The insight and wisdom of Pyles on display…

Have you seen CP’s latest video where he predicts the next HC of OSU? Genius content.

Joking aside, he suggests OSU should reach out to Pat Pop, Pendleton, Branch, etc. What?! Why would anybody think they’d even consider someone besides Coleman?? Clearly there was an agreement in place, that he had to be comfortable with, for him to give up his job at NC and move his family. After 11 minutes of rambling, he finally “predicts” that Coleman will be the guy.

Then, he goes on to suggest that Coleman will need to backfill the role he just had (associate HC) and suggests he go after Neil Erisman. First, that role was created for Coleman…not really a reason to backfill it. Second, Erisman is killing it at Little Rock…why would he want to leave a head coaching position for an Associate HC position at a school that now has a long term answer at HC? To be a career assistant and not be a head coach??

I’m usually impartial to CP’s videos, but this one made me laugh and really stood out as a “no sh*t, Sherlock” video. 

• Fire 1

At least the turtle let me know is one of the CP solo videos. I hate when I get tricked into clicking on one of those. I've never made it through more than a minute.

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

I’m usually impartial to CP’s videos, but this one made me laugh and really stood out as a “no sh*t, Sherlock” video. 

Stood out as a no sh*t Sherlock video??  That would mean that the video contained thoughts that are obviously true.  And yet it seems that you are disagreeing with most of the statements in the video.  You are not making any sense at all!!!

Are you usually this confusing?  

(Huh, ragging on people for giving their opinion turns out to be pretty easy!)

38 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Stood out as a no sh*t Sherlock video??  That would mean that the video contained thoughts that are obviously true.  And yet it seems that you are disagreeing with most of the statements in the video.  You are not making any sense at all!!!

Are you usually this confusing?  

Hi, CP.

No sh*t, Sherlock…that there is no question Coleman is the next HC. Why create a video titled “CP predicts the next head coach of Oklahoma State” as if there is any question as to who the next HC will be? I’ll tell you why…for clicks. I thought maybe you/Flo had some inside info that would be a reason to question the obvious, but nope…just clickbait.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Are you usually thish confusing?  

he's making perfect sense. He's not disagreeing with anything, he's saying that saying self evident things is poor content, and he's correct.

• Brain 3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

The fixation some of y'all have in Pyles is staggering.  Not all content is for you.   And if you don't want to watch it, nobody makes you do it (or come onto forums to spend more mental energy on this person you claim to hate.)

I don't find his talking head videos super informative, so I don't watch them.  But there are tons of fans who are don't trade anywhere near as much as I do.  Same as politics where there will be people genuinely surprised this year about who is running or what their specific policies are.

HOWEVER, working backward from the OP, the idea being mocked is that they should reach out to othe candidates? Many people, me included, believe they should (not that they will).  Mocking that idea is foolish.  Pop is a better coach than Scott by any metric.  To me, THAT idea is self-evident, that you don't just lock in on one candidate for a job before looking into it,  but for the OP, it apparently isn't, so maybe he needs to watch some more Pyles videos?

• Bob 3
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

Have you seen CP’s latest video where he predicts the next HC of OSU? Genius content.

Joking aside, he suggests OSU should reach out to Pat Pop, Pendleton, Branch, etc. What?! Why would anybody think they’d even consider someone besides Coleman?? Clearly there was an agreement in place, that he had to be comfortable with, for him to give up his job at NC and move his family. After 11 minutes of rambling, he finally “predicts” that Coleman will be the guy.

Of your list, I think only Pat Pop would really be an upgrade over Scott.  Pendleton maybe a wash. But I think they should certainly reach out to Pop if they haven’t already.

But we had this discussion when Scott was first hired.  He’s probably making a comparable salary, living in a lower COL area, and has more family nearby.  And even if he wasn’t promised anything he knew he’d have a shot at taking over.  It wouldn’t have been completely crazy for him to take that job without a promise to be the HC. That said, given the initial reporting saying that which was then retracted, I’m guessing he probably was.

I like Pyles well enough and think he is pretty good at much of what he does - but ok may sometimes strain to create content.  It just so nice to have so much content I am ok if sometimes it is thin in substance. 

