2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships - Session 1

nhs67

2 minutes ago, lightweight said:

I'll say.  28 seed Simma beats 5 seed Harvard's Conig  7-0.   

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Simma working on a major over Conigliaro

My man's cutting too much weight, late season nose dive is a major flashing neon sign saying too much weight cutting.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Mesenbrink looked a little out of sorts to start (first NCAA jitters?) but has settled in nicely. Tough to see anybody on that bottom side coming close to him.

Julian Ramirez didn't look very impressive, either. Pretty sure he's gonna get smoked by Messenbrink if he gets to him.

12 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Simma working on a major over Conigliaro

11 minutes ago, lightweight said:

I'll say.  28 seed Simma beats 5 seed Harvard's Conig  7-0.   

So much for my feel-good story for the tournament this year.  Had Conigliaro AA'ing when I didn't see many thinking so...

*throws out 174 bracket*

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Starocci looked gassed.  And he gave up the first TD of the year...looks like sitting out Big 10s was the right call.

Stop the sandbagging. Your posts are an embarrassment to this name. Either post in earnest or leave. Actually, just ***ducking** leave.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Kennedy tried to stall the entire third period out with that RT point, he deserved to lose.   Gross.

Yes he did...every year is the same thing with Iowa.  Keep it close, no shots and then lose in the 3rd.  It is getting pretty old.

1 minute ago, hawkguy said:

Kennedy more than likely won't place. If he makes the blood round. He will have either starocci or lewis

That's a bummer.  Hope he makes it through somehow, lewis and starocci have 1/2 of a good knee between them.

2 minutes ago, Twooooo said:

Yes he did...every year is the same thing with Iowa.  Keep it close, no shots and then lose in the 3rd.  It is getting pretty old.

IOWA STYLE isn't going out of style any time soon, bud.  Get used to it.