2024 OTT Day 1 Session 2 thread

2 minutes ago, Gus said:

Sure but in the first period Burroughs got hit with passivity for not holding center well. In the second Nolf did not get hit for passivity and he ran and avoided the edge for 2 minutes. 

Pushing on a collar tie and shoving isn't going to get you a passivity call.  

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

NLWC at the OTTs so far

• 57kg finals is NLWC (Gilman) vs. Lee
  • 65kg finals is NLWC (Lee) vs. NLWC (Zain)
  • 74kg finals is NLWC (Nolf) vs. NLWC (Dake)
  • 86kg finals is NLWC (Brooks)/Valencia vs. NLWC (DT)
  • 97kg finals is NLWC (Snyder) vs. Trumble
  • 125kg finals is Parris vs. Zillmer/Gwiz

That's 7 or 8 out of 12 finalists coming from NLWC. Nutty.

Edited by peanut
  • Fire 1

Just now, NormMacDonald said:

JB just looks done.. Father time finally got him

Father time and being a father of five...that's a lot of (and more meaningful) demand on your time and energy than a wrestling practice, no matter who you are.  

7 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

If JB had taken a single shot...they would have given it to him.  Refs won't pull the trigger on helping when collar tie hand grab push is your offense.  Burroughs didn't take any shots in that second period either (that I can remember...I was a bit on the edge of my seat watching that match.)

Edit: I forgot they also gave JB some breaks on those two challenges.  Not saying those were the wrong calls, but they have to be called consistently, and based on what they did for JB in the first period, I think they did the right thing by nolf in the 2nd.  

This is one of the worst takes I've seen today. You even edited it to make sure it was the worst possible take. But I get it, you're a fan. So am I. So bring on the bad takes, build up the fervor, be a fan. Cheers! 

• Fire 2
  • Poopy 1

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Pushing on a collar tie and shoving isn't going to get you a passivity call.  

Have you watched freestyle wrestling much? Passivity calls happen when guys just hold center and don’t take shots. Not even marching their opponent around with a collar tie. 

1 minute ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

This is one of the worst takes I've seen today. You even edited it to make sure it was the worst possible take. But I get it, you're a fan. So am I. So bring on the bad takes, build up the fervor, be a fan. Cheers! 

What wrestle87 posted is the correct take.  People get passionate and see what they want to see based on who they want to win.  Collar tie, push, & shove isn't going to get your opponent put on the clock

• Bob 1
  • Clown 2

79 is going to be a high key fire WTT bracket. Expected participants should be Nolf (loses to Dake tomorrow), Burroughs, Zahid if he loses to Brooks (goes 92 if he wins), Ringer, Starocci, Joseph, KOT, Carr, Pissenbrink. That is straight up fireworks before quarters begin.

• Bob 1

i am an idiot on the internet

3 minutes ago, peanut said:

NLWC at the OTTs so far

• 57kg finals is NLWC (Gilman) vs. Lee
  • 65kg finals is NLWC (Lee) vs. NLWC (Zain)
  • 74kg finals is NLWC (Nolf) vs. NLWC (Dake)
  • 86kg finals is NLWC (Brooks) vs. NLWC (DT)
  • 97kg finals is NLWC (Snyder) vs. Trumble/Moore
  • 125kg finals is Parris vs. Zillmer/Gwiz

That's 8 out of 12 finalists coming from NLWC. Nutty.

Did I miss the Brooks vs Valencia match?

• Bob 1

Just now, Gus said:

Have you watched freestyle wrestling much? Passivity calls happen when guys just hold center and don’t take shots. Not even marching their opponent around with a collar tie. 

I watch a lot of wrestling and am very familiar with freestyle

1 minute ago, Gus said:

It's almost like people don't understand the fundamental differences between free and folk, and that free is ref'd incorrectly very often domestically.

• Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

1 minute ago, wrestle87 said:

Trumble is really having his way with Moore right now...

Did not see this coming. Moore getting the Ringer career treatment times ten because this feels like it's already over. Moore is smoked.

• Bob 1

Nolf won and was the better wrestler today.  Active; strategic; took all of the shots, and could have easily gotten the two on the spin around on the edge, which they denied on the review.   Borroughs did a whole lot of nothing.   He's a legendary wrestler but his time is up.   Maybe he will try 79KG for the non-Olympic weights in the fall, but I kind of doubt it.

JB elevated American wrestling but at his back time's winged chariot has been hurrying near.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Did not see this coming. Moore getting the Ringer career treatment times ten because this feels like it's already over. Moore is smoked.

For real.  He used to be the gatekeeper (kinda), but he got taken apart.  Now, granted he may have been entirely laser focused on Cox then snyder, but that's a heck of a whooping for just a mental lapse.