same thing to say about Daton Fix?

Don't recall PSU fans saying anything more or less on Daton Fix than any other fanbase.  Only thing I remember were jokes about Mr. Fix.  Last time I checked Aaron Brooks is wrestling for team USA

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

25 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Don't recall PSU fans saying anything more or less on Daton Fix than any other fanbase.  Only thing I remember were jokes about Mr. Fix.  Last time I checked Aaron Brooks is wrestling for team USA

I will cheer for everyone on team USA. But I would prefer it if there are no cheaters on the team. At this point I’m not convinced that Brooks is any less of a cheater than Fix was proven to be.

I doubt PSU fans said much different about Fix than fans of other teams besides OSU. But they sure seem quicker to jump to Brooks’s defense than fans of other teams.  I could probably pull some quotes if you wish.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

At this point I’m not convinced that Brooks is any less of a cheater than Fix was proven to be.

How is Brooks a cheater?  Other than a Mineo tweet what other evidence are you working with?

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes,  he was cleared by USADA for OTT.  The same group that busted Lance Armstrong.

13 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Yes,  he was cleared by USADA for OTT.  The same group that busted Lance Armstrong.

he got a temporary waiver to compete I don't know that I would consider that being cleared.

• Bob 1