Braeden Davis lost

I am also not a PSU fan but ultimately it will count as a win and not effecting seeding in anyway also kinda evens out the illegal cutback Vinnie hit on him at dapper dan I guess. I just think this reaction time thing is crazy I personally did not think it was even a position where danger needed to be counted I thought he was on his back long enough that it was just a takedown.

• Fire 3

30 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Yes the other coaches should take note of how being considered the best wrestler in American history and running the current dynasty garners favoritism from the fan boy or intimidated refs. 

They get a lot of trash calls. They get dang near ALL the 50/50 calls. Your Cael is quiet logical fallacy isn't worth attention.

I don’t think his wrestling accomplishments have anything to do with it.  Does John Smith get a lot of trash calls too?   I wouldn’t say Cael being relatively quiet on the bench necessarily helps him, but I could understand if acting like an idiot like guys like Brands, Manning and Bono do might make refs NOT want to give them 50/50 calls.

Can you provide some examples of other “trash” calls?  A couple that come to mind for me are Hidlay/Nolf and Max Dean the year he won.  But those are things you can probably count on one hand over a period of like 5 years.

• Fire 1

There are controversial and bad calls in every sport at every level. It’s a good reason to not put too much stock on the results of what is — in the end — a game. Try going outside, or learning a new skill, or reconnecting with your wives, or finally going to therapy. 

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t think his wrestling accomplishments have anything to do with it.  Does John Smith get a lot of trash calls too?   I wouldn’t say Cael being relatively quiet on the bench necessarily helps him, but I could understand if acting like an idiot like guys like Brands, Manning and Bono do might make refs NOT want to give them 50/50 calls.

Can you provide some examples of other “trash” calls?  A couple that come to mind for me are Hidlay/Nolf and Max Dean the year he won.  But those are things you can probably count on one hand over a period of like 5 years.

What was the Hidlay/Nolf situation?

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 minutes ago, peanut said:

There are controversial and bad calls in every sport at every level. It’s a good reason to not put too much stock on the results of what is — in the end — a game. Try going outside, or learning a new skill, or reconnecting with your wives, or finally going to therapy. 

Just for the sake of being fair. Have you ever coached wrestling at any level. Say ,youth,high school or at the collegiate level? What level of wrestling did you personally compete at? 

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I've literally seen fans gets calls by insulting the ref for being bald so I'm gonna say your just waxing bs to defend PSU. Being quiet is not getting them calls. Period.

12 minutes ago, peanut said:

This is called deflection. It's not that important guys seriously, do or talk about anything else. Take your own advice and see yourself out if you don't like the discussion that we are all here for voluntarily. Don't yuck our yum daddio.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

This is called deflection. It's not that important guys seriously, do or talk about anything else. Take your own advice and see yourself out if you don't like the discussion that we are all here for voluntarily. Don't yuck our yum daddio.

Talk as much as you want, if you think talking is fun. But perspective is important.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

I've literally seen fans gets calls by insulting the ref for being bald so I'm gonna say your just waxing bs to defend PSU. Being quiet is not getting them calls. Period.

Lol I am by no means a PSU fan and like I said this call was “trash,” and I usually try to defend the refs. A youth referee may get rattled by being yelled at, but D1 refs won’t.  Again, I wouldn’t  necessarily say that Cael is “getting” calls, it’s that other coaches may be “losing” them by acting like idiots.  Although Ryan usually isn’t too bad so I don’t think that applies in this instance.

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, peanut said:

Talk as much as you want, if you think talking is fun. But perspective is important.

Whose perspective? Your perspective that it's just a game? Killkearys perspective? For whom it could have lasting consequences on his life long dream? The seeding comittees? 

In the context of this sport it matters. Save the what really matters speech for Mrs America.

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Lol I am by no means a PSU fan and like I said this call was “trash,” and I usually try to defend the refs. A youth referee may get rattled by being yelled at, but D1 refs won’t.  Again, I wouldn’t  necessarily say that Cael is “getting” calls, it’s that other coaches may be “losing” them by acting like idiots.  Although Ryan usually isn’t too bad so I don’t think that applies in this instance.

I didn't ever say you were a fan. I said you were talking nonsense in their defense and you still are. Tom Ryan is all class as you said. On that we can agree.

13 hours ago, PSULou64 said:

The refs felt that there was no control so they counted danger but it didn't make the count.  Doesn't really matter what we think but I can see both sides.  If it had been ruled a takedown they probably wouldn't have overturned it.  Just is what it is sometimes.

You can say it was a bad call. 

Hey guys, I just checked again and it still appears that Davis did in fact have his hand raised after a 4-3 Decision victory over Kilkeary.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Hey guys, I just checked again and it still appears that Davis did in fact have his hand raised after a 4-3 Decision victory over Kilkeary.

Truth. And as a diehard PSU fan I can also be shocked that was not called a TD, either live or upon review.

• Fire 3

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

30 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Truth. And as a diehard PSU fan I can also be shocked that was not called a TD, either live or upon review.

I never said it wasn't a shit call.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

That Nolf call is burnt into my brain. The nicely-tanned Hidley cried after the match because he realized the universe conspired against him. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

That Nolf call is burnt into my brain. The nicely-tanned Hidley cried after the match because he realized the universe conspired against him. 

Nolf likely wins that match anyway.  But Hidlay had a takedown

5 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

The universe and Nolfs knees being off the mat,  no TD. 

9 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

What do we do with that? There is a universe of things you didn't say.

The thread title says that he lost.  I was simply stating the fact that he did, in fact, not lose.