Braeden Davis lost

13 hours ago, peanut said:

There are controversial and bad calls in every sport at every level. It’s a good reason to not put too much stock on the results of what is — in the end — a game. Try going outside, or learning a new skill, or reconnecting with your wives, or finally going to therapy. 

+ 1 for therapy. I mentioned it in a post here the other day where I outlined my Friday pre watching wrestling schedule.

therapy and sobriety 😎😎

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

Kilkeary hit a super illegal cutback at the PWC and got away with it, winning him the match, so Kilkeary has no room for complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why doesn't he? he went in to Rec Hall, arguably one of the toughest places to wrestle  and win in. He beats the number 2 ranked 125 pounder fair and square only to have an inept referee take the win from him. I don't know what happened at PWC it really has nothing to do with this match. I have yet to hear anyone not call that a takedown. I would be willing to say that Cael,Cody and Casey would concede it was a takedown and would have been extremely upset had the roles been reversed. 

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

Kilkeary hit a super illegal cutback at the PWC and got away with it, winning him the match, so Kilkeary has no room for complaint.

I'm surprised by this type of response from you. Your responses are almost always well thought out. They're snarky sometimes, but never, "whataboutisms." 

• Fire 1

20 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I wouldn’t say they get a lot of “trash” calls, although I’d put this one in that category.  I’d agree they do seem to get a lot of calls that could go either way that end up going their way though.  The interesting part to me about that is that Cael rarely even argues.  Maybe some of the other coaches should take note…

I would say there was an obvious inconsistency at '25 and '41. They gave reaction time at '25 but not at '41. If you're going to give Davis the TD, Bartlett shouldn't have gotten one...IMO.

I'd love to see an independent ref reviewing the call at the Conference Tourneys and of course the NCAAs. Not the same ref who made the call...the guy who's more inclined to go with the call on the Mat...a ref who doesn't have a bias.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

I would say there was an obvious inconsistency at '25 and '41. They gave reaction time at '25 but not at '41. If you're going to give Davis the TD, Bartlett shouldn't have gotten one...IMO.

It was close, but I didn’t hate the Bartlett call.  I believe that was in fact earned due to neutral danger, so no reaction time required.  The debate was moreso whether or not Mendez went over 90 during the count. Also seemed like he had a good chance of finishing if the match wasn’t stopped.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I'd love to see an independent ref reviewing the call at the Conference Tourneys and of course the NCAAs. Not the same ref who made the call...the guy who's more inclined to go with the call on the Mat...a ref who doesn't have a bias.

I would agree having an independent ref is extremely important. The same ref that made the call will try to save face on a bad call and not change when he reviews the video. It will be absolutely essential to have this at the conference and NCAA Tournaments. I'm confused on this reaction time . It should you gain control at the exact moment you are turning your opponent it should be immediate takedown and ref should be counting backs immediately . There should not be a delay. I would say the ref was really not in a good position to make the correct call he was standing up and could not clearly see the back of Davis but on the video review he should have got it right.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

13 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I would agree having an independent ref is extremely important. The same ref that made the call will try to save face on a bad call and not change when he reviews the video. It will be absolutely essential to have this at the conference and NCAA Tournaments. I'm confused on this reaction time . It should you gain control at the exact moment you are turning your opponent it should be immediate takedown and ref should be counting backs immediately . There should not be a delay. 

I think the ref on Friday was confusing “reaction time” with “continuous movement.”  Davis kept moving so for some reason he was considering it all as one “reaction” when clearly it wasn’t.

I just skimmed through the match thread on BWI and I am impressed that I did not see one person that actually thought it shouldn’t have been a TD.

• Fire 2

50 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Lol @ Bartlett trying to hold in his laugh while Cael tries to not admit how bad the call was

They all 3  know it was a takedown. All day every day. Thanks for posting the video. Now we need one of the referee explaining his thoughts and actions. 

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, Le duke said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Kilkeary making a complaint?  What's his screen name?