The First Annual Dark Horse Derby Challenge

image.thumb.png.fbefc37bf1ae8c6238f810145511338b.png

• 80 of 170 dark horses have been taken to the glue factory.
  • But that means there are still 90 stallions alive and kicking.
  • Of the 90, a mere 3 survive on the top side as quarterfinalists - Vance Vombaur (141 MINN), Jared Simma (174 UNI), and David Key (184 NAVY) take a bow. Who will be the last man standing?
  • And who will make the backside run? It is tight at the top with exactly half the field within 3 points of the lead.
  • Sorry @Idaho, it looks like the world is winning.
  • But at lest you have @Gambatte to keep you company. And, neither of you are out of it.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

image.thumb.png.fbefc37bf1ae8c6238f810145511338b.png

• 80 of 170 dark horses have been taken to the glue factory.
  • But that means there are still 90 stallions alive and kicking.
  • Of the 90, a mere 3 survive on the top side as quarterfinalists - Vance Vombaur (141 MINN), Jared Simma (174 UNI), and David Key (184 NAVY) take a bow. Who will be the last man standing?
  • And who will make the backside run? It is tight at the top with exactly half the field within 3 points of the lead.
  • Sorry @Idaho, it looks like the world is winning.
  • But at lest you have @Gambatte to keep you company. And, neither of you are out of it.

Is it easy to include a column with the number of live ponies each has remaining?  

It is worth noting that only @Jimmy Cinnabon has all ten wrestlers still wrestling this morning.

And only @lu1979 (David Key) and @Idaho (Vance Vombaur) have someone left on the topside. So while they are looking up at the pack for now, there are a lot of points to be had.

Alternatively, let's pour one out for Jared Simma. We of little faith. Not a one of us had him among our ten. So dark a horse that no one saw him coming.

It is worth noting that only @Jimmy Cinnabon has all ten wrestlers still wrestling this morning.

And only @lu1979 (David Key) and @Idaho (Vance Vombaur) have someone left on the topside. So while they are looking up at the pack for now, there are a lot of points to be had.

Alternatively, let's pour one out for Jared Simma. We of little faith. Not a one of us had him among our ten. So dark a horse that no one saw him coming.

Well since I took all Pac 12 guys I am not sure I have Vance Vombauer going...

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

I want my money back!

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I checked with customer service. They said they have outsourced payments to Flo.

I want your money, too.

11 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

@ionel add this to the docket

Good thing long off season, give us time to deal with all the legal issues.   👨‍⚖️

Man, was it a rough day in the Know Nothing corporate headquarters. The place was swarming with auditors. I got the full math proctological, and let me tell you there were some irregularities.

I thought I was looking at some serious jail time. But, I was able to find a fall guy, er, the culprit. Besides, my son could use the structure and discipline. Hell, he should be thanking me.

Unfortunately, though they told me I had to fix all my typos (which cost me 2.5 points - talk about unfair) and return all the money. Keep a close eye on the mailbox. The money will come in the form of credit for future contests and discounts on some topnotch WKN swag. I mean, I am going to lose money on everything you buy, but for you fine folk, I am willing to suffer.

Heading into the There Will Be Blood Round this is what the new standings look like:

image.thumb.png.9b9f5bd93b11bfaa0770f837a2cec9d4.png