I am done with "Glory be to..."

4 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

It's not that unfathomable.  There's the theory of the multiverse.  It's a respected theory that many of the brightest minds in science promote.  It can never be tested nor could we ever go there but if you ask your local Joe Shmoe if its real they'll tell you it's possible without being ridiculed 

Are you talking about the Spider Verse?

15 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

I want an Aaron Brooks, Greg Kerkvliet podcast to follow. In the 6,000 years that this planet has been around, that’d be one of the greatest things man could possibly see. 

God would be super pumped about that 

• Haha 1
  • Wrestle 1

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Not accurate. They haven't practiced together in quite some time.

Thats because David "Descartes" Taylor preaches against far side underhooks but Brooks has a firm wide stance against false prophets and sees his 4 world titles as the mark of the beast of the east.

• Haha 2

i am an idiot on the internet

10 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Thats because David "Descartes" Taylor preaches against far side underhooks but Brooks has a firm wide stance against false prophets and sees his 4 world titles as the mark of the beast of the east.

I want to kindly remind everybody that Aaron Brooks said his underhooks came from the Lord, and about Yazdani, “where’d he get his underhooks? Some club coach?” This is one of the greatest things I’ve heard in a wrestling interview.

Braeden Davis’s interview is up there now. Hammering everybody with “I don’t know”s. Just putting the journalists through their final exam. So bad it’s good. And these are seasoned interviewers who have practiced being stonewalled by Cael for over a decade. Still couldn’t squeeze a drop of info from Davis. Damn. Bet that double he buried McKee with in the last second came from the Lord and not some club coach. He’s keeping his cards close though. Not letting anybody know where he got that double leg. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

I want to kindly remind everybody that Aaron Brooks said his underhooks came from the Lord, and about Yazdani, “where’d he get his underhooks? Some club coach?” This is one of the greatest things I’ve heard in a wrestling interview.

Braeden Davis’s interview is up there now. Hammering everybody with “I don’t know”s. Just putting the journalists through their final exam. So bad it’s good. And these are seasoned interviewers who have practiced being stonewalled by Cael for over a decade. Still couldn’t squeeze a drop of info from Davis. Damn. Bet that double he buried McKee with in the last second came from the Lord and not some club coach. He’s keeping his cards close though. Not letting anybody know where he got that double leg. 

I love a good cringeworthy video of a guy who is obviously terrified of giving interviews 😄

8 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Carl is Mormon and only knows ankle picks. Therefore AB's underhooks and Davis's double leg proves that John Smith was a false prophet. The one is Oklahoma is too, but we aren't talking about him.

2 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I love a good cringeworthy video of a guy who is obviously terrified of giving interviews 😄

Davis is clearly a good kid - humble, hard working, focused. Just a little soft spoken. Only thing softer than his words are those two big baby soft cheeks of his that hide the fact that he’s got man strength. It’s so deceptive. Everybody probably thinks they’re going to muscle him around - Barnett made that mistake, McKee, that homeless guy from Michigan he wrestled twice. By the time they realize he’s a shapeshifter, it’s too damn late. 

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

Carl is Mormon and only knows ankle picks. Therefore AB's underhooks and Davis's double leg proves that John Smith was a false prophet. The one is Oklahoma is too, but we aren't talking about him.

Jesus…you just sent me scrambling for ways to help figure this connection out. Just realized it’s Joseph Smith, not John. You owe Cael an apology. 

3 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Jesus…you just sent me scrambling for ways to help figure this connection out. Just realized it’s Joseph Smith, not John. You owe Cael an apology. 

Nah i already cleared the air on that

28 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

First point - I forgot about that, lmao. 

Second point, where can I find the interview?! 

4 hours ago, Rassling said:

It’s a free country where free speech sets us apart from other nations. Why hate, celebrate!

Free speech under the 1st amendment protects you from the govt coming after you if you speak out against them. It doesn't give you carte blanche to just say whatever you want when you want. 

Edited by TNwrestling

4 hours ago, pokemonster said:

Aaron Brooks is insufferable on the mic each and every time, he makes himself look like a complete dumbass and anyone who isn't thumping their own Bible at the time knows it. The stuff he said after his last championship was ridic and the fact the NCAA deleted his interview from their tweets immediately due to backlash proves it. If he wasn't talking about God or Jesus, he'd probably be preaching about how the earth is flat. 

Doesn't make wrestlers relatable or fun to the masses when every time they get a mic in their face on National TV they use it to preach to the audience. Shut up and promote the sport. 

I don't get this "ergg, don't matter. nothing matters when you think about it" approach either. Let's hear some good ole fashioned wrestling talk about how the wrestler gritted it out and whatnot. 

so the NCAA's comfort with someone's statement is the barometer for whether someone is "insufferable" or not? I dunno, didn't the NCAA let a man swim against women in their championship recently? If that is your barometer, you are in real trouble. Talking about God or Jesus equates to being a flat earther for you? That is a bizarre take, when most of the world believes in God and most of the world believes in the round earth. You have a lot going on in that head of yours and I hope your anger online isn't indicative of who you really are off of the internet. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, TNwrestling said:

Free speech under the 1st amendment protects you from the govt coming after you if you speak out against them. It doesn't give you carte blanche to just say whatever you want when you want. 

With a few exceptions, it actually does give you carte blanche to say whatever you want. Now, that doesn't mean there might not be social consequences, but there will be no legal ones. And, its up to the speaker to decide their comfort level with the social consequences. 

42 minutes ago, lisa morales said:

Get right with our Lord or suffer the consequences.

Word. And since God is not beholden to the will of man, even those who do get right with the Lord will suffer the consequences.

It’s their moment to shine and they earned it…. As long as they don’t say anything derogatory towards someone, if someone doesn’t like it in one ear and out of the other 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Bob 1

8 hours ago, JuanMogen said:

In the beginning, Coach Cael Sanderson created the foundation of a wrestling dynasty at Penn State. The program was without form and void, and darkness was over the surface of the mat. 

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be technique," and there was technique. Coach saw that the technique was good, and he separated the high-percentage moves from the low-percentage ones. He called the high-percentage moves "effective" and the low-percentage ones he did not use. And there was practice, and there was recovery—the first day.

Then Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be a culture in the midst of the team, and let it separate wrestlers with a growth mindset from those without." So Coach made the culture and separated the wrestlers who learned from every match from those who did not. And it was so. And there was drilling, and there was conditioning—the second day.

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let the wrestlers under the team bring forth victories, accolades, and champions after their kind." And it was so. The mat brought forth wrestlers like Aaron Brooks, who dominated with skill and heart, and the team saw that it was good. And there was scouting, and there was strategizing—the third day.

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be stars in the sky of the Bryce Jordan Center to give light to the fans." And he set Casey Cunningham in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the mat, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the spirit of victory from defeat. And Coach saw that it was good. And there was anticipation, and there was triumph—the fourth day.

Thus, the mat and the heavens and all their array were completed. And on the seventh day, Coach Sanderson finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. Coach Sanderson blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

This is the account of the heavens and the mat when they were created, in the day that Coach Cael Sanderson and his team of wrestlers made them.

Amen!  Great stuff, Juan!