Non-Binary Student Beaten In a Bathroom

8 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Yes it is.  The girl needed help and didn’t get it.  However, the official story, the truth, bears no resemblance to the insinuation of your OP.  And as long as people like you continue to act like you, the problem will never be resolved. 

He doesn’t care about being wrong as long as he’s pushing his agenda. 

20 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Yes it is.  The girl needed help and didn’t get it.  However, the official story, the truth, bears no resemblance to the insinuation of your OP.  And as long as people like you continue to act like you, the problem will never be resolved. 

On 2/22/2024 at 8:19 AM, ThreePointTakedown said:

Dies soon after. 

Tell me what was insinuated by three words that, from the begin, were true in every sense?

5 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Tell me what was insinuated by three words that, from the begin, were true in every sense?

On 2/22/2024 at 2:11 PM, ThreePointTakedown said:

A few fair points. 

I think the word 'defect' stands out a bit. As if it is bad or that person is inferior for having been born this way. It could very well be a benefit in the long run that these conditions become more normal. 

Not sure its necessarily a mental health issue across the board. Some people are perfectly happy expressing their gender as different from how they were assigned at birth. With no ill effects, mentally. 

Not sure that analogy fits. You're not asking someone to celebrate you dunking a ball when you clearly haven't done it. Transgender people are asking that they are not harassed for not wanting to dunk the ball even though they 'clearly' can. 

Have you heard the expression, 'If everything is a priority then nothing is.'? It seems as if that is what you're advocating for. All those other things are wrong and should and hopefully are being investigated. Are you questioning the reason for this post because you are uncomfortable with the subject matter?  A reason for this post would be two fold: 1. that this is happening. We might not know for sure the reason for this attack, but people have and are being attacked for no reason other than they buck the norm and make people uncomfortable as being transgender. Lawmakers in Oklahoma saying that transgender people ARE mentally ill, which you mentioned. That carries a stigma to it as if they are dangerous and need to be separated from society for their and our benefit.  2. Although the numbers are growing, akin to when gay individuals started feeling safer to come out and more were found to have always existed, they still represent a vanishingly small number of people. Those people find push back, sometimes violently, for merely choosing to exist in far too many places. And state governments look to target transgender people by disallowing them access to health care options. 

What about the thousands of kids that are beaten in school?   Where is the sympathy for them?   Where is the sympathy for the girl that got her head bashed in on the sidewalk in a brutal attack.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyYzvFtNXs4  

Oh yeah, it was only a white girl that got bashed and a black girl that did the bashing.   No need to look further into that. 

And that there reflects the hypocrisy of identity politics. 

mspart

Edited by mspart

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

What about the thousands of kids that are beaten in school?   Where is the sympathy for them?   Where is the sympathy for the girl that got her head bashed in on the sidewalk in a brutal attack.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyYzvFtNXs4  

Oh yeah, it was only a white girl that got bashed and a black girl that did the bashing.   No need to look further into that. 

And that there reflects the hypocrisy of identity politics. 

mspart

I am quite sure if you ask people who are upset about Nex situation are already upset with bullying in school. Nex gained more traction because they are trans and politicians are actively trying to legislate their lives so people see what happened and it gains traction. I have seen many posts on social media about being sympathetic for the girl who got jumped as well as many news articles so where are you seeing people ignoring or applauding what happened to the girl in Missouri? The main girl who jumped the victim in Missouri is already in custody while nex's attackers who also bashed their head against the floor are not in custody but I guess you can chalk that up to identity politics like you said

I'm talking about TPT.  He feigns concern for Nex but that's it. 

The MI AG is livid about this and wants the perp on trial as an adult.   Hopefully the victim recovers fully and has no serious life altering physical or mental effects from this. 

mspart

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

while nex's attackers who also bashed their head against the floor are not in custody but I guess you can chalk that up to identity politics like you said

Do you know this?  Do you have the police report or school report?  Or is there other documentation?  I haven't seen this reported but could've missed it.  Please reference, thanks.

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

... while nex's attackers who also bashed their head against the floor are not in custody but I guess you can chalk that up to identity politics like you said

Yes, nex's head did not apparently get bashed in.   Preliminary autopsy results showed death was not a result of trauma. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/02/22/nex-benedict-case-oklahoma/72695904007/

As police continued Thursday to probe the death of an Oklahoma teen who died a day after being involved in a fight that broke out in a high school bathroom, authorities announced a preliminary autopsy showed the student's death was not the result of "trauma."

In fact her death was by suicide. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nex-benedict-suicide-death-oklahoma-student-lgbtq-rcna143298

The medical examiner’s report listed probable cause of death as “combined toxicity” from two drugs, one of which is available over the counter and the other by prescription.

