Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

I am mistaken.  You are correct.  He was proclaiming his desire for all zionists to die.  That is not the same.  

Interesting that you avoided recognizing that this is also hateful and disgusting and creates a hostile environment for other students.  Instead you think that my error some how changes the point.  Calling me disingenuous.  While I was not correct in the wording, the point still is the same.

You say you are glad he apologized.  You avoided my question about right wing folks that say oops.  You feel the same way about them? 

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Brain 1

5 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

@uncle bernard - what did I post that suggested they I was accusing any poster here of supporting Hamas?   

You jumped to that?  I guess because you feel you are on the defensive and I am trying to imply you support Hamas.  I am not.

What I am doing is pointing out the direct guilt Hamas has here.  I could not believe it when I saw that there were protesters supporting Hamas after Oct 7.  Vile.  Evil.  Simply pure Evil what they did.  

Hamas, the elected government of Gaza, brought this down on the people of Gaza ON PURPOSE. 

There should have been, and should still be mass protests from many of their people AGAINST the atrocities and AGAINST the holding innocent civilians as hostages.  They should be seeking to surrender and turn in these pure war criminals that objectively and with purpose, from their leaders down to their troops had the intention, and only this intention, of committing mas war crimes … and then did it. 

The protestors today are clearly choosing to ignore or belittle the actions of October 7.  Israel has the absolute right to protect itself and ELIMINATE Hamas, force unconditional surrender, and then put the war criminals in trial.  And yes, unconditional surrender.  

For now, Hamas continues to fight and hide behind civilians.  WHERE ARE THE PROTESTS, WHERE IS THE ANGER from the innocent people, and their allies, that innocents are being used as shields?  

And again, this talk of Israel committing genocide is ridiculous.  Population of Gaza has grown over the years.  If Israel wanted to commit genocide the death toll by now would 1 million plus.  Fact.

On the other hand the chants from Hamas and their supporters, and the ACTUAL ACTIONS THEY TOOK TARGETTING CIVILIANS ON OCT 7 show their desire to wipe out the Jews of Israel.  

Is that clear enough @uncle bernard?

Here is my first post to you.  Several questions within.

4 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

I am mistaken.  You are correct.  He was proclaiming his desire for all zionists to die.  That is not the same.  

Interesting that you avoided recognizing that this is also hateful and disgusting and creates a hostile environment for other students.  Instead you think that my error some how changes the point.  Calling me disingenuous.  While I was not correct in the wording, the point still is the same.

You say you are glad he apologized.  You avoided my question about right wing folks that say oops.  You feel the same way about them? 

yes i do if they genuinely believe it! giving people the opportunity to grow is the only way the world gets better!

and i think my being glad he apologized implied that i agreed it was a terrible thing to say but i make it explicit here. 

individual protestors saying bad things doesn’t invalidate an entire movement. israeli’s held signs saying “kill them all” after 10/7. that doesn’t invalidate their right to live peacefully, even though it’s an evil thing to believe. 

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

yes i do if they genuinely believe it! giving people the opportunity to grow is the only way the world gets better!

and i think my being glad he apologized implied that i agreed it was a terrible thing to say but i make it explicit here. 

individual protestors saying bad things doesn’t invalidate an entire movement. israeli’s held signs saying “kill them all” after 10/7. that doesn’t invalidate their right to live peacefully, even though it’s an evil thing to believe. 

Ok.  So you are cool with everyone that spews hate and murder that then say … oops.  Didn’t meant it.  That’s all it takes.  Fair enough.  Seems like the people in the article who are his friends feel the same way.  Ready to embrace him.  Good guy. 

And no acknowledgement that statements like these create a hostile school environment.  Even if it is a small group.  

18 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

i don’t feel strongly about the second amendment. i’d prefer if we had much stronger regulations and licensing to make it harder for mentally ill, criminals, domestic abusers, etc…to get them.

i’m not a take away the guns guy and if we’re being real, nobody in the current scene has a position even close to that. banning assault weapons, maybe, but nobody is coming for your handgun or hunting rifle. let’s just be real about that. 

you do understand though, that the #2A has NOTHING to do with hunting?

18 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

that’s not always what happens but if the civilians don’t leave then yes. i know this is hard to accept but the other side cheating doesn’t make it okay to mass kill civilians. 

if they want our tax dollars and our guns, they should follow the rules of war they agreed to. 

sounds like a good way to lose a war. managed by politicians..

lets see, where have we seen this before

6 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

@uncle bernard - what did I post that suggested they I was accusing any poster here of supporting Hamas?   

You jumped to that?  I guess because you feel you are on the defensive and I am trying to imply you support Hamas.  I am not.

What I am doing is pointing out the direct guilt Hamas has here.  I could not believe it when I saw that there were protesters supporting Hamas after Oct 7.  Vile.  Evil.  Simply pure Evil what they did.  

Hamas, the elected government of Gaza, brought this down on the people of Gaza ON PURPOSE. 

