Jump to content

Reclassification


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Le duke said:


That’s always been my thought on it.

Most people who smoke weed are watching funny movies and supporting Frito-Lay corporation. While there is a possibility of someone smoking and driving, it just doesn’t happen all that often. Most of them have a routine, and it doesn’t involve going anywhere, at all.

Alcohol? My next door neighbor was a manager of a large supermarket. Regularly saw drunk people walking in to the liquor store next to his store. People who drove there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frito Lay was pretty smart when they created “Munchies” huh? 

Edited by JimmyBT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, braves121 said:

This is personal  and financial accountability. The right is very big on that. No one is forcing people to buy lottery tickets. 

When it suits your narrative. 🤦‍♂️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Has went?   Education huh?  

Yes. 

“has” a verb. 3rd person from of “have”

“Went to”  a phrase that also acs as a verb. the past tense for “go to” (which would be present tense) 

You may be a little confused by the fact that we live in a very big country with people coming from all kinds of different backgrounds. And therefore phrases in one part of the country may differ from other parts. It’s easy for me to understand your confusion, as I realize the world doesn’t operate in the very narrow margin that is your view of things. But typically, with a little bit of intellect, it’s not that hard to figure out. 
 

But the bigger question is, why do you keep following me around, quoting the same post multiple times, regularly. Have you talked to your special friend about this…episode? 

  • Fire 1
  • Stalling 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Le duke said:


That’s always been my thought on it.

Most people who smoke weed are watching funny movies and supporting Frito-Lay corporation. While there is a possibility of someone smoking and driving, it just doesn’t happen all that often. Most of them have a routine, and it doesn’t involve going anywhere, at all.

Alcohol? My next door neighbor was a manager of a large supermarket. Regularly saw drunk people walking in to the liquor store next to his store. People who drove there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could have included, just before “most people”, ‘I don’t really have a clue what I’m talking about, but…’

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

64 billion dollars in lottery money has went to education.

Yet our test scores relative to the world continue to freefall.

  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Yes. 

“has” a verb. 3rd person from of “have”

“Went to”  a phrase that also acs as a verb. the past tense for “go to” (which would be present tense) 

You may be a little confused by the fact that we live in a very big country with people coming from all kinds of different backgrounds. And therefore phrases in one part of the country may differ from other parts. It’s easy for me to understand your confusion, as I realize the world doesn’t operate in the very narrow margin that is your view of things. But typically, with a little bit of intellect, it’s not that hard to figure out. 
 

But the bigger question is, why do you keep following me around, quoting the same post multiple times, regularly. Have you talked to your special friend about this…episode? 

I’m not confused about anything including the English language. Phrases because you live somewhere doesn’t make it correct but hey you run with it.  And I’m not a crying coward like you are. My special friend is old enough bahahhaahhahahahha. 

Edited by JimmyBT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

Yet our test scores relative to the world continue to freefall.

The rest of the world teach math while the west teaches Identity politics and CRT.  It's about policy not funding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

The rest of the world teach math while the west teaches Identity politics and CRT.  It's about policy not funding.

We teach math, too.

Problem is, a lot of countries have caught up and in some cases, surpassed us. Many countries outspend us relative to their cost of living, their educators are paid much better and held in much higher regard, and their schools (K-12 equivalents, universities, trade schools) are funded at a much, much higher level. Most of the best performing countries spend more than we do, and shockingly, this corresponds to better results. 

Additionally, while the literacy rate in the US has more or less remained the same, the literacy rates in many developing countries has exploded. Japan and Korea, for example, have eliminated their gender parity in literacy, and gone from feudal states to highly advanced countries. We have lower literacy scores than Australia, Canada and Japan, are on roughly equal footing to the UK, and better than Italy, France, and Poland. Most of the countries with functioning governments realized a long time ago that a literate society means a prosperous society. 

