Marcus Blaze

5 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Did Steiber do it?

Stieber came close at the age of 18 (junior or senior year): "He was the lone high school wrestler to compete at the 2009 World Team Trials, a World Championships qualifier contested by U.S. Olympic-caliber wrestlers, where he placed fourth."

• Bob 1

14 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Stieber came close at the age of 18 (junior or senior year): "He was the lone high school wrestler to compete at the 2009 World Team Trials, a World Championships qualifier contested by U.S. Olympic-caliber wrestlers, where he placed fourth."

correct, he lost to Obe Blanc in the true third place match that year

Edited by gromit

1 hour ago, pokemonster said:

all the more reason for blaze to go to Ohio state like Stieber 😄

• Bob 3

2 hours ago, gromit said:

Possibly not since "high schooler" (age 19) Henry Cejudo was the 55kg runner-up at the 2006 World Team trials, losing the best-of-three finals to Sammie Henson (who later won World bronze).

I was thinking Cejudo may be the last to do it. Not sure if Aaron Pico did it too? 

He could be the first person under 18 to do it since Carr in 1972 (can anyone confirm that?) If that’s the case, that’s pretty rarified air!

• Bob 1

20 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i currently have it

1 - Duke

2 - Lockett

3 - Blaze

but I'm updating after Vegas.

i wouldn't argue with anyone who ordered those three in another fashion.

you get in to nitpicking - but Duke is the most prolific scorer of the bunch. I guess you could argue Blaze had more matches against elite guys than Duke, but Blaze is typically lower/closer scores.

of course i'm splitting hairs. 

He really doesn't dominate the way you would expect a stud to do dominate with big margins 

Stieber felt alot more dominant in high school.....and I believe had a better win vs a college guy 

Maybe he is more Kyle dake and it actually translates better than some of these studs that flameout

Would of liked to of seen him against a more prolific offensive style then suriano and see how that match goes 

yeah, he's more Suriano/Dake type right now.

in that vein though, he almost never gets scored on.

the Blazes are originally from Michigan. Marcus' school list started w/ PSU, Cornell, tOSU, Purdue and Iowa

though the word is now that he's down to tOSU and PSU

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

TBD

21 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i currently have it

1 - Duke

2 - Lockett

3 - Blaze

but I'm updating after Vegas.

i wouldn't argue with anyone who ordered those three in another fashion.

you get in to nitpicking - but Duke is the most prolific scorer of the bunch. I guess you could argue Blaze had more matches against elite guys than Duke, but Blaze is typically lower/closer scores.

of course i'm splitting hairs. 

Who is Duke's best win? I know he missed some time. Has he had much opportunity to wrestle elite guys?

Duke's best wins

#2-Henckel - Ironman Finals

#1-Lockett - Journeymen Event

#2-Bouzakis - Fargo Finals

#2-Bouzakis by TF - S32 Finals

#1-Kollin Rath - S32 Semis

#2-Landon Robideau - S32

#1-Daniel Zepeda - S32

Eventual #1-Sergio Lemley - S32

For a brief moment #1-Cory Land - S32

• Bob 1

TBD

7 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Duke's best wins

#2-Landon Robideau - S32

#1-Daniel Zepeda - S32

That's insane.

Duke's best wins
#2-Landon Robideau - S32
#1-Daniel Zepeda - S32

psh, not even any good wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

I was thinking Cejudo may be the last to do it. Not sure if Aaron Pico did it too? 

He could be the first person under 18 to do it since Carr in 1972 (can anyone confirm that?) If that’s the case, that’s pretty rarified air!

Its very rare. Reading about Jimmy Carr he made our World Team in 1971 as a 16 year old and placed 6th. In 1973 He made the Junior Olympic team and won a World Championship. Unfortunately he passed away at the age of 58 from a motorcycle accident.

Blaze hit list off the top of my head

#2 Jax forrest - Clarion Open

#2 Jax forrest - OTT

#1 Luke Lilledahl- WTT wrestle back

#1 Luke Lilledahl- Ironman finals 

#1 Anthony knox x2- U17 finals

#3 leo Deluca- Ironman 3/4

#3 Ledo deluca- Ironman semi

Matt ramos- Clarion open semi

Nico Megaludis- WTT wrestle back

I am not super familiar with Locketts results I know he won ironman and took third there and won super 32 but I feel like the two wins the fields were not as loaded. The tech over Meyer is nuts though and that avenged a loss he had at whos 1.

Edited by Truzzcat
mistake

1 minute ago, Truzzcat said:

Blaze hit list off the top of my head

#2 Jax forrest - Clarion Open

#2 Jax forrest - OTT

#1 Luke Lilledahl- Ironman Finals

#1 Luke Lilledahl- Ironman finals 

#1 Anthony knox x2- U17 finals

#3 leo Deluca- Ironman 3/4

#3 Ledo deluca- Ironman semi

Matt ramos- Clarion open semi

Nico Megaludis- WTT wrestle back

I am not super familiar with Locketts results I know he won ironman and took third there and won super 32 but I feel like the two wins the fields were not as loaded. The tech over Meyer is nuts though and that avenged a loss he had at whos 1.

Locket won U17 71 KG worlds last year.

Hit list is everyone else on the planet U17 (last year) and under 71 KG.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

38 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Duke's best wins

#2-Landon Robideau - S32

#1-Daniel Zepeda - S32

Just curious has Duke been entering any college opens this past season. Its hard to keep up with all the high school guys entering and doing pretty well. Has Duke made any of our world teams U17 ,U20.

no. he's had a couple injuries that kept him out of trials/fargo/s32/ironman last year.

he is just getting back in the swing of things and went to NHSCA's to get some decent mat time in prep for this tournament. 

it's still undecided if he'll do his senior year at home or will go the M2 route like Kasak and Ryder. 

• Bob 1

TBD

6 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

no. he's had a couple injuries that kept him out of trials/fargo/s32/ironman last year.

he is just getting back in the swing of things and went to NHSCA's to get some decent mat time in prep for this tournament. 

it's still undecided if he'll do his senior year at home or will go the M2 route like Kasak and Ryder. 

you should sweet talk him into throwing his name in the hat for none olympic trials at 70kg if hes qualified I think he can go with those guys depending of course on how he does at u20's I look at his cadet trials in 22 as an outlier.

23 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

What is the M2 route.

Just saw an Interview that said Blaze has not given up a takedown in his high school career and it made me think back to the last takedown Id seen him give up aside from the one against Suriano. I believe the last takedown he gave up was super 32 2022 against Forrest in the wrestle backs. So since then hes gone through ironman ,Ohio states, u17 trials, cadet worlds, Ironman once again, Ohio states once again and then olympic team trials and has surrendered one takedown.

Edit palmer and forrest both took him down once at clarion open. 

Edited by Truzzcat

Wouldn't that make Purdue at least part of the conversation?

Also, not sure what the recruiting rules are now for students enrolled in other universities, but wouldn't it make sense for any college recruiting the younger Blaze to also go after Blaze the Elder?

7 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Wouldn't that make Purdue at least part of the conversation?

15 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

the Blazes are originally from Michigan. Marcus' school list started w/ PSU, Cornell, tOSU, Purdue and Iowa

though the word is now that he's down to tOSU and PSU