There should have been, and should still be mass protests from many of their people AGAINST the atrocities and AGAINST the holding innocent civilians as hostages.  They should be seeking to surrender and turn in these pure war criminals that objectively and with purpose, from their leaders down to their troops had the intention, and only this intention, of committing mas war crimes … and then did it. 

The protestors today are clearly choosing to ignore or belittle the actions of October 7.  Israel has the absolute right to protect itself and ELIMINATE Hamas, force unconditional surrender, and then put the war criminals in trial.  And yes, unconditional surrender.  

For now, Hamas continues to fight and hide behind civilians.  WHERE ARE THE PROTESTS, WHERE IS THE ANGER from the innocent people, and their allies, that innocents are being used as shields?  

And again, this talk of Israel committing genocide is ridiculous.  Population of Gaza has grown over the years.  If Israel wanted to commit genocide the death toll by now would 1 million plus.  Fact.

On the other hand the chants from Hamas and their supporters, and the ACTUAL ACTIONS THEY TOOK TARGETTING CIVILIANS ON OCT 7 show their desire to wipe out the Jews of Israel.  

Is that clear enough @uncle bernard?

1) Many people on here constantly accuse me of supporting hamas. I'm glad you aren't and I jumped the gun.

2) I can't answer for everybody, but I think we all understand that the US has far more power to influence Israel's behavior than Hamas. I also think you'd find disagreement about the "human shields" issue because I think it's largely a convenient line for Israel to justify them taking shortcuts that don't prevent extensive civilian casualties.

Yes, Hamas is embedded all over Gaza, but where else are they supposed to go? It's a tiny strip of land with 2 million people and beseiged on all sides. Any military installation would be struck immediately. It is an occupied territory and by nature any military movement within it has to be a guerilla movement. And my criticism is that Israel is perfectly comfortable killing 20 "human shields" if it means they might kill 1 actual militant and that's wrong imo.

3) Which brings me to the next point. You can use the same human shield argument against Israel. Hamas (and the IDF in the crossfire) killed many civilians on 10/7. Some of the most intense fighting took place in Kibbutz with attached military bases targeted by Hamas. Israel is constantly building illegal settlements on the border of Gaza and the West Bank creating a civilian barrier between Palestine and their population centers. If Israel was more concerned with the safety of its citizens, it wouldn't be building settlements next door to a giant prison camp filled with militants who want to kill them. But it's balancing concern with safety and peace with their interest in taking more and more land, which again is in clear violation of international law.

*But yes, the murder of civilians on 10/7 (and before and after) is wrong and any person who took place in it can and should be held accountable.*

Edited by uncle bernard

5 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

when uncle bernard conducts these wars against potentially suicidal, certainly genocidal maniacs who are willing to hide behind their own children in densely populated urban environments he just acts really nice and it all works out.

send in the social workers

11 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Ok.  So you are cool with everyone that spews hate and murder that then say … oops.  Didn’t meant it.  That’s all it takes.  Fair enough.  Seems like the people in the article who are his friends feel the same way.  Ready to embrace him.  Good guy. 

And no acknowledgement that statements like these create a hostile school environment.  Even if it is a small group.  

Not the best faith response, but I'm patient. I'm not "cool with it." He will be punished. But that's not a life sentence worthy crime. He's a young kid who should have the opportunity to grow. I say the same thing to the Israeli counterprotestor who chanted "death to the jews."

And I agreed it created a hostile environment. The protests and chants should be focused on defending the rights of Palestinians, not making threats to Zionists. 

41 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

okay i think i found this. he is wrong and im glad he apologized.

he also didn’t call for death to jews. he said zionists don’t deserve to live. zionist /= jew and the repeated conflation is antisemitic. as part of the columbia protest, he was literally protesting with many jews. your description was very disingenuous and as you say, facts and context are important. 

a quote from him in the article:

“But in an interview earlier in the week, Mr. James drew a distinction between the ideas of anti-Zionism, which describes opposition to the Jewish state of Israel, and antisemitism. “There is a difference,” he said. “We’ve always had Jewish people as part of our community where they have expressed themselves, they feel safe, and they feel loved. And we want all people to feel safe in this encampment. We are a multiracial, multigenerational group of people.”

he said the joos were lucky he wasn't out gunning them down himself

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

people keep talking about killing civilians.

do you know where the nukes are pointed?

do you know where the bombers are headed?

do you know who killed the most civilians in the communists conflicts in southeast asia?

hitting the bottle early today, huh?

28 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i have the video

'be glad, be grateful... that im not just going out murdering....zionists

Then what you said early was not in fact what he said

Edited by braves121
  • Brain 1

9 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

murder/ gun down

you see a difference?

I mean if you wanna ignore making up your own quote interchanging jews with zionists that’s fine. Being a Zionist does not make you Jewish and it’s not an exclusive term

Edited by braves121
  • Brain 1

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

I mean if you wanna ignore making up your own quote interchanging jews with zionists that’s fine. Being a Zionist does not make you Jewish and it’s not an exclusive term

the irony is that a lot of guys on here can’t comprehend that not all jews believe the same thing and have the same loyalties. too antisemitic to see them as individuals. all jews must be zionists and all zionists must be jews to them.