Edited by Le duke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Country
 
Primary School Teacher Starting (USD)
 
Primary School Teacher Top Of Scale (USD)
 
Lower Secondary School Teacher Starting (USD)
 
Lower Secondary School Teacher Top Of Scale (USD)
 
Upper Secondary School Teacher Starting (USD)
 
Upper Secondary School Teacher Top Of Scale (USD)
 
Luxembourg $71,812 $126,868 $81,387 $141,470 $81,387 $141,470
Germany $69,599 $90,970 $77,358 $100,962 $80,911 $110,050
Switzerland $60,948 $92,671 $67,837 $103,952 $76,393 $117,580
South Africa $57,893 - $57,893 - $57,893 -
Denmark $54,130 $62,301 $54,405 $62,901 $50,653 $65,827
Saudi Arabia $49,942 - $49,942 - $54,546 -
Austria $47,995 $83,892 $47,853 $89,610 $47,914 $95,230
Australia $46,988 $74,335 $46,987 $74,454 $46,987 $74,454
Netherlands $45,594 $85,360 $48,336 $98,654 $48,336 $98,654
Spain $43,684 $62,368 $48,796 $69,499 $48,796 $69,499
Sweden $42,727 $56,757 $44,003 $58,287 $44,258 $59,053
United States $42,723 $74,214 $43,466 $77,596 $43,438 $76,055
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Country
 
PISA 2022 Overall Score
 
PISA Math 2022
 
PISA Science 2022
 
PISA Reading 2022
 
Overall 2018
 
Singapore 1679 575 561 543 1,669
China 1605 552 543 510 1,736
Japan 1599 536 547 516 1,560
Taiwan 1599 547 537 515  
South Korea 1570 527 528 515 1,559
Hong Kong 1560 540 520 500  
Estonia 1547 510 526 511 1,579
Canada 1519 497 515 507 1,550
Ireland 1512 492 504 516 1,514
Switzerland 1494 508 503 483 1,494
Australia 1492 487 507 498 1,497
Finland 1485 484 511 490 1,549
New Zealand 1484 479 504 501 1,508
United Kingdom 1483 489 500 494 1,511
Poland 1477 489 499 489 1,539
Czech Republic 1474 487 498 489 1,486
Denmark 1472 489 494 489 1,503
United States 1468 465 499 504 1,485
Sweden 1463 482 494 487
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:
Country
 
PISA 2022 Overall Score
 
 
PISA Math 2022
 
 
PISA Science 2022
 
 
PISA Reading 2022
 
 
Overall 2018
 
 
Singapore 1679 575 561 543 1,669
China 1605 552 543 510 1,736
Japan 1599 536 547 516 1,560
Taiwan 1599 547 537 515  
South Korea 1570 527 528 515 1,559
Hong Kong 1560 540 520 500  
Estonia 1547 510 526 511 1,579
Canada 1519 497 515 507 1,550
Ireland 1512 492 504 516 1,514
Switzerland 1494 508 503 483 1,494
Australia 1492 487 507 498 1,497
Finland 1485 484 511 490 1,549
New Zealand 1484 479 504 501 1,508
United Kingdom 1483 489 500 494 1,511
Poland 1477 489 499 489 1,539
Czech Republic 1474 487 498 489 1,486
Denmark 1472 489 494 489 1,503
United States 1468 465 499 504 1,485
Sweden 1463 482 494 487

 

Go to any of those countries with the exception of the US, Canada, UK and Australia and ask how many Genders there are.   Like I said its about policy, not funding.  

 

  • Bob 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The entire education process is broken and has been for decades now. The learning environment is the problem. Kids can’t effectively learn and teachers can’t effectively teach anymore.  Teachers have little control over a classroom and the kids know it. It takes but a couple kids to negatively impact the rest from getting the teaching need. Kids don’t feel safe, teachers don’t feel safe and principals hands are tied on what they ca do.  Until this changes scores won’t improve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

The entire education process is broken and has been for decades now. The learning environment is the problem. Kids can’t effectively learn and teachers can’t effectively teach anymore.  Teachers have little control over a classroom and the kids know it. It takes but a couple kids to negatively impact the rest from getting the teaching need. Kids don’t feel safe, teachers don’t feel safe and principals hands are tied on what they ca do.  Until this changes scores won’t improve. 

One additional thing:

Parental involvement. Parents who are interested and invested in their children, and their educational outcomes (in a good way; not the parents who are worried about their kids' volunteer hours at the age of 9 so they can get into Stanford) generally have kids who function at a higher level. Had lunch with my coworker and his wife recently. She's an elementary school teacher (2nd grade, I think) and the kids whose parents just turn on cartoons or hand them video games are the ones who ruin it for everyone. They can't concentrate, they are way behind and they require extra attention. Their parents don't read to them, and they don't get practice reading, and it shows.

