Transfer Portal

Isn’t Salazar a great student? That may be a consideration if he moves in from Minny. He would have plenty of suitors. 

Great student and great person all around. I truly don’t want to see him ever wrestle anywhere else, and I know it’s cliche to say “I’ll root for him wherever he goes” but in this instance I mean it. If he’s an Iowa Hawkeye next year I’d be his biggest fan. But McEnelly and Nelson over him are long term moves I think they have to make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

18 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Where does that team place in the NCAAs?

Top 4? Hamiti could win it at '65.
Cardenas could be in the finals at '97 and win it(I'll take Carroll though).
McGonagle top 5.
Fish, Parco should both be top 5 IMO.

Flynn had a lack luster ncaa tourney. Think he was 1-2. He’ll need to develop offensive if he wants to jump levels. Most of his dual wins were 1-2 points or so. 

And just like that...
Clayton Whiting has transferred to Minnesota!
[mention=394]poorwrestler[/mention], didn't take long

I feel like I cheated lol I felt pretty strongly the Whiting thing was happening. There’s one more I think we get but don’t feel nearly as confident about.

• Bob 1

8 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

I feel like I cheated lol I felt pretty strongly the Whiting thing was happening. There’s one more I think we get but don’t feel nearly as confident about.

unless you are Clayton Whiting and already knew you would commit, I don't considering it cheating.  Instead of waiting until October, we can do it now.  I only said October, because I wasn't sure how long it would take to play out.  Apparently it was less than 24 hours instead of six months.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:00 PM, wjd said:

Still gotta prove he can beat his teammate Ramos. Sources tell me he has had trouble doing that for years.

With Teemer - apparently - moving up to 165 lbs I would think that Larkin or Ramos would be moving up to 157 lbs.  My money would be on Ramos moving up.   That would give ASU the following lineup:

125 - Figueroa

133 - Chlebove

141 - Vasquez OR Ysaguirre

149 - Larkin OR Ramos

157 - Larkin OR Ramos

165 - Teemer

174 - Ruiz

184 - Valencia

197 - Meissner OR Addison

285 - Schultz

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

With Teemer - apparently - moving up to 165 lbs I would think that Larkin or Ramos would be moving up to 157 lbs.  My money would be on Ramos moving up.   That would give ASU the following lineup:

125 - Figueroa

133 - Chlebove

141 - Vasquez OR Ysaguirre

149 - Larkin OR Ramos

157 - Larkin OR Ramos

165 - Teemer

174 - Ruiz

184 - Valencia

197 - Meissner OR Addison

285 - Schultz

Rumblings that Teemer is going the way of Parco…

51 minutes ago, BloodRound said:

HOW MANY MORE YEARS OF SCHULTZ DO WE HAVE LEFT

ASU has a waiver to go from HWT to HWT to age up to 35.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

14 hours ago, flyingcement said:

unless you are Clayton Whiting and already knew you would commit, I don't considering it cheating.  Instead of waiting until October, we can do it now.  I only said October, because I wasn't sure how long it would take to play out.  Apparently it was less than 24 hours instead of six months.

Word it that he was pretty vocal that he was going there at 174 prior to NCAAs. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, BloodRound said:

HOW MANY MORE YEARS OF SCHULTZ DO WE HAVE LEFT

Probably was not a good decision to wrestle at ASU this season... splitting his time the last two years has not been beneficial for him in either style. 

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just now, Thumper said:

The only rumblings I pay attention to are earthquakes and my stomach.

yet you listen to the rumblings of people talking about weight changes...."With Teemer - apparently - moving up to 165 lbs "

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

yet you listen to the rumblings of people talking about weight changes...."With Teemer - apparently - moving up to 165 lbs "

You know he's a ***ducking** idiot who has you blocked.

Not sure how someone could block you.  You're easily Top 3 awesome dude.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I am a big fan of the avatar bet to avoid monetary transactions.  I'll make you an avatar bet if you agree which would go as follows:
1) Askey has already transferred which makes one of your predicted three. 
2) McGonagle, Fish, Hamiti, Delsignore, and Cardenas have already finalizes their decisions elsewhere
3) Flynn, Powe, Parco, Slavikouski are the other undecideds
4) I'll give you Clayton Whiting added to the group above to give you five possible guys - and I will reduce three to two.  
5) So if any of Flynn, Powe, Parco, Whiting or Slavikouski transfer to Minnesota, you choose my avatar for all 31 days of October 2024.  Likewise if all of them dont, I choose yours.  

No money risked- just pride and for the sake of entertainment.  What do you say

I hope I am wrong because I like the Gophers a lot

@flyingcement , I’ve decided that for 30 days you need to have the same exact avatar as Jimmy Cinnabon. Whichever one he has currently, that is. For some reason that’s the funniest thing I could come up with lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

You know he's a ***ducking** idiot who has you blocked.

Not sure how someone could block you.  You're easily Top 3 awesome dude.

Oh yeah.... but now he can't talk back to me. By the way..Bakersfield still has wrestling. 

On 4/6/2024 at 7:34 AM, 1032004 said:

One name I haven’t seen mentioned is Dagen Condomitti, 157 for Oregon State.  He was a top 100 recruit but looks like he hasn’t had any D1 matches through his redshirt + redshirt freshman years 

(Sorry as noted earlier was just a redshirt last year)

34 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

@flyingcement , I’ve decided that for 30 days you need to have the same exact avatar as Jimmy Cinnabon. Whichever one he has currently, that is. For some reason that’s the funniest thing I could come up with lol

That is some hilarious and outside the box thinking.  I will change it as soon as I remember how.  You get 31 days also - I don't want to see you get ripped off here.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

we've seen more portal entrants from NDSU.  First is Fernando Barreto, a sophomore at 133 whose best win last year was over SDSU's Derrick Cardinal.  Next from NDSU is Devon Dawson - ranked 31st at heavyweight by wrestlestat.  He spent his first two years at Pratt Community College and only one year and NDSU.  

Another heavyweight that entered the portal was Peter Ming of Stanford.  

Buffalo and North Dakota State both with double-digit outgoing transfers this year as well as double-digit net transfer deficit.  

I knew it was coming and still did a double take thinking this was Jimmy C lol

• Haha 3