So there goes the theory that Nex was bashed to death.   Unfortunately for her, she took her own life either on purpose or by accident.   That is a tragedy in and of itself.   But to her death being ascribed with her being beaten is false.   Now the bathroom incident could have had a hand in her decision to take those drugs, or not, but it was not the cause of death.

mspart

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, braves121 said:

I am quite sure if you ask people who are upset about Nex situation are already upset with bullying in school. Nex gained more traction because they are trans and politicians are actively trying to legislate their lives so people see what happened and it gains traction. I have seen many posts on social media about being sympathetic for the girl who got jumped as well as many news articles so where are you seeing people ignoring or applauding what happened to the girl in Missouri? The main girl who jumped the victim in Missouri is already in custody while nex's attackers who also bashed their head against the floor are not in custody but I guess you can chalk that up to identity politics like you said

No trauma.  You’re wrong a lot. 

• Bob 1

15 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

No trauma.  You’re wrong a lot. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nex-benedict-suicide-death-oklahoma-student-lgbtq-rcna143298

trauma was not cause of death suicide was, where did I say this? albeit trauma was not cause of death Nex still suffered head injuries 

An attorney for the Benedict family, Jacob Biby, said in a statement Thursday that Nex's loved ones don't want the suicide ruling to overshadow other findings by the medical examiner, which include multiple contusions, lacerations and abrasions on his head and neck.

22 minutes ago, braves121 said:

trauma was not cause of death suicide was, where did I say this? albeit trauma was not cause of death Nex still suffered head injuries 

An attorney for the Benedict family, Jacob Biby, said in a statement Thursday that Nex's loved ones don't want the suicide ruling to overshadow other findings by the medical examiner, which include multiple contusions, lacerations and abrasions on his head and neck.

Yep. Suicide. No trauma 

58 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Contusions, lacerations, and abrasions - bruises, scratches, scrapes.  You won’t get through childhood -or a cat fight - without them. 

13 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Maybe you.

That's hilarious. So you agree that one person might benefit from it. So it shouldn't be eliminated entirely. Glad we agree. 

Its cute that you think its funny. I'll bet you chuckled to yourself a bit when you thought it up. Smacks of early 90's kids calling each other the f word, the other one. May have been innocent when you're a kid and don't know better. You have no excuse or you might considering other conversations and comments you've made.

Mildly transphobic. Glad you can be your best self on this forum. Say the things you really think. 

10 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Not as a minor

Glad you're weighing in. But medical professionals disagree with you. England is rolling it back for now. Glad they kept the door open for case-by-case basis. Which should be the norm. So glad every case may be allowed to continue with their preferred line of treatment. 

How is it you cannot see yourself on the wrong side of history? Every marginalized community in the history of this country that has had to fight for their legitimacy has won and everyone that fought against them, struggled with the weight of their unjustified opposition(and it always is unjustified). Some made it through the other side and some doubled down on their hate.  

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

That's hilarious. So you agree that one person might benefit from it. So it shouldn't be eliminated entirely. Glad we agree. 

Its cute that you think its funny. I'll bet you chuckled to yourself a bit when you thought it up. Smacks of early 90's kids calling each other the f word, the other one. May have been innocent when you're a kid and don't know better. You have no excuse or you might considering other conversations and comments you've made.

Mildly transphobic. Glad you can be your best self on this forum. Say the things you really think. 

Glad you're weighing in. But medical professionals disagree with you. England is rolling it back for now. Glad they kept the door open for case-by-case basis. Which should be the norm. So glad every case may be allowed to continue with their preferred line of treatment. 

How is it you cannot see yourself on the wrong side of history? Every marginalized community in the history of this country that has had to fight for their legitimacy has won and everyone that fought against them, struggled with the weight of their unjustified opposition(and it always is unjustified). Some made it through the other side and some doubled down on their hate.  

Here you go again...because I don't think minors should be receiving puberty blocking drugs because they feel like they may be a different gender equals I am on the wrong side of history and somehow diminishing the legitimacy of a marginalized community???  How and why in the heck do you always jump to these stupid conclusions?  Because I think it is biologically stupid and unsafe to administer these types of drugs in no way says anything about how I feel/treat/act towards those people that feel they are the opposite sex as to what they were born.  I have a ton of empathy for those kids...I hope they get the mental health they need.  I don't think they should be treated any different than anyone else.  I don't think they should be teased or bullied (both things I absolutely HATE).  So once again stop with your idiotic assertations. 

So back to the initial point...how do "medical professionals disagree with me"??  Please explain this comment.

• Bob 1

10 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

How Dare You Greta GIF

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

There's not one person that could benefit from this kind of care? 

What kind of care?  Chemical Castration?   That kind of care?  

You are talking about treating normal human beings with treatments meant for real physical maladies.   Gender dysphoria is a psychological malady that is best dealt with via counseling, not drugs.   Certainly not surgical procedures. 

What you are saying is that a kid of 13 can make this decision where he/she cannot make the decision to get a gun, get a driver's license, buy alcohol, vote.   But why?  Because they are not mentally developed enough to make those decisions and that is scientific.   But they are definitely mentally developed and mature enough to make this gender  decision that if followed through with drugs like this, they will have negative repercussions the rest of their lives. 

Following these policies does not reduce the amount of counseling needed.    In fact it increases it.   It doesn't reduce psychological problems.   I probably adds to them.   The kids  need to talk and discuss.   Counsel.   They don't need to be ruined with barbaric drugs and procedures.   That is monstrous. 

mspart