ESPN: Iowa-based athletes in betting inquiry sue for rights violations

5 hours ago, WildTurk said:

I know several thousand people in Iowa and most of them are not "corn folks".  Most of them don't live on farms, nor have many animals other than dogs or cats. 

You couldn’t pay me to live in Illinois. That state is ran terribly.  Shitshow infact

I don’t think I know several thousand people on earth. 

• Bob 1

1/3 of Iowans live outside the city.  Over a million people.  My wife’s entire family are all religious corn folk from western Iowa.  We live in Chicago and neither us nor our kids have been murdered/assaulted.  

• Bob 4
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Caveira said:

1/3 of Iowans live outside the city.  Over a million people.  My wife’s entire family are all religious corn folk from western Iowa.  We live in Chicago and neither us nor our kids have been murdered/assaulted.  

I know lots of people that live outside the city that aren't "religious corn folks"

I own 90 acres and have never farmed or had an animal other than a dog or a cat. 

• Fire 1

On 4/28/2024 at 9:07 AM, WildTurk said:

I know several thousand people in Iowa and most of them are not "corn folks".  Most of them don't live on farms, nor have many animals other than dogs or cats. 

It's true there are several thousand people in Iowa who are not "corn folks." And let's not forget the "bean folk" and the "swine folk."  

On 4/28/2024 at 9:07 AM, WildTurk said:

You couldn’t pay me to live in Illinois. That state is ran terribly.  Shitshow infact

Illinois politics can be controlled by only two counties in the state, see Blago's re-election.  That said means there can be 100 nice counties in the state.

🙂 

On 4/27/2024 at 10:21 PM, Jerry Valley said:

Yes the police need a search warrant to get a tower "dump"

Isn’t that only the case if a party refuses a search or in the case of a subpoena refuses to cooperate? Did Fandual and DraftKings turn over the data voluntarily? Because that’s what it seems like. I guess it comes down to who owns that data. Do those companies own that data?

I am almost positive that an ISP can voluntarily give your data to law enforcement (such as your personal information attached to your IP address) because it’s their data. I am also pretty sure cell companies can give tower data to law enforcement voluntarily. Any company with a rewards program sells your shopping data to advertisers. Social media companies constantly sell your data.

The way that I have always understood it is that those companies own that data and can give it away or sell it so I don’t think Fandual or DraftKings would be any different. If the investigators asked them for the data and they handed it over I have a hard time believing they could argue their rights were violated here in regards to the data from Fandual and DraftKings. 

However I am not a lawyer and a notorious buffoon (just ask my wife) so what the hell do I know?

• Bob 1

On 4/28/2024 at 11:07 AM, WildTurk said:

We need this. Fans being fans. As an impartial and highly respected wrestling journalist, I can't take sides, but I like to see others do so. 

On another note, did I start the wild conspiracy theory that Iowa gambling officials were staking out Iowa dorms and wrestling facilities?

1 hour ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

As an impartial and highly respected wrestling journalist, I can't take sides, but I like to see others do so.

But maybe you could as a unrecognized comic🙅‍♀️

• Ionel 1