Are PSU fans the worst?

Yes, winning cures all ills, but lets be real.  Are PSU fans the worst??  

Booing JB before MM even scores a point? Yes, MM wrestles hard but when the whistle blows and you are out of bounds, it is time to stop.  Booing him because he pulls up his socks?? Okay, I know you guys are new to the sport but wait until you learn about the cold spray the Russians use as a stall technique, it might blow your mind.  Then after Nolf wins to talk smack??   Just no class. 

Iowa fans get a bad rap but they gave Gable, an opposing wrestler a standing O.  PSU booed a PA legend in Spencer.  No question, Cinnabon is terrible troll but maybe just an average PSU fan?

Obviously, Starocci smack talk that he couldn't back up and Nickels sensitivity have enabled them.

I know there are a lot of PSU fans on here who will no doubt cry about this post, but some fan base is the worst. Has to be PSU, right?

• Bob 4
  • Poopy 3

Having gone to a lot of PSU matches and then this event while they are PSU fans at the end of the day, the bad ones are the ones that never wrestled and are purely fans of PSU athletics in its entirety or are fans because they are so dominant. Generally the most obnoxious ones are the ones that have no idea what's going on and its very evident. When you have an alumni that size and pair it with a program that good I think its rather unavoidable. All that to say I agree with you but I don't want to lump the bad into the true wrestling community because I don't believe most of them are.

• Brain 1

14 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

Yes, winning cures all ills, but lets be real.  Are PSU fans the worst??  

Booing JB before MM even scores a point? Yes, MM wrestles hard but when the whistle blows and you are out of bounds, it is time to stop.  Booing him because he pulls up his socks?? Okay, I know you guys are new to the sport but wait until you learn about the cold spray the Russians use as a stall technique, it might blow your mind.  Then after Nolf wins to talk smack??   Just no class. 

Iowa fans get a bad rap but they gave Gable, an opposing wrestler a standing O.  PSU booed a PA legend in Spencer.  No question, Cinnabon is terrible troll but maybe just an average PSU fan?

Obviously, Starocci smack talk that he couldn't back up and Nickels sensitivity have enabled them.

I know there are a lot of PSU fans on here who will no doubt cry about this post, but some fan base is the worst. Has to be PSU, right?

Please hide this thread and repost it as a poll. Thanks in advance.

Still Iowa but if PSU fans keep it up they will catch up quickly 

Most Iowa fans have been humbled. Penn state has certainly taken over as the evil empire. This makes their fans the worst by default. And sometimes not by default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen matches on how the hawkeye faithful react... talk about stepping into a gladiator arena w/ the fans yellin' for blood. (Yelling "STALLING" during introductions?!?)

nitfans can be equally vociferous as well... last nite they're exceeding expectations.

It's a thing about dynasties... they want to hold onto that power forever!

BUT...

dynasties don't last forever.

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The fans in Pennsylvania last night were another black mark for the sport. Absolutely embarrassing. One of the most accomplished wrestlers and best representatives in the history of US wrestling was treated worse there than he his in rival countries.

This event wasn’t about what college these wrestlers went to. This is about who’s going to represent the whole country against the world.

This was likely JBs last tournament and that’s the taste you want to leave in his mouth? Why should he ever want to do anything for USA wrestling after the way he was treated?

This fanbase should never be gifted another event like this no matter how good PSU is.

No one should be surprised though. This fan base has shown they’re racist, misogynistic, and apologists for both pedophilia and sexual assault over decades.