3 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

he's making perfect sense. He's not disagreeing with anything, he's saying that saying self evident things is poor content, and he's correct.

Did you read his post?  If so, reread it.  He disagreed with much of what Pyles said.  And yet you say he isn’t disagreeing with anything. 

3 hours ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

Hi, CP.

No sh*t, Sherlock…that there is no question Coleman is the next HC. Why create a video titled “CP predicts the next head coach of Oklahoma State” as if there is any question as to who the next HC will be? I’ll tell you why…for clicks. I thought maybe you/Flo had some inside info that would be a reason to question the obvious, but nope…just clickbait.

Chuckle.  Your opinion is reasonable from your perspective.  I get it.  I simply pointed out an inconsistency in your post.  

I’d also suggest that many many of the folks that subscribe to Flo or otherwise see their content aren’t following the sport as closely as you may think.  I have friends in this boat.  

3 hours ago, VakAttack said:

The fixation some of y'all have in Pyles is staggering.  Not all content is for you.   And if you don't want to watch it, nobody makes you do it (or come onto forums to spend more mental energy on this person you claim to hate.)

I don't find his talking head videos super informative, so I don't watch them.  But there are tons of fans who are don't trade anywhere near as much as I do.  Same as politics where there will be people genuinely surprised this year about who is running or what their specific policies are.

HOWEVER, working backward from the OP, the idea being mocked is that they should reach out to othe candidates? Many people, me included, believe they should (not that they will).  Mocking that idea is foolish.  Pop is a better coach than Scott by any metric.  To me, THAT idea is self-evident, that you don't just lock in on one candidate for a job before looking into it,  but for the OP, it apparently isn't, so maybe he needs to watch some more Pyles videos?

I think the difference between you and I is that I haven’t realized (until now) that his talking head content isn’t very informative. Honestly, my only reason for ever purchasing Flo and keeping an active subscriptions is to 1) watch live content and 2) watch Flo Films. I rarely, rarely watch any of the shows or discussions these guys have. So, I would say that I don’t “hate” CP, because frankly I have seen very little of his stuff.

I think what peeved me about this video is that I thought he had some inside info (which one may assume that if anyone has inside info, it would be a big outlet like Flo), when, come to find out, he didn’t. So, I wasted 12 minutes thinking I was getting something more than the obvious.

But, we all know what assuming does, so it’s my fault for the wasted time.

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, Elevator said:

I like Pyles well enough and think he is pretty good at much of what he does - but ok may sometimes strain to create content.  It just so nice to have so much content I am ok if sometimes it is thin in substance. 

I like Pyles.  But his solo videos are unbearable.  But, they are pretty easy to ignore.

• Bob 1

5 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Chuckle.  Your opinion is reasonable from your perspective.  I get it.  I simply pointed out an inconsistency in your post.  

I’d also suggest that many many of the folks that subscribe to Flo or otherwise see their content aren’t following the sport as closely as you may think.  I have friends in this boat.  

Not to be a jerk at all, because I’m not, but, at least admit that you’re CP. No need to hide behind a username on the internet. It’s ok to say who you are and back up what you say. Nobody is going to lose respect for you…in fact, I have more respect for you if you don’t hide behind a username.

Also, arrogance isn’t becoming. If that’s how you want to roll, that’s ok, but the “chuckle” is just douchey. Maybe that’s a California thing…idk…but for those of us that grew up in the MidWest/South and learned how to have a respectful conversation with people, that isn’t really something that promotes conversation. It just leads to arguments. You’re not any better than anyone here…no reason to attack. I wasn’t attacking in my OP…I was trying to generate conversation.

P.S. If you are CP, you asked for feedback at the end of the video in question. Here’s the feedback.

The chuckle was from you thinking I’m CP.  

And now, I’m guessing, that to feel confident enough to repeat your hypothesis, you must have taken a moment to review my past posts.  I will admit that I’m very curious to hear how you connected these dots.  

And to some of your other points … read the title of this thread.  You’re telling me that the title of this thread mixed with your initial post isn’t an attack on Pyles?  Sure it is, you can admit it.  I’ll respect you more if you do.  

By the way, as you review my past posts, you’ll see I enjoyed KC very much.  Hoping more NCAAs are held there!

