Transfer Portal

12 hours ago, Idaho said:

I don't know if they are going to re-brand something or not, but Sunkist Kids is over. It's too bad... a lot of history there. There are probably ASU fans on here that can speak more to the plan of what happens next for ASU in terms of an RTC. Yeah....there are a few guys on that team that have pretty high international aspirations. 

The Cejudo’s, the Larkin’s, Zeke, Perry, Molinaro, Joseph and many others still here in Arizona. Still have Martori money. Have a feeling something will be branded. Find it crazy it hasn’t been already. Maybe some legalities to it? A lot of good things going on in AZ for wrestling. 

• Bob 1

26 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

The Cejudo’s, the Larkin’s, Zeke, Perry, Molinaro, Joseph and many others still here in Arizona. Still have Martori money. Have a feeling something will be branded. Find it crazy it hasn’t been already. Maybe some legalities to it? A lot of good things going on in AZ for wrestling. 

I wonder if Valiant will take over as the RTC?

46 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Do they actually still have Martori’s money? I’ve heard drastically different things regarding that.

34 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Do they actually still have Martori’s money? I’ve heard drastically different things regarding that.

I’ve heard they still have his backing, to what extent, I don’t really know. 

On 5/3/2024 at 5:27 PM, poorwrestler said:

I cannot believe this one. An Amine wrestling anywhere other than Michigan will be very strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felt the same about Matt Finesilver to UMich a couple of seasons back.

• Bob 2

Schultz was added and then removed from the portal in WrestleStat.  Minnow indicated that he is no longer in the portal after being a late addition - but as we know- we can't trust what he says most of the time.

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

Schultz was added and then removed from the portal in WrestleStat.  Minnow indicated that he is no longer in the portal after being a late addition - but as we know- we can't trust what he says most of the time.

Richie Figs tweeted hinting that Parco and Schultz are sell-outs.  Schultz aunt fired back.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

5b1b3dd59bbbe4234ef9720c6809b3f6.jpg
Heard the visit went well. Going to be quite the battle to land this guy.

Minnesota seems like a really good place for him. You don't screw with any of the top recruits and you get a 1 year fit who's very likely going to finish top 4 with the very real potential to win it. 

I'd take Kerkvliet, but the PSU room isn't the only place people get better. Heavyweight U...and it'd be great for Hopke. Someone to kick his ass everyday and hopefully he can step in for the '25-'26 season at about 250 after adding ~15LBs of Muscle and...start to contend for NCs.

Minnesota seems like a really good place for him. You don't screw with any of the top recruits and you get a 1 year fit who's very likely going to finish top 4 with the very real potential to win it. 
I'd take Kerkvliet, but the PSU room isn't the only place people get better. Heavyweight U...and it'd be great for Hopke. Someone to kick his ass everyday and hopefully he can step in for the '25-'26 season at about 250 after adding ~15LBs of Muscle and...start to contend for NCs.

Our ace in the hole is Gable possibly coming back to train with the group that’s already there, Hillger, Zillmer, Hopke etc.

• Bob 2

50 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

5b1b3dd59bbbe4234ef9720c6809b3f6.jpg
Heard the visit went well. Going to be quite the battle to land this guy.

Having two (potentially three) Olympians to train with will be difficult for Minny to contend with...

I believe he went in thinking Mizzou was the front-runners.  I think the only one that can trump that is the school that keeps beating him, and I don't mean Penn State... I mean Michigan.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Having two (potentially three) Olympians to train with will be difficult for Minny to contend with...

I believe he went in thinking Mizzou was the front-runners.  I think the only one that can trump that is the school that keeps beating him, and I don't mean Penn State... I mean Michigan.

selfishly I'm hoping its okie state because I think if they could land him and potentially Alirez they would have a very fun team. However, for Wyatts progression Michigan definitely seems like the best landing spot unless gable starts to train at Minnesota again.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

This was on the previous page.... but I will say that as far as the portal announcements this Spring, Minnow has been pretty accurate... where he has been off in the past is his declarations of where guys go from the portal. Stay tuned. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

27 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

selfishly I'm hoping its okie state because I think if they could land him and potentially Alirez they would have a very fun team. However, for Wyatts progression Michigan definitely seems like the best landing spot unless gable starts to train at Minnesota again.

Oh I hear you there, and I absolutely believe he will be a factor wherever he goes...

That said... the pitch of "Remember when you decked Davison two NCAAs ago then he beat you to make the Finals this year?  Yeah... Michigan coaching did that." could be a pretty damn solid pitch.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

He looks better in Orange 😈

Just now, CowboyYe2024 said:

He looks better in Orange 😈

I think both Orange and Maroon looked like dog shite on him.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Oh I hear you there, and I absolutely believe he will be a factor wherever he goes...

That said... the pitch of "Remember when you decked Davison two NCAAs ago then he beat you to make the Finals this year?  Yeah... Michigan coaching did that." could be a pretty damn solid pitch.

Agree.... I have to think that it's 1. Michigan 2. Minny 3. Ok State. You can't beat the training partners at Michigan - guys that are actually competing on World teams. The Minny factor could be Gable coming back to the room...but other than Gable some of those heavies are starting to get up there in terms of going hard with a college kid. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just now, CowboyYe2024 said:

Ok buddy, michigan's camo singlets look like my PJs from when I was 3

Well I sure AF hope they don't use those ones in the promo shoot...

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

Agree.... I have to think that it's 1. Michigan 2. Minny 3. Ok State. You can't beat the training partners at Michigan - guys that are actually competing on World teams. The Minny factor could be Gable coming back to the room...but other than Gable some of those heavies are starting to get up there in terms of going hard with a college kid. 

I fail to see any reasoning as to why Gable would go back to Minnesota.

Did he qualify for an Olympic redshirt this last year?  If he goes back he surely has to wrestle, right?

Unless folks think he will be purely focused on MFS going forward and will go to Minnesota for that (a logical choice, mind you).

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I fail to see any reasoning as to why Gable would go back to Minnesota.

Did he qualify for an Olympic redshirt this last year?  If he goes back he surely has to wrestle, right?

Unless folks think he will be purely focused on MFS going forward and will go to Minnesota for that (a logical choice, mind you).

OSU has a blood round guy to train with

Michigan has Mason Paris at the RTC

OSU is closer to home

Michigan has Lucas Davison