Edited by Le duke
  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

One additional thing:

Parental involvement. Parents who are interested and invested in their children, and their educational outcomes (in a good way; not the parents who are worried about their kids' volunteer hours at the age of 9 so they can get into Stanford) generally have kids who function at a higher level. Had lunch with my coworker and his wife recently. She's an elementary school teacher (2nd grade, I think) and the kids whose parents just turn on cartoons or hand them video games are the ones who ruin it for everyone. They can't concentrate, they are way behind and they require extra attention. Their parents don't read to them, and they don't get practice reading, and it shows.

Agree 💯.  Along with that there’s a noticeable difference in two parent households versus single parents. The ability to do all those things you referenced to support the kids is cut in half.  

  • Bob 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Le duke said:

One additional thing:

Parental involvement. Parents who are interested and invested in their children, and their educational outcomes (in a good way; not the parents who are worried about their kids' volunteer hours at the age of 9 so they can get into Stanford) generally have kids who function at a higher level. Had lunch with my coworker and his wife recently. She's an elementary school teacher (2nd grade, I think) and the kids whose parents just turn on cartoons or hand them video games are the ones who ruin it for everyone. They can't concentrate, they are way behind and they require extra attention. Their parents don't read to them, and they don't get practice reading, and it shows.

I have friends who have, for now, temporary custody of their 7 year old nephew. It has been really impressive how much he has been able to improve from a stable home environment and caregivers who do what they can do help him thrive. And that has been in this school year basically since things started at Labor day.

  • Bob 3
  • Brain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard on the TV the other day that pot in the 70's was 1.5% THC.   Today's pot is anywhere from 30-90% THC.   That is not the same pot that everyone thinks about and is why there are problems today for those abusing the stuff, moreso than in the past.  

mspart

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mspart said:

I heard on the TV the other day that pot in the 70's was 1.5% THC.   Today's pot is anywhere from 30-90% THC.   That is not the same pot that everyone thinks about and is why there are problems today for those abusing the stuff, moreso than in the past.  

mspart

Where are you seeing 90% thc?  I see in the 30's pretty regular, but not higher than that.  (I'm speaking the

There are some in the 30's but it is far from the majority of what is available.  Just like I'm sure in the 70's you could get some real dirt week (1.5), but that was not at all the norm.    The pot is definitely better now, not just in potency but also under the scrutiny by which it is produced, but stating that range is the extreme, not the norm.   Lastly, you said there are more problems today than in the past?  Care to elaborate?  I would argue with the access and the scrutiny of which it is produced and distributed, it has addressed a whole lot of problems, problems that people could not address as well in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

Like I said, I heard it on TV so take that for what it is worth.

As for problems see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6312155/

https://fortune.com/well/2024/02/05/does-marijuana-cannabis-pot-thc-use-help-or-hurt-anxiety/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306460323001351

These are easy to find with a simple google search.

mspart

Thank you I appreciate the articles. The first one focused on use in adolescents, for which it is not and will not be legal for. This is definitely an issue, but a separate issue. 
 

The second article clearly states the opinions of experts are mixed.  
 

And the third article concluded with the higher potency there is a “slight” risk of dependency, there was weak evidence that it attributed to depression and anxiety, and no association between higher potency and a psychosis like condition.  Just quoting the article.  

Interesring that none of the three articles speak to any of the proven benefits, drastically less side affects and addictions risks compared to many of the other medicines that are regularly prescribed, or quote any of the 1000’s of the doctors who tell their more severe patients that cannabis is the best thing they can do for themselves.  
 

I am well aware a quick Google search will lead to plenty of information. I have spent a whoooooole lot of time reading up on the subject. Which is why with all the information that is available I was interested in how you came to your opinion.  Thanks again. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Jason Kwaak

    Brentwood, New York
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina State
    Projected Weight: 165

    Liam Hickey

    Cardinal Gibbons, North Carolina
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina
    Projected Weight: 133

    Tristan Steldt

    Fennimore, Wisconsin
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Pitt
    Projected Weight: 184

    Casen Roark

    Father Ryan, Tennessee
    Class of 2025
    Committed to West Virginia
    Projected Weight: 141

    Will Greenberg

    Hawken, Ohio
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Bucknell
    Projected Weight: 285
×
×
  • Create New...