Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

yes according to you, civilians who support a government become legit targets of anybody at war with that government. 

you justify 9/11. that’s evil. 

According to me when you support a terrorist organization like most Palestinians do you have to take what you get. Pretty simple.  

• Bob 1

Wow...like I said...pathetic @uncle bernard  What's just as pathetic as the crap you post is that you try and lecture others on reading comprehension...classic projection.  

Isn't there a new and trending "issue" you should get back to protesting??

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

According to me when you support a terrorist organization like most Palestinians do you have to take what you get. Pretty simple.  

and that’s exactly what bin laden said about american civilians. 

it’s a dangerous, immoral way of viewing the world. it’s not 1984. thought crime isn’t a capital offense. 

5 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

it’s a dangerous, immoral way of viewing the world. it’s not 1984. thought crime isn’t a capital offense. 

Voting for and supporting terrorists is playing stupid games.  Play stupid games win stupid prizes.  

15 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

what was the post in response to moron? 

YOU making that exact case. It’s what YOU believe. 

Wrong as usual.  I don’t hate my country like you hate it.  You have more than once blamed this entire thing on American imperialism. When in fact you know this is all about a certain group of people using a religion to try destroy another group of people.  Face it. YOU support terrorists.  

17 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Supporting terrorists like you do is wrong no matter what decade it is.  

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Supporting terrorists like you do is wrong no matter what decade it is.  

if a terrorist draped himself in an american flag and told you he was fighting for "freedom" you'd worship him because you have a fundamentalist, terroristic ideology. that's where we're different.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

if a terrorist draped himself in an american flag and told you he was fighting for "freedom" you'd worship him because you have a fundamentalist, terroristic ideology. that's where we're different.

Wow...just when I think you can't post anything more idiotic than you have, you go and prove me completely wrong.  

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Wow...just when I think you can't post anything more idiotic than you have, you go and prove me completely wrong.  

Which one of us thinks it's okay to kill people because of their political beliefs? Me or you? Very simple question.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Which one of us thinks it's okay to kill people because of their political beliefs? Me or you? Very simple question.

Easy...you!  I think war in today's day and age is stupid and archaic.  I think terrorists are the scum of the earth as are the people who support them (cough...cough...you...cough).  However, I believe in retribution against those terrorists when they kill innocent people based on political/religious beliefs.

• Bob 1

13 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Methinks he doth protest too much.  

mspart

• Bob 1

25 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Easy...you!  I think war in today's day and age is stupid and archaic.  I think terrorists are the scum of the earth as are the people who support them (cough...cough...you...cough).  However, I believe in retribution against those terrorists when they kill innocent people based on political/religious beliefs.

So you disagree with @JimmyBT that Gazan civilians are fair game because they support Hamas (we don't even know that's true for the record)?

I'm glad that you see the light and agree with my original post (or so it seems). I've been incredible consistent that the murder of civilians is always wrong, the killing of armed combatants, especially terrorists is allowed.

So what you want is for Israel to go in and physically separate the civilians from the Hamas insurgents before killing the insurgents.   Is that correct?   And how would you propose to do that?   It is even Israel's fault when it is Hamas' fault (recent 45 civilians die due to Hamas ammo warehouse exploding in a civilian area).   If IDF forces hid behind Gaza civilians you would howl and scream that they are breaking international law.   But you complain with Hamas does the same and civilians die in the process.   There is no howling and screaming.  

You can't see the difference here I'm sure.   But you can certainly say that IDF forces could use Gazan human shields the same that Hamas does.   The difference is that IDF doesn't do that.   But Hamas is not at fault for doing so.   It is IDFs fault for targeting Hamas operatives and civilians die because the operatives use them as shields.   Your position is logically illogical and makes no sense.   If I was a civilian, I'd stay away from Hamas at all costs.   Let them die.   I don't want to die.   Which begs another question that you don't bother to ask and I would be surprised if you would even come up with it.  It follows and is a very easy point/question to come up with with the above line of reasoning. 

mspart

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, mspart said:

So what you want is for Israel to go in and physically separate the civilians from the Hamas insurgents before killing the insurgents.   Is that correct?   And how would you propose to do that?   It is even Israel's fault when it is Hamas' fault (recent 45 civilians die due to Hamas ammo warehouse exploding in a civilian area).   If IDF forces hid behind Gaza civilians you would howl and scream that they are breaking international law.   But you complain with Hamas does the same and civilians die in the process.   There is no howling and screaming.  

You can't see the difference here I'm sure.   But you can certainly say that IDF forces could use Gazan human shields the same that Hamas does.   The difference is that IDF doesn't do that.   But Hamas is not at fault for doing so.   It is IDFs fault for targeting Hamas operatives and civilians die because the operatives use them as shields.   Your position is logically illogical and makes no sense.   If I was a civilian, I'd stay away from Hamas at all costs.   Let them die.   I don't want to die.   Which begs another question that you don't bother to ask and I would be surprised if you would even come up with it.  It follows and is a very easy point/question to come up with with the above line of reasoning. 

mspart

Your definition of human shield is so broad that the IDF does actually use them. All of their military bases are surrounded/embedded within the settlements on the border. A huge percentage of the victims of 10/7 were killed in the crossfire between the IDF and Hamas in these settlements. If Israel was truly concerned about protecting its citizens, it wouldn't be promoting the settlements on the Gaza border or illegal settlements in the West Bank.

But to answer what I "want," I've been clear on this the whole time. I want Israel to take place in a *serious* political process to restore human rights to the occupied territories. That is the only path to long-term peace. If you do not provide a legitimate path to peace through politics, the Palestinians will always turn to armed resistance because it's their only option.

In terms of this conflict, Israel should accept the ceasefire deal to return the hostages, pull out of Gaza, and let the international community come to the aid of the millions of Palestinians who are now refugees and on the verge of famine. 

20 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

"If I was a civilian, I'd stay away from Hamas at all costs.   Let them die.   I don't want to die. "

Great and where would you go?

Idk if you noticed, but the vast majority of Palestinians moved to the "safe zones" Israel designated only for those zones to get bombed anyway. 

If you were a Gazan civilians, you wouldn't have a choice to "stay away" from Hamas. They're there whether you like it or not. I think the fact you even typed that out reveals an unbelievable ignorance and naivety about what's going on in Gaza. This isn't your neat and tidy fantasy scenario in your head.

56 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

So you disagree with @JimmyBT that Gazan civilians are fair game because they support Hamas (we don't even know that's true for the record)?

I'm glad that you see the light and agree with my original post (or so it seems). I've been incredible consistent that the murder of civilians is always wrong, the killing of armed combatants, especially terrorists is allowed.

So you’re willing to protest the killing of innocent people on Oct 7?….  

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

I’m anti terrorist/hamas.  Unlike you whom is supporting Hamas.  

8 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

"If I was a civilian, I'd stay away from Hamas at all costs.   Let them die.   I don't want to die. "

Great and where would you go?

Idk if you noticed, but the vast majority of Palestinians moved to the "safe zones" Israel designated only for those zones to get bombed anyway. 

If you were a Gazan civilians, you wouldn't have a choice to "stay away" from Hamas. They're there whether you like it or not. I think the fact you even typed that out reveals an unbelievable ignorance and naivety about what's going on in Gaza. This isn't your neat and tidy fantasy scenario in your head.

Shouldn’t the citizens of Gaza want to be on the right side of history and do anything and everything to rid themselves and the area of Hamas?