Kueter

3 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

This is so very true.

The wrestling community really doesn't have a good understanding of how BIG football players are.  With the exception of a few defensive ends aside, Linebackers are almost uniformly the scariest guys on the field, both physically and mentally.  Keuter is a 30% away from filling into that size.  That sort of size takes time, and it takes rest.  

30%?  I'm not sure what kind of math you are doing, but the kid is around 230.  Another 30% is almost 70 lbs! No one wants a linebacker to weigh 300.  Not happening.

26 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

30%?  I'm not sure what kind of math you are doing, but the kid is around 230.  Another 30% is almost 70 lbs! No one wants a linebacker to weigh 300.  Not happening.

Sorry, I didn't finish my thought😄. He's got to put on 30% more muscle mass, not total body mass, that would be absolutely bananas.  

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

I think being in the top 2 on the depth chart and actually playing a snap comes before these goals. 

I agree with this but my point is more about his plans than his ability to pull them off (more power to him if he can).   Right now, he appears to plan on playing football for 5 years and wrestling for 5 years both part time.   If he has any aspirations to play in the NFL (seems likely if he is sticking with football), his best interest would be to prepare for the draft process.   

Hopefully I am wrong and he pulls it off, wins a Natty his senior year and then gets drafted in the NFL.

14 hours ago, jchapman said:

And, interestingly, that player never started a game at Iowa.

Not one snap... which is interesting since he could have played in several games and kept his redshirt. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

16 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Not one snap... which is interesting since he could have played in several games and kept his redshirt. 

I was referring to Lukas Van Ness who red shirted his freshman year, and then did not start, but played well enough to be 2nd team All Big Ten and the first round draft pick of the Packers.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

I was referring to Lukas Van Ness who red shirted his freshman year, and then did not start, but played well enough to be 2nd team All Big Ten and the first round draft pick of the Packers.

Ahhh... noted. 

On a side note since I have. you here, Idaho kid who I have known for quite a while is heading to Wisconsin. Hope he does well there. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

On 3/4/2024 at 12:43 PM, Gus said:

He would need to put on about 80 pounds to be a Big 10 offensive tackle haha. 

Lmao, he'd get absolutely smoked at offensive tackle. I think he's got the build for a linebacker, just needs to put on some more weight (I think he's still 220ish). 

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

Ahhh... noted. 

On a side note since I have. you here, Idaho kid who I have known for quite a while is heading to Wisconsin. Hope he does well there. 

cheese potato  🤔

3 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Doesn't really make sense to sit Keuter unless he legit lost to Hill, right? Probably means he wasn't going to score many points then. 

He could have scored but points weren't assured. That's a case where you redshirt. Kueter checked a lot of boxes this year in half a season. He won't be able to maximize his potential if he's playing football in the Fall but pretty impressive he basically beat 2 NQs this year starting his season in January. He loses weight FAST in the wrestling room (pretty sure the LB coach for Iowa said he was planning to prioritize getting to 240 for football and he was right back down to 220 weigh in for his first match) 

12 hours ago, macwoodfleet said:

Quite honestly, kid is costing himself a ton of money not focusing on football 

You think Nichols isn't underwriting his dual-sport foray?

i am an idiot on the internet

Everyone will know after next football season where Keuter will fall. If he is a legit football prospect all of the two-sport praise will end, and Ferentz will say decide. If he is in the football plans beyond special teams they will need him 100% focused.

I am also of the why save redshirts especially now the way they give out extra medical years.