Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

he will leave for anther school next year

Probably since he will be done wrestling.... BTW Cowboy Homer - Good for Bakersfield for landing someone in the portal. 

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Looks like Heeg to Northern Colorado.

They have a solid dual team.  Only a hole at 141/149 (wherever Alirez isn't) and HWT, potentially.

• Bob 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

54 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Arizona State picks up a 2x NJCAA Champ in Aziz Fayzullaev. U23 Asian champ in ‘22. No idea what he’ll end up being, but interesting nonetheless.

He is wrestling 86kg so hopefully plugs the hole at 197. 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Looks like Heeg to Northern Colorado.

They have a solid dual team.  Only a hole at 141/149 (wherever Alirez isn't) and HWT, potentially.

I had very high hopes for Ben Alanis coming out of high school but he has not seemed to pan out which I find a bit surprising especially considering he is sandwiched between possibly their two best guys.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Truzzcat said:

I had very high hopes for Ben Alanis coming out of high school but he has not seemed to pan out which I find a bit surprising especially considering he is sandwiched between possibly their two best guys.

Honestly, the same can be said (sans the 'two best guys' bit) about Pettigrew yeah?

They have killed the portal the last few years.

1 hour ago, RegularStalling said:

Arizona State picks up a 2x NJCAA Champ in Aziz Fayzullaev. U23 Asian champ in ‘22. No idea what he’ll end up being, but interesting nonetheless.

Badass.

That makes it a Valencia as the odd man out?

6 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Looks like PJ Casale has removed himself from the portal and will be back at Rutgers

Another year in the room with Slav will help him more than getting reps as the #1 at a MAC program.  He will be their guy after Slav.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Another year in the room with Slav will help him more than getting reps as the #1 at a MAC program.  He will be their guy after Slav.

Doubtful unless they have no other option , Casale has dedication and being the life of the party problems, he has wrestled 1 D1 match and 4 total matches in 2 full years at Rutgers..there is a reason he couldn’t find another school to take him . I’d say there is a better chance he’s off the roster then replacing Slav in a year 

• Bob 2

4 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Interesting … It’s  been awhile since an NJCAA champ has done really well at the D1 level. Not sure he can beat out Valencia. Does he have a redshirt? 

Interesting … It’s  been awhile since an NJCAA champ has done really well at the D1 level. Not sure he can beat out Valencia. Does he have a redshirt? 

I’d take a U23 Asian Champ over Cael Valencia even if he was one, maybe even two weight classes below him. Get him in the lineup and get reps.

Valencia is riding his family name really hard these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

2 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Depends on the plan. I could see them bulking up Valencia and seeing what he has up at 197. He can’t be worse than what they had last year.

I would think Aziz wrestles 197. 

56 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I’d take a U23 Asian Champ over Cael Valencia even if he was one, maybe even two weight classes below him. Get him in the lineup and get reps.

ASU looked like dog poop all year until February.  Nobody looked as bad as Valencia up to that point.  They really turned things around and peaked at the right time. Valencia wrestled very good down the stretch. Hopefully he builds off of that. Maybe the most complete lineup of Zeke’s tenure if Larkin goes 157 and Teemer 165. 

15 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Sounds like a sure bet. U23 Asian Champ shows he's  world class on his feet (FS), and 2 time Jr College champ means he knows folkstyle. 

11 hours ago, Le duke said:

I remember when Cael was being touted as a can't miss type guy. 

On 3/27/2024 at 7:27 PM, CHROMEBIRD said:

Maybe we'll see Hamiti up at 285 after he discovers Eskimo Joe's

More likely after he discovers Hideaway Pizza! 

Several years ago I was in Stoolwater messing around and I ran into Dieringer coming out of Hideaway. I yelled at him "Hey Ringer, I'm gonna rat you out to Smith for eating pizza!!". He just laughed and waved. 

• Bob 1

11 hours ago, Idaho said:

What NJCAA champ are you referring to? I know one from the 80's who finished 4th at NCAAs. 

1 hour ago, NM1965 said:

What NJCAA champ are you referring to? I know one from the 80's who finished 4th at NCAAs. 

Yeah, that's been awhile as I said. Perhaps you haven't been watching the landscape of NJCAA wrestling lately. More recently, Isaiah Crosby was a 2x champ at Oregon State. He couldn't break the lineup his first year.  WHen he did he was a decent starter but never qualified for the NCAA.