Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

it says humans, not civilians. i appreciate you providing the specific language that proves my point.

humans in civilian settings... i like how you leave out things to defend hamas 

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

To play devils advocate….if we let that one terrorist live, how many innocent lives are lost later?  Probably more than 7. 

That's a reasonable counterargument, but I think it's dangerous. The answer could be hundreds. It could be zero. The only thing we do know is that in order to kill him *at that moment* it costs 7.

When you open things up to that kind of speculation, people can justify all sorts of bad decisions. What if they see a terrorist in a crowd of 50 civilians? They could justify those 50 deaths by saying he would have killed more in the future, though they don't know that.

And again, I stress the *at that moment* part. It's inconvenient for Israel, but they should wait for opportunities to strike that will result in minimal collateral damage.

And to take a step back, it's time for this to end. They've destroyed almost all of Gaza. The danger presented by Hamas is far less than the danger Israel creates for itself in the region by continuing this slaughter. 

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

humans in civilian settings... i like how you leave out things to defend hamas 

that's a civilian setting. it's a war crime. you literally posted the definition that proved my point lmao.

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

that's a civilian setting. it's a war crime. you literally posted the definition that proved my point lmao.

and yoiu continue to ignore the point about isreal trying to minimize civilian casualties

• Bob 3

Again. Israel could easily have killed many more than they have. They haven’t because they do try to minimize civilian casualties.  Until the people of Palestinine stop supporting Hamas they will put themselves at risk.  Most Palestinians want what Hamas wants which is the total eradication of the Jewish people.   I can’t feel sorry for people that brought this on themselves.  

• Bob 2

10 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

That's a reasonable counterargument, but I think it's dangerous. The answer could be hundreds. It could be zero. The only thing we do know is that in order to kill him *at that moment* it costs 7.

When you open things up to that kind of speculation, people can justify all sorts of bad decisions. What if they see a terrorist in a crowd of 50 civilians? They could justify those 50 deaths by saying he would have killed more in the future, though they don't know that.

And again, I stress the *at that moment* part. It's inconvenient for Israel, but they should wait for opportunities to strike that will result in minimal collateral damage.

And to take a step back, it's time for this to end. They've destroyed almost all of Gaza. The danger presented by Hamas is far less than the danger Israel creates for itself in the region by continuing this slaughter. 

And so that’s a case by case, real time real life decision that has to be judged, calculating a whole lot of other things besides just *that moment*, in real time and cannot possibly be  expected to be answered with any logic what so ever, on an anonymous message board, especially if after answered you want to add to the scenario to make it more favorable for your point.  

So my question to you is, what exactly is it you’re trying to achieve here by digging in and digging in and digging in, talking in the same circles, thread after thread?   I’m just curious. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

And so that’s a case by case, real time real life decision that has to be judged, calculating a whole lot of other things besides just *that moment*, in real time and cannot possibly be  expected to be answered with any logic what so ever, on an anonymous message board, especially if after answered you want to add to the scenario to make it more favorable for your point.  

So my question to you is, what exactly is it you’re trying to achieve here by digging in and digging in and digging in, talking in the same circles, thread after thread?   I’m just curious. 

Well, like everyone on here I have a personality defect that leads me to post on internet forums. 

I have strong feelings on this topic and the one-sided, often gleeful, commentary on the death of thousands of children really upsets me and I feel compelled to post. 

I know it's a pointless battle. This entire sub-forum is a pointless battle of people shouting into the void. Why do we all do it? Who knows!

4 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Well, like everyone on here I have a personality defect that leads me to post on internet forums. 

I have strong feelings on this topic and the one-sided, often gleeful, commentary on the death of thousands of children really upsets me and I feel compelled to post. 

I know it's a pointless battle. This entire sub-forum is a pointless battle of people shouting into the void. Why do we all do it? Who knows!

where is the gleeful commentary on dead children?

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

There isn’t.  He’s playing the drama card again. 

Yeah....luckily it begs the question of if UB is proof life or not....that's just what this topic needs.

50 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

this is a little old but i enjoy it

Thats a really good one.  But my favorite was watching the Young Turks on election night in 2015. It Was hilarious. The just totally melted down.

• Bob 1

11 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Thats a really good one.  But my favorite was watching the Young Turks on election night in 2015. It Was hilarious. The just totally melted down.

Yeah I enjoyed that too...that guy really is a moron.

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

gleeful?

you mean like the palestinians on oct 8? 

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Well, we actually agree on something.

• Bob 1

40 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Well, we actually agree on something.

um, sort of, we established uncle bernard is here because he's pretending that he's in a heroic stand against people who enjoy dead babies...not sure that accounts for the rest of us.

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)

in 1939, there was this country. they ran raids into neighboring countries. they shot rockets at countries. they kidnapped and murdered their own citizens and people from other countries.

they were obliterated and occupied for the better part of 45 years.

sounds familiar.

Edited by Scouts Honor
  • Bob 1