Transfer Portal

4 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Figs and Schultz live together and are very tight. 

The Twitter messages are heating up. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

13 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Appears Zeke got to Figs and had him issue a “clarifying” statement. Too bad, I wish more of these guys would get called out for chasing a bag.

I'm convinced his comments were all about his care and concern  for other teams and their top guys going to the portal. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Appears Zeke got to Figs and had him issue a “clarifying” statement. Too bad, I wish more of these guys would get called out for chasing a bag.

What's wrong with chasing a bag? These young men have very limited time and options to make as much money as possible within the sport of wrestling. We in the working world often "chase the bag." Capitalism at its finest. Pay me or someone else might. I do not like the fact my fav team could be raided at any moment, but these young men desrve to find the best deal possible. Young men are just suppose to turn their backs on 100s of thousands of dollars just to continue to wrestle for the "home team" then go get a job and try to scratch out a living when they graduate?

• Bob 1

5 minutes ago, Camel Wrestling Fan said:

get a job and try to scratch out a living when they graduate?

Hmmm....seems like a degree is what you use so that you get a decent job...unless of course your degree is in the Renaissance and the Renaissance factory isn't hiring. 

• Clown 1

15 minutes ago, Camel Wrestling Fan said:

What's wrong with chasing a bag? These young men have very limited time and options to make as much money as possible within the sport of wrestling. We in the working world often "chase the bag." Capitalism at its finest. Pay me or someone else might. I do not like the fact my fav team could be raided at any moment, but these young men desrve to find the best deal possible. Young men are just suppose to turn their backs on 100s of thousands of dollars just to continue to wrestle for the "home team" then go get a job and try to scratch out a living when they graduate?

From what I know and have heard, the money most of these young men are receiving won’t be anything near life changing. It’ll basically give them one year jump on mid level employment. Loyalty matters, and if you jump ship at the first sight of a few dollars, you are in fact “selling out” and you should be subject to judgement.

8 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Hmmm....seems like a degree is what you use so that you get a decent job...unless of course ...

A man's gotta know his limitations:

sergeant-george-camblair-on-kitchen-poli

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

A man's gotta know his limitations:

sergeant-george-camblair-on-kitchen-poli

Is that the potato peeling degree with a minor in onion peeling? 

5 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

From what I know and have heard, the money most of these young men are receiving won’t be anything near life changing. It’ll basically give them one year jump on mid level employment. Loyalty matters, and if you jump ship at the first sight of a few dollars, you are in fact “selling out” and you should be subject to judgement.

So guys who have put their 4-5 years in,  graduated, want to go to another school for a graduate degree, are going to get paid some money to do it, are selling out?  

21 minutes ago, Idaho said:

So guys who have put their 4-5 years in,  graduated, want to go to another school for a graduate degree, are going to get paid some money to do it, are selling out?  

Given the circumstances, yeah. You’re leaving a group of guys you’ve been through it with and a team that was capable of winning a trophy for a pay out. Is it heinous? No. Is it selling out? Yes. 

28 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Given the circumstances, yeah. You’re leaving a group of guys you’ve been through it with and a team that was capable of winning a trophy for a pay out. Is it heinous? No. Is it selling out? Yes. 

If you want to characterize as selling out in a literal sense that's fine, but I don't agree it's in a way that demonstrates a lack of loyalty and/or integrity.  

It's an obvious choice for someone to prioritize their own career when choosing what university to attend.

31 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Can you please point to the doll where the Bag hurt you, please?

43d.jpg

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Nah...no different than a non-athlete graduating then pursuing a masters at another school that had a better program or even a program at all. Guys leaving a good program early for the money - maybe a sell out. Leaving after you graduate. Nope. 

Besides, looks like Schultz has decided to stay at ASU now... probably upped their offer so they could get him to stay. Is there a term for that? Threatening to leave to get more money, then getting what you want and staying? 

Edited by Idaho

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RegularStalling said:

Pfffft. Here's the deal, why stick around with a bunch of duds if you can go somewhere else and improve?  If I was a young wrestler I'd always be looking to move on to a place where I'd have great practice partners and coaches. It sucks to be the only good wrestler on a team, it's nearly impossible to improve. Plus some of these guys aren't going to start at their current school, like Barraclough, and he could maybe be an All American at another school. Comradery is cool, but everybody wants to be pals with the best wrestler on the team and you can always make pals somewhere else. 

Edited by NM1965