Transfer Portal

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

What weight range is he forecast to be

Hes a heavyweight.  He’s also a Monster Garagr kid with Valencia so that is a huge flip!  Would not be surprised to see Manville leave as well. He’s a DT guy. 

Edited by Idaho
  • Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

What weight range is he forecast to be

285. Got decked by Big Jim Mullen at the U20 US Open finals while losing 8-6.

Beat Aden Attao 10-9 in the semis.

He’s really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 2

8 hours ago, Gus said:

Not necessarily transfer portal but Niko Sahakian has flipped from his commitment from ASU to Michigan. 

I wonder what happens with Jude Correa, he was committed to Michigan and is projected to Heavyweight. Does he intend to go 197 now? That must mean De’Alcapon Veazy, who is also committed to Michigan who is from Ponderosa, is going 184? I thought Veazy was projected at 197. Does this mean one of the decommits? Or 

184 - Veazy , 197 - Correa, HWT - Sanko ?

Or does one flip their commitment? 

28 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

I wonder what happens with Jude Correa, he was committed to Michigan and is projected to Heavyweight. Does he intend to go 197 now? That must mean De’Alcapon Veazy, who is also committed to Michigan who is from Ponderosa, is going 184? I thought Veazy was projected at 197. Does this mean one of the decommits? Or 

They also have Hayden Walters at 197. 

47 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Walters is going to be the 197lber.  I would wager we see him take matches at 285 this year as well for the team.

It will be between him and Jenkins for the HWT position this season.  Unless Walters shows he is 'that guy' despite being up a weight, I don't see how HWT isn't a 11-14 seed come B1Gs.  I had (HAVE) high hopes for Jenkins, but the eye test is telling me that he just hasn't added the appropriate size like Parris and Coon did after their Frosh seasons, respectively.

Veazy should be aiming for 184lbs regardless.  Walters should own whatever weight of 197/285 he chooses.

Correa should target whatever weight Walters isn't going post-Cardenas.  If he is to go HWT, then he needs to start ascending now.  If it is 197lbs he needs to start descending now and planning for that.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Walters is going to be the 197lber.  I would wager we see him take matches at 285 this year as well for the team.

It will be between him and Jenkins for the HWT position this season.  Unless Walters shows he is 'that guy' despite being up a weight, I don't see how HWT isn't a 11-14 seed come B1Gs.  I had (HAVE) high hopes for Jenkins, but the eye test is telling me that he just hasn't added the appropriate size like Parris and Coon did after their Frosh seasons, respectively.

Veazy should be aiming for 184lbs regardless.  Walters should own whatever weight of 197/285 he chooses.

Correa should target whatever weight Walters isn't going post-Cardenas.  If he is to go HWT, then he needs to start ascending now.  If it is 197lbs he needs to start descending now and planning for that.

Have you heard much on Walters? He didn't wrestle a match in his redshirt. I am guessing injury. I agree - probably going to be heavyweight by committee between mostly Jenkins, Walters, Sak to see who goes to the BIG 

8 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Ugly last couple months for ASU. Bummer. Was nice to have a national level team on the west coast.

You still have Manville coming in next season right? He hasnt flipped his commitment yet?

9 hours ago, Le duke said:

285. Got decked by Big Jim Mullen at the U20 US Open finals while losing 8-6.

Beat Aden Attao 10-9 in the semis.

He’s really good.

Yes, he is very talented. Will be the #1 heavyweight in his class. CIF state runner up last year to Cody Merrill 

29 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Have you heard much on Walters? He didn't wrestle a match in his redshirt. I am guessing injury. I agree - probably going to be heavyweight by committee between mostly Jenkins, Walters, Sak to see who goes to the BIG 

Sak won't be on campus until 2025-26.

Jenkins may beat some wrestlers Walters won't because he is a full 230-235lbs, but Walters at 220-230 while being a 'true' 197lber won't beat some of the huge 285lbers.  I might be wrong, but his style lends itself to being able to finish cleanly on his shots, which he won't be able to so much against those B1G bigs once they drop their tonnage on him.

Walters was beat up yesteryear.  I didn't think it was severe, but he had a boot on when I visited just before the season started (you could see it in a few pictures they had posted about their frosh last year, too).  I think he has that potential to be special, as it were.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

AJ Heeg has entered the portal from Oklahoma State

Hmmmm....interesting. How does that play out that the portal is closed and it's beyond the 30 day coaching change? 

Hmmmm....interesting. How does that play out that the portal is closed and it's beyond the 30 day coaching change? 

Maybe the portal is open again for Okie State, due to new coach arriving?

I mean, the rules as written make no sense if you can’t leave when a new coach comes on board.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Maybe the portal is open again for Okie State, due to new coach arriving?

I mean, the rules as written make no sense if you can’t leave when a new coach comes on board.

I thought it was 30 days from when John Smith announced his retirement. Not from when DT was hired. 

55 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

AJ Heeg has entered the portal from Oklahoma State

He flipped from OU last year but didn't get the gig over Brayden Thompson. Right move for Heeg. Feel bad but hope the best for him. Hopefully Little Rock is his next school. Bringing in Amine, Hamiti and still having BT and Plott is just saying leave.

3 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

He flipped from OU last year but didn't get the gig over Brayden Thompson. Right move for Heeg. Feel bad but hope the best for him. Hopefully Little Rock is his next school. Bringing in Amine, Hamiti and still having BT and Plott is just saying leave.

or VT since we stole Amine

1 hour ago, TNwrestling said:

I thought it was 30 days from when John Smith announced his retirement. Not from when DT was hired. 

It is.... it's been long over. 

23 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

True. I would wager that John Smith's official exit wasn't the day he announced his retirement, so the 30-day window didn't start when we all thought it did.