World OG qualifier brackets are out...

2 minutes ago, Gantry said:

You have to stop the momentum of the attacker, to me it didn't look like Zain was able to do that. 

I am also aware I might be considerably biased.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, D3 for LU said:

Why 65Kg is soooooooooooooooooooo difficult? 🙄

(It's like the entire world wants to be there!)

D3

Its the weight where everyone has some elite athleticism, from big people countries to small people countries, everyone has a 65kg. 

Kudiev vs Ochir about to be hot FIRE 
then Sujeet vs Ochir, lol assuming Ochir wins out, Zain will definitely have to earn a shot at the Olympics

Just now, Spladle08 said:

Its the weight where everyone has some elite athleticism, from big people countries to small people countries, everyone has a 65kg. 

Kudiev vs Ochir about to be hot FIRE 
then Sujeet vs Ochir, lol assuming Ochir wins out, Zain will definitely have to earn a shot at the Olympics

Then whoever comes from the other side of the bracket....  sigh, sigh sigh...Ochir has a head scratcher every tournament, I wouldn't be surprised  if he ends up Bronze 

3 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Why 65Kg is soooooooooooooooooooo difficult? 🙄

(It's like the entire world wants to be there!)

D3

I said this a minute ago too...I think we struggle to provide the ultra-elite athleticism at this weight class to pull off both the brutal hand-fighting and the stuntman thrills necessary to win globally when all the best guys are there (and not up at 70 in non-olympic years).

2 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Shouldn't you be out protesting somewhere?

... just not here.

D3

• Bob 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Just now, lu_alum said:

Was that UWW’s make-up call for Chamizo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my thoughts, exactly, he's being given the benefit of the doubt this weekend

Seriously, who made this schedule? Afternoon round was supposed to start 5 minutes ago and the evening round in a little over an hour. This "morning" session won't be done for another hour and a half. I've never seen an international event day estimated so badly.

• Pirate 1

Seriously, who made this schedule? Afternoon round was supposed to start 5 minutes ago and the evening round in a little over an hour. This "morning" session won't be done for another hour and a half. I've never seen an international event day estimated so badly.

Agree. I mapped all the bouts across the three mats (posted on the other thread). Even by assuming only 7.5 minutes per bout, there was a 45-minute overlap between the morning session and the start of the Women’s 3/5 bouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Is he still training in the US? He has always been fun to watch since his first world title.  

I think he's still going around the world training everywhere, but I believe he is still here as his main-base. 
He still has all the talent to beat anyone, but his "Playing with fire" has gotten a bit ridiculous 

• Bob 1