PSU 191, Iowa 16 - that big a difference in takedowns?

AgaveMaria

Watching PSU at Iowa I heard one of the announcers say that the Penn State wrestlers(in this dual) had 191 takedowns so far this season while the Iowa wrestlers had a grand total of 16.

Is this accurate?

I know Iowa seems to rely on stall & pray while trying to be UberGrinders - but a difference of 175 takedowns so far in the season?  That is a difference that is difficult to believe.

Did not count the number of takedowns in each match during the dual. What is the total on this one?

How can Iowa fall so far in a basic offensive move?

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

11 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

Watching PSU at Iowa I heard one of the announcers say that the Penn State wrestlers(in this dual) had 191 takedowns so far this season while the Iowa wrestlers had a grand total of 16.

Is this accurate?

I know Iowa seems to rely on stall & pray while trying to be UberGrinders - but a difference of 175 takedowns so far in the season?  That is a difference that is difficult to believe.

Did not count the number of takedowns in each match during the dual. What is the total on this one?

How can Iowa fall so far in a basic offensive move?

You heard something wrong. Iowa is 10-2 in duals this year. You don't win 10 with only 16 TDs.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

the said PSU has 191 tds compared to 16 given up.

Makes more sense. Listening to it during a match I must have missed that with my ears so full of Resilite...

Edited by AgaveMaria

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Just now, AgaveMaria said:

Makes more sense. Listening to it during a match I must have missed that with my ears so full of Resolite...

when i'm miserable and have no friends and sweat all the time and never sleep i always tremble on a resilite mat.

• Haha 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

they said PSU has 191 tds compared to 16 given up.

3 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Makes more sense. 

Wouldn't this be a good time to check out that hide function?  😉

• Fire 1