Daton Fix

Does he stay in Stillwater for the next cycle?    He seems to bleed Okie St. Orange as much as anyone.  If DT cleans house and doesn't retain any OSU guys, does Fix remain in Stillwater? 

1 minute ago, Dogbone said:

Does he stay in Stillwater for the next cycle?    He seems to bleed Okie St. Orange as much as anyone.  If DT cleans house and doesn't retain any OSU guys, does Fix remain in Stillwater? 

Taylor is not going to put the RTC thing on the back burner. And the RTC athletes aren't like the coaches and athletes who have to "fit", you just want the biggest names you can get, so I assume he is gonna want the biggest name he has an inside track on.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Have to think he finds a new home.  His style doesn't really mesh with DT.

this doesn't matter for senior level guys, taylor aint gonna teach him how to wrestle.

3 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Taylor is not going to put the RTC thing on the back burner. And the RTC athletes aren't like the coaches and athletes who have to "fit", you just want the biggest names you can get, so I assume he is gonna want the biggest name he has an inside track on.

I wasn't assuming Taylor would get rid of him.  I was wondering if Fix wants to stay and train  in a new system when he has been in the OSU system his whole career.    What if Gilman in the RTC coach?  

9 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I don't think think the RTC coach will be Derek Fix with a splash of Chris Perry mixed in.

5 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

I wasn't assuming Taylor would get rid of him.  I was wondering if Fix wants to stay and train  in a new system when he has been in the OSU system his whole career.    What if Gilman in the RTC coach?  

I'm saying he's not gonna be in a new system. His training will be "tailored" to him.

• Haha 1
  • Potato 1

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I don't think think the RTC coach will be Derek Fix with a splash of Chris Perry mixed in.

HA yeah that's quite likely. Hopefully that's not a deal breaker, having dad in the corner is a little cringe at this point. 

• Brain 1

7 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

Gilman can teach Fix how to beat Gilman. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Have to think he finds a new home.  His style doesn't really mesh with DT.

Hi style doesn't mesh with being on the World or olympic team.   He might as well stay put and learn a new thing or two and maybe have better success. 

mspart

• Brain 1
  • Jagger 1

19 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

Idk. Fix did figure out how to beat him. Gilman was the one guy that the Cross- cartwheel- shit worked on. 

Definitely past tense.

Gilman controlled Fix in a way we hadn't seen Fix be controlled in MFS in a while.  A 6-0 loss to Gilman in MFS is basically worse than a Tech to anyone else.  Fix and Gilman have heavy defensive styles, so to not only allow be shutout but allow GIlman to score six points - that means there is a distinct gap there now that wasn't five years ago.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Hi style doesn't mesh with being on the World or olympic team.   He might as well stay put and learn a new thing or two and maybe have better success. 
mspart
I mean, he's boring as hell, but he has been on the world team and brought home hardware, so your statement is incorrect. I'm sure he'll wrestle 61kg the next few years, which suits him much better. But I agree a dose of Taylor could certainly be a good thing, although he's unlikely to change much at this point. If Gilman comes in and is planning on continuing his senior level career, it's hard to imagine Fix staying put.

17 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

Agreed, he has always been elite albeit he seems to have plateaued. Nothing better to overcome a plateau than to change things up a bit.