Edited by Dark Energy

18 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

And now, I’m guessing, that to feel confident enough to repeat your hypothesis, you must have taken a moment to review my past posts.  I will admit that I’m very curious to hear how you connected these dots.  

And to some of your other points … read the title of this thread.  You’re telling me that the title of this thread mixed with your initial post isn’t an attack on Pyles?  Sure it is, you can admit it.  I’ll respect you more if you do.  

By the way, as you review my past posts, you’ll see I enjoyed KC very much.  Hoping more NCAAs are held there!

your arguments are based on your willingness to misunderstand the arguments you're contending with.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Your arrogance, or at least perceived arrogance based on your writing style, and my impression of Pyles based on his video about predicting the next HC of OSU (which tells me that he believes people need to hear the obvious from him...again, arrogance), made me believe that you are him. If not, my sincerest apologies for my incorrect thinking.

To be honest, it's funny that you think my level of confidence needs the review of your posts to be sufficient; definitely showing your arrogance with that statement. But it's all good. Some people need that to get them through life. If it makes you feel better to think that I need to read your commentary to somehow keep me going each day, please feel free to take that.

Sure, my title of the thread can be perceived as an attack on Pyles.  As I said, when I posted this, I was bothered that a company that I have respect for and perceived to have superior/inside knowledge (part of the reason we pay their annual fee to subscribe) tricked me into watching something that was completely obvious to 99.9% of the wrestling community...yes, I was frustrated.  That tells me that they are after clickbait and I have no reason to watch their "show" content going forward.  Sad, because I'm sure that their content could be decent.  But things like this are not good business practice if you want people to respect you and click on your content.

As mentioned, I get your perspective on the content you reacted to.  All fair.

You keep saying I’m being arrogant.  Ok.  I felt your original post was quite arrogant.  And quite arrogant to assume I was CP based on so little information.  So there.

52 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

your arguments are based on your willingness to misunderstand the arguments you're contending with.

Deflect and weave.  Common tactic.  Like I said, reread the posts.  All is quite clear.

All of this is so stupid. I agree with VakAttack about this ridiculous obsession with Pyles, fueled by idiots like Mineo as if he owns some moral high ground. I think Pyles does good work, he's an excellent match commentator, and from people who know and work with him, I've heard he's a pretty decent guy. Not sure the same can be said for the folks who bad mouth him almost daily (ie Mineo, Kania).

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, BlueWolverine said:

All of this is so stupid. I agree with VakAttack about this ridiculous obsession with Pyles, fueled by idiots like Mineo as if he owns some moral high ground. I think Pyles does good work, he's an excellent match commentator, and from people who know and work with him, I've heard he's a pretty decent guy. Not sure the same can be said for the folks who bad mouth him almost daily (ie Mineo, Kania).

Yeah but is his content good? No one is on here saying they don't like him cause he's a bad guy. And no he's no an excellent match commentator.

8 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Yeah but is his content good? No one is on here saying they don't like him cause he's a bad guy. And no he's no an excellent match commentator.

not too bad though and I would say better than average - and way better than almost all of the ESPN+ commentators in recent years.  I really like Robles, JB, and Ken Chertow.  

31 minutes ago, Elevator said:

not too bad though and I would say better than average - and way better than almost all of the ESPN+ commentators in recent years.  I really like Robles, JB, and Ken Chertow.  

I'd rather listen to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about than someone who does but is terrified of saying anything interesting.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I'd rather listen to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about than someone who does but is terrified of saying anything interesting.

The lack of courage is antithetical to wrestling as a sport

On 4/13/2024 at 11:38 AM, The_KC_Godfather said:

Then, he goes on to suggest that Coleman will need to backfill the role he just had (associate HC) and suggests he go after Neil Erisman. First, that role was created for Coleman…not really a reason to backfill it. Second, Erisman is killing it at Little Rock…why would he want to leave a head coaching position for an Associate HC position at a school that now has a long term answer at HC? To be a career assistant and not be a head coach??

I guess you have never been to that part of Little Rock?! If you do, stop by the Whole Hog Cafe on Cantrell Road and you will be treated to some great bbq!